Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending documents to Teaching council- stamp?

Options
  • 04-06-2019 7:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am wondering do you need to buy a stamp when sending documents off to Teaching Council in Maynooth?

I know You don't have to buy a stamp when you are sending it to the likes of road tax places.

Maybe someone here knows this? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

o1aa wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am wondering do you need to buy a stamp when sending documents off to Teaching Council in Maynooth?

I know You don't have to buy a stamp when you are sending it to the likes of road tax places.

Maybe someone here knows this? Thanks in advance!

Ya I’d say you need a stamp. If you have a few a4 documents you will probably need to have it weighed and pay postage on it. In fact, I’d probably send it by registered post in case they lose them.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭o1aa

Ya I’d say you need a stamp. If you have a few a4 documents you will probably need to have it weighed and pay postage on it. In fact, I’d probably send it by registered post in case they lose them.

I always send docs unregistered to the government bodies and my post never got lost.

The thing is people don't realise they don't need to be paying for stamps in certain cases so was wondering about this scenario :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Don't give them any excuse to say they didn't get your documents.

spurious wrote: »
    Don't give them any excuse to say they didn't get your documents.

I would always send original documents by registered postt but I'd send copies via unregistered.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I always send docs unregistered to the government bodies and my post never got lost.

The thing is people don't realise they don't need to be paying for stamps in certain cases so was wondering about this scenario :)

I wouldn't imagine that people sending documentation are worried about the cost of a stamp. I wouldn't risk the TC saying my documents were never received (a common enough scenario) to save €3-4. It'll cost you more to get another authenticated transcript from your college, than the cost of the postage. And a whole heap of hassle from the TC as you spend ages on the phone trying to sort it out. It's money wisely spent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Somebody has to pay for the stamps. You’re making the taxpayer foot the bill.
    Even SW are no longer sending claimants freepost envelopes, except for certain payments.
    TBH you're coming across as stingy. If you want your documents to arrive safely then just take them to the PO allow the staff to weigh it and pay the postage like everyone else.

Really people?

I asked because there are instances where there is no need for stamp, giving example of the motor tax office. I was simply asking if that's the case.

And as I highlighted above I wouldn't send originals via unregistered post. Please read posts carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Really people?

I asked because there are instances where there is no need for stamp, giving example of the motor tax office. I was simply asking if that's the case.

And as I highlighted above I wouldn't send originals via unregistered post. Please read posts carefully.

Yes really. And you didn't say you weren't saying originals. You asked if you could send it without a stamp.

It doesn't say freepost in their address. Buy a stamp. Stop being so stingy. If you're so keen to save yourself a couple of euro why don't you ring the TC and ask them if you can send it freepost?

No teacher with any shred of sense sends any documents (originals or copies) to the TC without registering them. They do it for traceability, so TC can't say they didn't get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I suppose it's more of a technical question.

Do you need to with government quangos?
    I don't know, best thing would be to ring them up.

Should you?

Well, Conversation with dept. of education my colleague had before:
    Her: Just wondering if you received that envelope with the documents?
    Dept.: No, never got it.
    Her: Well I used An Post tracking and you signed for it on such a date.
    Dept.: Oh yes, that one, that envelope was empty.
    Her: Oh really because it gives me the weight on the registered letter receipt and it weighs over 4 times more than the envelope.
    Dept.: I'll have to ring you back later.
    Her: Can I have your name please?
    Line goes dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I don't know about the stamp, but if you want to be registered with the TC within the next year, or want a course assessed by them within any reasonable time frame, then send it registered post. They are masters of "losing" documents. Even if the documents are copies, can you afford the time delay that will inevitably occur in processing your case? Personally I would always recommend delivering documentation in person to Maynooth and I would even cross the country to do so based on my experiences with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I think the answer and merits of registered Vs freepost are outlined. I'll close this up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement