Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First insurance

Options
  • 03-06-2019 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has any advice. I'm a young driver about to take my test this summer in the instructors car, I have no car.

I want to buy a car after I pass the test. I'll only be using it twice a week (to drive home for the weekend and then back to where I'm working). For this reason I want something small and cheap, 06 Polo or the likes. I'm having trouble getting reasonable insurance quotes because it's more than 10 years old.

Has anyone any experience in this, or recommendations?

I really can't justify buying a 09 or higher for the hour or two of driving I'll do a week! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

The only thing id suggest is buy from a dealership where you can pay for the car monthly, it might make the cost a little bit easier if its spread out over a year. Otherwise there is nothing that can be done, either you buy a more expensive car or pay higher insurance (if you get insured at all on an older car) it will balance itself out.
    Its a nightmare.

Advertisement