Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing Guinness (Canada)

Options
  • 03-06-2019 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

Posting here because people might have more experience with shipping than the Canada forum.

Sounds like a daft one, but Guinness West Indies Porter. I'd like to get a few bottles shipped to Toronto.

Can I just get somebody to package it up and pay the postage? Seems an iffy situation due to LCBO and government control of liquor in Ontario.

I can bring it back from holidays up to 5 litres but I'm thinking shipping has some implications.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

The weight on the shipping will be the killer.

I know some Whiskey stores do ship to the US & Canada so it's probably legal alright.

You might be better off going to your local (not a chain) Liquor store and seeing if they can get it on special order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

The weight on the shipping will be the killer.

I know some Whiskey stores do ship to the US & Canada so it's probably legal alright.

You might be better off going to your local (not a chain) Liquor store and seeing if they can get it on special order.

The problem with Ontario (and Canada in general) is alcohol is only distributed through the (Government controlled) Liquor Control Board and unless they can order it, I don't think a shop can order outside of them.

Looks like you can send it via courier

https://www.lcbo.com/content/lcbo/en/corporate-pages/about/aboutourbusiness/importing.html

Advertisement