Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aer Lingus Advance Passenger Information

• 03-06-2019 12:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭

I'm flying to Portugal next week. I have an account with Aer Lingus and when I went into my online account, I was asked if I wanted to save my passport details for future reference. I did this and then I decided to look at the "manage my booking" page.

There was a tab for advance passenger information and I clicked on this, assuming that the details that I had just entered online would come up. To my surprise, the details were blank. What's the point of entering and saving my data if it's then not used? Or is there something I need to click to get them to use saved data? If so, It's not obvious (to me, anyway).

On a related point, any idea why Aer Lingus don't allow you to use smartphone boarding passes in Faro Airport?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

It'll save your details for the next time you make a booking. The API is different and has to be filled out when flying into certain countries.

Don't know about the boarding passes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

abff wrote: »
    I'm flying to Portugal next week. I have an account with Aer Lingus and when I went into my online account, I was asked if I wanted to save my passport details for future reference. I did this and then I decided to look at the "manage my booking" page.

There was a tab for advance passenger information and I clicked on this, assuming that the details that I had just entered online would come up. To my surprise, the details were blank. What's the point of entering and saving my data if it's then not used? Or is there something I need to click to get them to use saved data? If so, It's not obvious (to me, anyway).

On a related point, any idea why Aer Lingus don't allow you to use smartphone boarding passes in Faro Airport?
    Is this true about the smartphone boarding passes in Faro
    Due to fly home on Saturday and no way to print
    Was planning using app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭VG31

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Was planning using app

Just get your boarding pass at the check-in desk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Was planning using app

As far as I know, it's still true, although I don't understand why. As VG 31 says, you'll just have to check in at the airport and get your boarding pass the old fashioned way. It means having to get to the airport a bit earlier, but at least they don't charge you €40 or thereabouts for not having checked in online (as Ryanair do).

abff wrote: »
    As far as I know, it's still true, although I don't understand why. As VG 31 says, you'll just have to check in at the airport and get your boarding pass the old fashioned way. It means having to get to the airport a bit earlier, but at least they don't charge you €40 or thereabouts for not having checked in online (as Ryanair do).

You can still do web check-in if you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

VG31 wrote: »
    You can still do web check-in if you want.

Sorry, my previous post was slightly inaccurate. You can check in online, but you would need to collect your boarding pass at the check in desk. I don't think they have a fast track lane for those who have already checked in, do you would be queueing for the same length of time. But at least you would be able to choose your seats when the 30 hour window opens.

I was in Faro Airport a few months ago and there was no queue for check-in so I wouldn't be concerned about it.

Advertisement