Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax relief at source query.

• 03-06-2019 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Would anybody have info on TRS. Have a mortgage with AIB and have only heard about this tax relief lately.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

• Registered Users Posts: 38 mathuna11

Thanks.
    Have read through that earlier. I have a mortgage since 2006 with aib. Ive never came across this tax relief on any mortgage statements or interest statements. Should I be looking into this I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭veryangryman

mathuna11 wrote: »
    Thanks.
    Have read through that earlier. I have a mortgage since 2006 with aib. Ive never came across this tax relief on any mortgage statements or interest statements. Should I be looking into this I wonder?

AFAIK you need to sign up to it? Although its been a while since i did mine. Still, worth giving revenue a call 1890 46 36 26. Theyll set ye straight

Contacted revenue. They told me Ive never received any TRS. So there looking into it for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭rameire

Contacted revenue. They told me Ive never received any TRS. So there looking into it for me.

Just so you know, it is a customer request that is required to start TRS on a mortgage, that request has to go to the Revenue.
    Unfortunately it is not a task of the Bank.

if you were entitled to it, they will probably only give you back trs for this year and the preceding 4 years, unfortunately my belief is you will not get TRS refund all the way back to 2006.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement

Yes they informed me of that but said I can appeal it. A big mistake on my part. I wouldnt mind im self employed and my accountant never mentioned it to me and I was never aware of it an expensive mistake looks like. From 2006-2014 i paid approx 60k in interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Yes they informed me of that but said I can appeal it. A big mistake on my part. I wouldnt mind im self employed and my accountant never mentioned it to me and I was never aware of it an expensive mistake looks like. From 2006-2014 i paid approx 60k in interest.

You need a new accountant.

Advertisement