Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any hotel deals for Dublin Airport, they are always mad expensive!

Options
  • 02-06-2019 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

Is there any website or tips I can use to get a decent price for an overnight in Dublin airport hotel that has a shuttle to Terminal 1 the next morning? I need to stay there mid-September on a Saturday night as I have an early flight next day and no matter which one I pick from hotelscombined booking.com etc Im getting mad prices for just 1 night no breakfast, like 200euros!

Any tips on how to get a decent room but not break the bank before my holiday begins?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Is there any website or tips I can use to get a decent price for an overnight in Dublin airport hotel that has a shuttle to Terminal 1 the next morning? I need to stay there mid-September on a Saturday night as I have an early flight next day and no matter which one I pick from hotelscombined booking.com etc Im getting mad prices for just 1 night no breakfast, like 200euros!

Any tips on how to get a decent room but not break the bank before my holiday begins?!

Any city centre hotel or north Dublin hotel will have an Aircoach going past it. Only 28 minutes to the IFSC from Dublin.
    Or try ringing the Radisson and ask for a commercial rate. Try saying you are with the ESB....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Try other hotels just outside with good shuttle buses.
    Bewleys Clayton is another I've mentioned before and has good reviews.
    Should get for considerably cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

What advance rate is Premier Inn DUB airport giving you?

Holiday Inn DUB €122.00 on a Saturday in September using rate detailed here

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?p=87733835

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

City North www.citynorthhotel.com

Only 15 mins from airport with a free shuttle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

We stayed in the Premier Inn over the Easter Holidays for one night and it cost €82, we also availed of the 2 course dinner with a drink - wine, beer or soft drink and a buffet breakfast next morning for €31.50pp.

There's a shuttle bus to the airport and it's €2 each way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

stayed at the premier inn for as little as €65 recently, but you have to book in advance and book on their website. They might not even be offering their rooms on 3rd party websites, which could be why youre not seeing their offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Dublin is general is crazy expensive again. You might be lucky and grab a €50-60 room in Premier inn or travelodge months ahead these days. Saturday night is unfortunately the worst by far.

Try airbnb., can sometimes find places for 50-60 euro in North Dublin

Bus eireann has over-night buses from certain towns. Ballina via Longford leaves at 1am arriving airport just after 4.30am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

That’s great value all right. The only disadvantage with the Premier Inn is that if you’re arriving by car you can’t leave the car in their car park for the duration of your trip unlike the Clayton.
    deisemum wrote: »
    We stayed in the Premier Inn over the Easter Holidays for one night and it cost €82, we also availed of the 2 course dinner with a drink - wine, beer or soft drink and a buffet breakfast next morning for €31.50pp.

There's a shuttle bus to the airport and it's €2 each way.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

City North is coming in at €119 which includes parking.
    Shuttle bus is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

stayed at the premier inn for as little as €65 recently, but you have to book in advance and book on their website. They might not even be offering their rooms on 3rd party websites, which could be why youre not seeing their offers.

Bingo! Got a room for 85euros but they wanted an extra 12 euros for breakfast which is a bit much! I went for the room only and yes, booked right through their website to get it. Thanks. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The Premier Inn breakfast only starts at 5.30am for 'continental' and 6.30am for buffet so if you've an early flight it's just as well you didn't book it.

I think their 1st shuttle is at 4.15am.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

They are extortionate in the summer months.
    You would be better off staying somewhere else and getting the Aircoach out

Advertisement