Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Youths doing ****ty things but not shooting anyone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭mistersifter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

The story about the kids trying to set fire to the tent with the homeless man inside is getting a lot of attention too. They were even younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

FFred wrote: »
    Looking at the long video again, the feral children walked away repeatedly and the filmmaker followed them asking ‘what is your problem?’ etc.

He is the adult in this encounter and made a bad situation worse with his lack of streetwiseness. I myself, as an adult who works with such youths, think he handled the situation poorly.

Exactly what i thought too. He almost "eggs them on". Obviously they're little ****s but they're idiot kids and he's the adult in the situation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Anyone know what prompted this video? Was it just general hi-jinx by bored kids?

I’d guess the parents of these kids will be none too pleased, not about the behavior of their precious darlings, but that a stranger posted a video of them on YouTube Facebook and other social media sites.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some members of that community confronted him on this regardless of whether he was “within his rights”- walking away and avoiding confrontation is the best policy in these situations. I mean, trying to explain that you pay taxes to such a kid displaying this behavior- you’re really not going to get anywhere.

Adult v Child "debate" is bad optics, even with your own. The core of that kind of stuff tends to come from the kitchen table or perhaps peers. The first brat looks to be the gang leader and the second one just apes her behaviour. At this stage it is likely to follow them around for quite a while, dare I say deservedly so. I am still inclined to say he should have walked away but when you're not actually there that's just an easier outcome to see.

FFred wrote: »
    Looking at the long video again, the feral children walked away repeatedly and the filmmaker followed them asking ‘what is your problem?’ etc.

He is the adult in this encounter and made a bad situation worse with his lack of streetwiseness. I myself, as an adult who works with such youths, think he handled the situation poorly.
    Yeah, he is but there is a cultural thing at work from his perspective and the concept of what they call educación in Spanish - how you behave. It is a very big deal and goes someway to explaining his reaction. What he really needed here was a voice in his ear saying forget about this nonsense.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/cleaner-slapped-girl-11-after-she-poured-liquid-on-his-wife-38186554.html

Another tremendous example of Irish parenting at work.

tl; dr Somebody's little darling abuses Polish cleaner, throws pizza at her and pours drink on her head, abuses cleaner's husband when he arrives. He slaps her and is up before the beak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Noveight wrote: »
    Peter Casey saw a huge jump in support after having a go at our leniency with Travellers and their BS.

I reckon there are votes there to be won should a politician approach with a balanced and reasonable solutions to problems like scumbags, Travelers, life-long welfare abusers, etc.

Such a politician or group would have serious work on their hands. Such policies would be loudly decried as draconian or fascist by many incumbent politicos who very much have the ear of most leading media organs in Ireland today. Irish political and moral opinion is very driven by mainstream media. If you can't get them onside you have nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

spurious wrote: »
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/cleaner-slapped-girl-11-after-she-poured-liquid-on-his-wife-38186554.html

tl; dr Somebody's little darling abuses Polish cleaner, throws pizza at her and pours drink on her head, abuses cleaner's husband when he arrives. He slaps her and is up before the beak.

Ridiculous but not surprising,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

spurious wrote: »

Was it wrong to hit her? Probably.
    Did she deserve it? Definitely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/online-threats-have-massive-impact-on-author-whose-article-featured-in-junior-cert-english-929151.html

Why would anyone bother looking up the author of a piece in an exam paper simply to hurl dog's abuse at them??

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/online-threats-have-massive-impact-on-author-whose-article-featured-in-junior-cert-english-929151.html

Why would anyone bother looking up the author of a piece in an exam paper simply to hurl dog's abuse at them??
    This is apparently what Gen Z students, who one day may be our leaders, do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

is_that_so wrote: »
    This is apparently what Gen Z students, who one day may be our leaders, do.

What comes after Z? Do we start at A again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Just go for Z again, sure why not. The old place won't last too much longer anyway if the link above is anything to go by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

nah, we've abandoned the alphabet in favor of just calling them what they are, Snowflakes or the like

Well Gen X was coined in 1965 by Douglas Coupland at the end of the baby boomers and they were followed by Y (Millenials) about 20 years later. Z is obviously a more recent one and came from an online competition run by USA Today. As it's all about being comfortable and technology and digital natives it could be around for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,569 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

People can become real pathetic morons sometimes. F*cking scumbags. I hope the Gardaí catches them with whatever powers they have under the arms of the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Appalling behaviour.

A combination of no class and bad breeding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

tupenny wrote: »
    Exactly what i thought too. He almost "eggs them on". Obviously they're little ****s but they're idiot kids and he's the adult in the situation

They ripped his headphones off as he wait at the luas stop. I'd be pretty pissed off too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

caff wrote: »
    They ripped his headphones off as he wait at the luas stop. I'd be pretty pissed off too
    I must have missed that part of the video(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Fr. Pat Noise

Father Pat here- I’ll bet that kid’s family are “known” to the guards. I’m surprised it got to court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

New Irish robbing other New Irish at knifepoint

Sure we've always had ..yadda yadda yadda

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/phone-shop-north-dublin-video-16418407

Screen-Shot-2019-06-13-at-23-49-09.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭FaxingBerlin

The two new accounts falling over themselves to post the story. Ye could at least try to coordinate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,145 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Varadkars Ireland

Since when did he buy the country?

MrFresh wrote: »
    The two new accounts falling over themselves to post the story. Ye could at least try to coordinate.

You dont be worrying about that. Have you not got some rights to be fighting for on another thread? lol

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Since when did he buy the country?

He may not own it but hes doing a good job of selling it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,145 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

He may not own it but hes doing a good job of selling it.

Please do explain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Not even a bit of hurry in them. Calm and calculated. People need to start looking out for one another. When the state can't/won't protect its citizens, it is the citizens duty to protect themselves.

• Advertisement

You dont be worrying about that. Have you not got some rights to be fighting for on another thread? lol

Do you think that's an insult?

Not even a bit of hurry in them. Calm and calculated. People need to start looking out for one another. When the state can't/won't protect its citizens, it is the citizens duty to protect themselves.

They were watching that shop for a while because there is normally 3 or 4 Indian guys in there. Bout 200 metres from the garda station too. What a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Ah typical.
    Attacking the messenger of the story and not the criminality exhibited; only due to fact that it is another example of how black gangs are prevalent in the Dublin area and the strife they are causing in various communities ....

Kivaro wrote: »
    Ah typical.
    Attacking the messenger of the story and not the criminality exhibited; only due to fact that it is another example of how black gangs are prevalent in the Dublin area and the strife they are causing in various communities ....

Fresh is only interested in natives causing trouble. Obvious agenda going on there.

Kivaro wrote: »
    Ah typical.
    Fresh is only interested in natives causing trouble. Obvious agenda going on there.

There is an obvious agenda alright. I get that you guys miss your racist thread but this thread is titled "Youths doing ****ty things." This is two men committing an armed robbery. Not really the same thing is it. I'm sure you can find a better place to post every bad thing black people do.

Also, as far as I can tell, there's nothing to suggest they are not natives. He doesn't mention any kind of accent or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

You'll find that the likes of them don't consider anyone born in Ireland that isn't white to be Irish, regardless of what the law or anything else might say.

There is an obvious agenda alright. I get that you guys miss your racist thread but this thread is titled "Youths doing ****ty things." This is two men committing an armed robbery. Not really the same thing is it. I'm sure you can find a better place to post every bad thing black people do.

Also, as far as I can tell, there's nothing to suggest they are not natives. He doesn't mention any kind of accent or anything.

As far as I can tell there is nothing to suggest they are natives, although its possible they were anchor babies. Not Irish imo.

As far as I can tell there is nothing to suggest they are natives, although its possible they were anchor babies. Not Irish imo.

Would the victim not have mentioned it during his detailed description?

Would the victim not have mentioned it during his detailed description?

Maybe he did. I'm sure he gave more of a detailed description in his statement to the Gardai.

• Advertisement

Maybe he did. I'm sure he gave more of a detailed description in his statement to the Gardai.

Possibly. It would at least give you something to justify your claim.

You need to to stop trying to claim everybody that lives here as Irish all the time. Being born here doesn't mean anything, you know a lot of people born here dont identify as Irish anyway they identify as being the nationality of their parents. Also this "black irish" bull****. You're Irish or your arent. No need to bring colour into it. I dont see the need for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Whist. If there was no video footage there would be no mention of the ethnicity of the robbers. You know it and I know it.

You need to to stop trying to claim everybody that lives here as Irish all the time. Being born here doesn't mean anything, you know a lot of people born here dont identify as Irish anyway they identify as being the nationality of their parents. Also this "black irish" bull****. You're Irish or your arent. No need to bring colour into it. I dont see the need for it.

Article 2

It is the entitlement and birthright of every person born in the island of Ireland, which includes its islands and seas, to be part of the Irish Nation.

Whist. If there was no video footage there would be no mention of the ethnicity of the robbers. You know it and I know it.

The difference is, their ethnicity doesn't change anything for me. I don't see this crime as any different to all the other armed robberies committed in the State. You take extra offence because of their ethnicity.

Also this "black irish" bull****. You're Irish or your arent. No need to bring colour into it. I dont see the need for it.

exactly, same BS here in the states (african american) you're either american or african, you want to be african than f*** off back to africa

exactly, same BS here in the states (african american) you're either american or african, you want to be african than f*** off back to africa

You guys really don't like the founding principles of this country. The constitution specifically recognises the importance of people's connections to their ancestral home. Perhaps if you don't like the basic ideas this country was founded upon it is you who should **** off.

Article 2

Furthermore, the Irish nation cherishes its special affinity with people of Irish ancestry living abroad who share its cultural identity and heritage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

So i assume you have the same problems with anyone calling themselves irish/american and the whole irish community shtick in the US then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

I do feel a bit sorry for this young girl because, well, she's a young girl who has gone viral for being a racist. Some might argue that it's a fitting punishment for racism, but not if you're 14. At that age you're not thinking for yourself. You're regurgitating what you hear from your mum or dad or older siblings.

Not to sound too soft-hearted, but I do hope she's okay.

So i assume you have the same problems with anyone calling themselves irish/american and the whole irish community shtick in the US then?

no one calls themselves irish\america in the States

cue the anal retentive semantics on this forum "so there isnt one irishman in the whole country that calls themself an irish\american?" :pac:

no one calls themselves irish\america in the States

That's a ridiculous claim. There are organizations, publications, buildings and sports teams that all use the term either in their name or description.

That's a ridiculous claim. There are organizations, publications, buildings and sports teams that all use the term either in their name or description.

just like i said, right on cue :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement