Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADHD supports in Galway

Options
  • 03-06-2019 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

I was recently diagnosed with (adult) ADHD. In this I have discovered a serious lack of supports for same in Galway. Well if you want something done, do it yourself.

So I got on to HADD Ireland and we’ve set up peer support sessions for this Tuesday evening in Westside Resource Centre.

8pm for parents of children with ADHD and 9pm for Adults with ADHD.

I’d be really interested in hearing from folks locally who have experience of assessment and/or treatment in Galway as it seems to be the only psychiatrist working in this field in Ireland is based out of Sligo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Lost for words. Well done for doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Well done for taking the initiative. I've been really impressed with the support there is for not only cancer patients but for cancer survivors. I've seen how much solace it provides for people diagnosed to talk to the only people who understand even years after completing treatment because life is never quite the same again. It's had me thinking a lot recently about so many other life-changing diagnosis people must cope with and how hard it would be to do alone.

Advertisement