Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heuston Station to St Vincents Hospital

Options
  • 03-06-2019 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Need to take a trip to St Vincents, will be landing into Heuston Station and need to make my way out to St Vincents and I'm very unfamiliar with the route and city itself so was hoping someone might be able to advise me.

From a bit of research it seems I can get the 145 bus from outside Heuston and that will drop me near enough to St Vincents, or I could get the LUAS to Busaras, walk over to Connolly and DART out to Sydney Parade and walk from there.

Just wondering which is the handiest / quickest route to take, or how long I'd be looking at?

Need to be there for 10.30 and train arrives at 9.50 at Heuston, have I got any chance of getting there within 40 mins or so or am I dreaming?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I don't think there's much chance via public transport in that time frame.
    Too many bus stops to stop at. Any chance of an earlier train, or getting the appointment put back, even 30 minutes?

I suppose there's a chance in a taxi if you meet no traffic. It's very tight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Taxi only way given that timeframe.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Morby

Thank you, appreciate your response.

Sounds like I'll have to get an earlier train at around 6am, so!

Would I be better off getting the bus, or doing LUAS and DART?

Which method would most likely be quicker?

Sorry, never done this trip before so it's all new to me, so apologies for the stupid questions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Morby wrote: »
    Hi all,

Need to take a trip to St Vincents, will be landing into Heuston Station and need to make my way out to St Vincents and I'm very unfamiliar with the route and city itself so was hoping someone might be able to advise me.

From a bit of research it seems I can get the 145 bus from outside Heuston and that will drop me near enough to St Vincents, or I could get the LUAS to Busaras, walk over to Connolly and DART out to Sydney Parade and walk from there.

Just wondering which is the handiest / quickest route to take, or how long I'd be looking at?

Need to be there for 10.30 and train arrives at 9.50 at Heuston, have I got any chance of getting there within 40 mins or so or am I dreaming?

Assuming you’re getting the 7.30 from Galway, No way you could get to the 6.30 instead? Barring that, Taxi would be your only option, 20-25 quid I’d imagine.

Edit: Seeing your last post, considering you’re traveling at peak rush hour I’d say Luas and Dart would be more reliable but very uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭mvt

Bus will less hassle if you haven't done this before & a bit cheaper too.
    Probably a bit of a wait at the hospital so don't stress about being bang on time.
    Good luck.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, I'll try get to Heuston for 8.50 in that case so, so aside from taxi, is the general consensus that the 145 bus from Heuston is the easier / quicker option?

Thanks again for all the replies, you've been very helpful, appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

No possibility of doing that in 40 minutes. You will need to get a taxi. I do this a lot and get the LUAS to Abbey St then the 4 or 7 bus

Thanks for all the help folks, got an earlier train and made it in plenty of time with 30 minutes to spare. Thanks again!

Advertisement