Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difference in planes

Options
  • 03-06-2019 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,479 ✭✭✭

Flew with Ryanair this weekend, Dublin to Munich return.

On the 6.10am Saturday flight the plane interior was pretty new/modern looking. Seats had slim backs which meant more leg room and the over head lockers opened down instead of up which seemed to create more space for bags.

On today's flight home, the interior was the "standard" plane with the blocky seats that your knees are almost up against and the over head lockers opened up.

I think both planes were 737-800 but cant be 100% sure.

Does anyone know if the first interior I described above is going to become standard because it made for a noticeably different flight experience.

Just to say, this is not bashing Ryanair, I love the airline and use them regularly. As soon as we got back today we booked a flight with them to Milan for the Octiber BH weekend. This is a genuinely curious question from someone that doesn't have a clue about these things.

I also apologise for making a balls of the descriptions but I'm hoping people will get what I mean.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Yep, they were the same plane as Ryanair currently only have 737-800 in their fleet. The interior on your flight over is known as sky interior. It’s on some Ryanair planes but not sure if the plan is to roll it out across the fleet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,479 ✭✭✭dobman88

Thanks for that. Hopefully they do make it standard across the fleet because the difference was very noticeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Some of the older 737-800's have been refitted with the new seats but dont carry the sky interior

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

jjbrien wrote:
    Some of the older 737-800's have been refitted with the new seats but dont carry the sky interior

Some now have a cheap copy of Boeing's Sky interior but it's a nasty blue shade more akin to a strip club.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,479 ✭✭✭dobman88

jjbrien wrote: »

I could live with that tbh. I haven't had the need for a case on a Ryanair flight in a long time. Usually just bring my backpack and never have an issue popping it over head. The leg room made all the difference for me as a tall guy with big legs lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Airlines tend to have to keep a lot of cabin spares for seats and galleys so it in their best interest to keep that stock as limited as possible, instead of carrying spares for multiple seat types. It is a severe pain in the arse dealing with differing seats /galley fit outs across a fleet.

Advertisement