Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest Secure

Options
  • 04-06-2019 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Has anyone any experience of the Nest Secure Alarm/Security system? Its not currently available in Ireland directly for purchase but I'm considering getting one in from the US.

I understand that it doesn't yet have the appropriate BS/EN certification and as I would be installing it myself it wouldn't cover house insurance requirements.

Those negatives aside, I like nest products, interface and its connectivity, its quite cheap compared to other market leaders here, and If I was to pick up a dummy box Im wondering if the only downfall is the higher insurance premium I would likely pay?

Any thoughts or experience would be appreciated?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Some folks over on the Home Automation forum have gotten one, you should take a look there.

It is a pity it doesn't have an external bell box, that is a major failure for the UK/Ireland market IMO.

Advertisement