Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Query regarding electric fitting

• 03-06-2019 12:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,832 ✭✭✭

Getting a new built home and on the contract it says "electric fittings inclusive of lamps are to be supplied by client"

What does it mean? Do we have to pay for sockets, lighting points, etc?

Also, white goods = not included.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Getting a new built home and on the contract it says "electric fittings inclusive of lamps are to be supplied by client"

What does it mean? Do we have to pay for sockets, lighting points, etc?

Also, white goods = not included.

Yep sounds like you have to supply your own fittings.
    I'd have to assume the electrician is fitting them for you as part of his second fix, in order to certify.... But confirm that with them.
    Also ask about electric fittings associated with plumbing such as stats etc, who is providing these?

Its usual for white goods not to be included

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,832 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thanks.

It says immersion, heating pump, extractor fans, timer and fire alarms are provided. Toilets, bath and shower units provided.

So question is how much circa is going to cost for electric fittings?
    sydthebeat wrote: »
    Yep sounds like you have to supply your own fittings.
    I'd have to assume the electrician is fitting them for you as part of his second fix, in order to certify.... But confirm that with them.
    Also ask about electric fittings associated with plumbing such as stats etc, who is providing these?

Its usual for white goods not to be included

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

Depends how much you want to spend.
    Go for cheap plastic ones for 2 euro or fancy brushed aluminium ones for 7 euro.

Do you want integrated USB?
    Do you have a particular look or colour scheme in mind?

Work out how many sockets switches ect you need and start pricing fittings online.

Well the reason they are not included is because the range is so wide that putting a price on it really depends on what you want.

For example you could get a very basic double socket front for €1.50, or you could get a brushed stainless steel type for €50.

What would be the rough estimate for a 3 bedroom house for brushed aluminium ones?

Is there a website where I could look at the prices?

And yea they will provide their own electrician to certify these.
    Depends how much you want to spend.

Go for cheap plastic ones or fancy brushed aluminium ones.

• Advertisement

Check out screwfix

What would be the rough estimate for a 3 bedroom house for brushed aluminium ones?

Is there a website where I could look at the prices?

And yea they will provide their own electrician to certify these.

Long as a piece of string. Totally depends on the house and what you want. There's hundreds of styles.
    You can buy fittings in loads of places. Screwfix for a start. Maybe once you find what you want, get the electrician to buy with his trade discount.
    Pop into Homebase or B&Q to see them in person.

It's getting clear now. Many thanks Twenty Grand and Sydthebeat.

Seen screwfix now. A good decorative double socket (DS) point which I like is in the range of 20 euros. And it says total number of DS 18 in the contract, so that's 360 euros. Not too bad then. Unless electrician is going to charge extra to install them as his labour?

Plus lighting points, TV points, etc need to be added in as well.

I feel 5K should be enough including installation charges, if there are any.

It's getting clear now. Many thanks Twenty Grand and Sydthebeat.

Seen screwfix now. A good decorative double socket (DS) point which I like is in the range of 20 euros. And it says total number of DS 18 in the contract, so that's 360 euros. Not too bad then. Unless electrician is going to charge extra to install them as his labour?

Plus lighting points, TV points, etc need to be added in as well.

I feel 5K should be enough including installation charges, if there are any.

Have a hunt around for discount codes, bulk buys etc. If you have a few k in Screwfix it might be worth calling for a trade discount.

Also buy a few extra and return what you don't use. Saves you getting caught out on the day if you mess up the order or something arrives broken.

Definitely going to check for Traders discount from the electrician who is going to do the fittings and if he doesn't have then I will ring the company and try to get discount.
    Good point!
    Thank you!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement