Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Lights / New Build

Options
  • 03-06-2019 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Sorry for what might be a basic question, if this has been answered already then feel free to redirect me to where it came up.

Im not at all up to date on how smart lights or Philips Hue works. But basically, we're moving into a new build in a couple of months and there's maybe 20 downlights in the ceiling downstairs.

I'd like to fit these with smartbulbs so we can change colour / temperature as we please through an app.

Is Philips Hue our best bet or are there cheaper alternatives that work just as well?

Can you link bulbs so that you don't have to change each one individually, ie. can you create a living room "zone" on the app to change the colour of the bulbs of the living room as a group?

And is it just as simple as buying the bulbs or is there something else I need, is there any sort of "hub"?

Thanks, appreciate any info!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Get a hue starter kit and go from there. The starter kit includes the bridge (hue hub) to control all lights. I got all my hue lights and gear from Amazon, I watched them until the piece dropped and only bought them when they were on sale

Philips Hue White and Colour Ambience Wireless Lighting B22 Bayonet Cap LED Starter Kit, 3 x 9.5 W B22 Hue Colour Bulbs, 1 x Hue Bridge 2.0, 1 x Dimmer Switch, Apple HomeKit Enabled, Works with Alexa https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074H3HYRM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_99r9Cb2RJTB7X

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Get a hue starter kit and go from there. The starter kit includes the bridge (hue hub) to control all lights. I got all my hue lights and gear from Amazon, I watched them until the piece dropped and only bought them when they were on sale

Philips Hue White and Colour Ambience Wireless Lighting B22 Bayonet Cap LED Starter Kit, 3 x 9.5 W B22 Hue Colour Bulbs, 1 x Hue Bridge 2.0, 1 x Dimmer Switch, Apple HomeKit Enabled, Works with Alexa https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074H3HYRM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_99r9Cb2RJTB7X

Thanks, I'll check these out.

Advertisement