Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girl gang Lucan - unprovoked attack!

Options
  • 02-06-2019 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Hi! Just wanted to warn parents. My daughter's friend and another girl, who are not from Lucan, but were walking in Grifeen Park yesterday evening - 6.30 p.m., with two boys from Lucan, were attacked, without any provocation from a gan of girls. The gang initially attacked the girl that was with my daughter's friend, and then when my daughter's friend went to help her, the gang attached her as well. My daughter's friend got kicked in the eye - and has a large shiner. The friend that was with her got kicked in the head several times. The boys that were with the girls had to intervene. All ended up coming to our house for safety. Both my daughter's friend and the other girl with her, and the boys, were all sober - they are all aged 16/17. All of us parents went to report the inident to the Gardai. Some of the boys knew the names of the attackers, but were afraid to say anything, in case the girl gang got some of their friends, who are not from Lucan, but live not too far away, to beat up the boys. My son who is 16, told me that he has seen some of the boys in the village run for safety when lads from other close enough areas come into the village, as these lads often threaten them physically. What type of world do we live in where this lawlessness is allowed to happen. Lucan used to be a nice area. Now I am scared for my children, and also their friends. .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Hannaho wrote: »
    Hi! Just wanted to warn parents. My daughter's friend and another girl, who are not from Lucan, but were walking in Grifeen Park yesterday evening - 6.30 p.m., with two boys from Lucan, were attacked, without any provocation from a gan of girls. The gang initially attacked the girl that was with my daughter's friend, and then when my daughter's friend went to help her, the gang attached her as well. My daughter's friend got kicked in the eye - and has a large shiner. The friend that was with her got kicked in the head several times. The boys that were with the girls had to intervene. All ended up coming to our house for safety. Both my daughter's friend and the other girl with her, and the boys, were all sober - they are all aged 16/17. All of us parents went to report the inident to the Gardai. Some of the boys knew the names of the attackers, but were afraid to say anything, in case the girl gang got some of their friends, who are not from Lucan, but live not too far away, to beat up the boys. My son who is 16, told me that he has seen some of the boys in the village run for safety when lads from other close enough areas come into the village, as these lads often threaten them physically. What type of world do we live in where this lawlessness is allowed to happen. Lucan used to be a nice area. Now I am scared for my children, and also their friends. .

Sorry about your daughter, but one incident or a few incidents doesn't make Lucan a bad place. Sadly this common enough in area's that are now maturing.

Gangs coming from nearby areas is a common thing since the 80's, grew up with it down the country, eventually they will hit their match or two areas will come together against them.

Advertisement