Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster problem

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

No, but their terms and conditions are very, very easy to find. In this case you had bought nothing from them, they had no contract with you, and I’d be fairly sure that with GDPR they couldn’t give you any info even if they wanted to, as you did not purchase tickets from them.

Entirely correct. Even if you got ripped off on toutless and contacted admin, its an anonymous person making an allegation against another person.

The can do diddly squat. It needs to go to the gardai who issue the relevant request as outlined in my previous post.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Toutless.com terms and conditions. https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6

Adverts.ie terms and conditions. (tickets is no 8) https://help.adverts.ie/hc/en-us/articles/360001284769-House-rules-for-Sellers

Thanks

The entire point went over your head at great height.
    You’re taking a risk buying tickets off adverts even as the OP said, the poster has good feedback and tried to engage with him after. Something happened there, probably someone using a pic of the tickets to get a print off of repro from TM outlet.

You won’t see pics of tickets on toutless so that can’t happen and nobody there is going to shaft you.

To add, adverts changed their policy to match Toutless only recently funny enough.

You’re welcome.

The entire point went over your head at great height.
    You’re taking a risk buying tickets off adverts even as the OP said, the poster has good feedback and tried to engage with him after. Something happened there, probably someone using a pic of the tickets to get a print off of repro from TM outlet.

You won’t see pics of tickets on toutless so that can’t happen and nobody there is going to shaft you.

To add, adverts changed their policy to match Toutless only recently funny enough.

You’re welcome.

What policy changed and when? How do you know it was a photo of the ticket that was copied. How do you know someone didnt pull a fast one on the seller in person and got a reprint done. Indeed, how do you know the steward at the gate wasnt involved? Or even the buyers friend when the buyer wasnt looking?

You appear to make a lot of assumptions which could be pure pie in the sky.

Your statement of it wouldnt happen on toutless is completely wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

For all the posters pointing out I had no contract with Ticketmaster, I'm not really why this is such an important point to you, although I appreciate your collective conscientious effort in making it.
    It is not relevant or helpful to me in any way because my complaint is about the way they speak to/respond to people. They don't have to do anything for me but they could treat me with the dignity and respect a fellow human being deserves. Especially if their system allows for this to happen. There are definitely ways they could ensure this doesn't happen so easily and to respond to these situations in the manner they do is just bad bad business.

In case anyone is interested, I have the name and address of the guy I bought tickets off. He has turned it all around on me saying well you were at the gig so how can I trust you. Thing is he knows right well I was stuck in a crap situation where the one ticket that worked had been scanned and so had to be used, then to get both of us in I had to buy another.
    In trying to sort it out with him he has been slippery at every turn with absolutely no interest in taking any responsibility. He didn't even try to complain to Ticketmaster for me like he said he would. Just sent a "tweet"
    He's actually been so shady since all this transpired that I'm back to thinking he might have planned the whole thing.

• Advertisement

lolo62 wrote: »
    For all the posters pointing out I had no contract with Ticketmaster, I'm not really why this is such an important point to you, although I appreciate your collective conscientious effort in making it.
    It is not relevant or helpful to me in any way because my complaint is about the way they speak to/respond to people. They don't have to do anything for me but they could treat me with the dignity and respect a fellow human being deserves. Especially if their system allows for this to happen. There are definitely ways they could ensure this doesn't happen so easily and to respond to these situations in the manner they do is just bad bad business.

In what way did they disrespect you as a human being? What does their system allow to happen? For the record, I dont particularly like them either.

In what way did they disrespect you as a human being? What does their system allow to happen?

Are you interested in helping me with useful information or antagonizing me because you've had a bad day?
    Genuine question, just trying to filter the trolls from the concerned posters...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

They try to ensure this doesn’t happen by telling people not to buy from third parties. It’s literally in/on every email/ticket you get from them. They’ve actually just sent me one because I’m going to some of the Malahide concerts. It isn’t their fault that people don’t abide by their terms. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AvonEnniskerry

lolo62 wrote:
    In case anyone is interested, I have the name and address of the guy I bought tickets off. He has turned it all around on me saying well you were at the gig so how can I trust you. Thing is he knows right well I was stuck in a crap situation where the one ticket that worked had been scanned and so had to be used, then to get both of us in I had to buy another. In trying to sort it out with him he has been slippery at every turn with absolutely no interest in taking any responsibility. He didn't even try to complain to Ticketmaster for me like he said he would. Just sent a "tweet" He's actually been so shady since all this transpired that I'm back to thinking he might have planned the whole thing.

Your attitude reeks of blaming everyone else and no personal responsibility. Your man owes you nothing. He sold tickets in good faith. And you purchased them willingly. I'd stop replying too. And threatening that you've their name and address isn't helping your cause.

In what way did they disrespect you as a human being? What does their system allow to happen? For the record, I dont particularly like them either.

Two guys at the Ticketmaster desk were laughing at me saying I had scanned the ticket in at 3.30 that day. I kept telling them I had been at home until 6.30 and only separated the tickets walking towards the scanners so we could hand in separately 10 minutes previously. One kept shouting me down "THAT TICKET WAS SCANNED IN TODAY AT 3.30"
    I kept asking them what else could have happened because it couldn't have been and they continued to laugh and shout me down.
    There was no trying to look at the details of how I had the tickets and what could have happened. I had to get that info from security who were very nice.
    When I called Ticketmaster the next day I didn't even get a chance to finish my sentence, shouted down, talked over and dismissed because my name wasn't on the credit card.
    It would only take 2 minutes of their time to listen to your situation and patiently/calmly explain what they think could have happened.

I don't go to concerts often and had no idea how hard copy tickets could have been used when I had them in my possession. The atmosphere was that I was an idiot, and/or lying. This is an unacceptable way to deal with people in any professional role.

In relation to how they allow this to happen, I think I posted a page or so back, embed hard copy barcodes with some kind of signature so that if an eticket is scanned and it comes up as a hard copy barcode, stop them and refuse entry. Seems like a simple concept no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Just another suggestion as to what might have happened. I had bought two tickets to a gig in Vicar Street a couple of years ago, tickets came in the post, and were pretty much stuck in the drawer until the night of the gig.

Met my friend outside the gig, I walked in first, bouncer scanned the ticket: "beep" and I walked in. Turned around and my friends ticket begin scanned: "that other beep sound" :eek: Bouncer says ticket has already been used he's not getting in. I say to the bouncer that's not possible and to try again and he basically tells me to go away immediately or he's throwing me out too. ****ing arsehole!

So my friend stands outside and I go get a pint. I'm talking to him on the phone and tell him there's no way the ticket has already been used and to try again. So I get my pint and go and stand in the foyer again where I can see the back of the bouncer. My friend walks up again after 5-10 minutes the bouncer scans it again without noticing it's my friend who's handed it him and it beeps properly this time. My friend stands there and gives him a look as if to say "what were you saying earlier" and the bouncer tells him if he's being smart he won't let him in. ****ing Arsehole! Anyway my friend got in second time around.

I've probably been to ~150 gigs over the years and this is the only time anything like this has ever happened. To be honest I don't know how something like that can happen when it's just a barcode and I probably wouldn't have believed it either except it happened to me!

Just wondering OP did you just try the once to scan the ticket? I didn't realise those ticket readers had to ability to say what time the ticket was scanned at, just that it was already scanned :confused: Seems like overkill to have a big database of all the barcodes accessible on every ticket scanner. Like for Slane or something that would be 80000 tickets and scan times on the Database. Wonder did they just make up the 3.30 time to make you more likely to leave them alone???

Your attitude reeks of blaming everyone else and no personal responsibility. Your man owes you nothing. He sold tickets in good faith. And you purchased them willingly. I'd stop replying too. And threatening that you've their name and address isn't helping your cause.

So I buy two tickets and one is fraud I can't blame someone? Out €70 and I only have myself to blame? What about the responsibility of the seller to not expose the tickets so they can be copied before selling them?

And who am I threatening? Posters are talking about section 8 Garda requests to get info of dodgy sellers. I have the info of mine I was just pointing that out.

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Just another suggestion as to what might have happened. I had bought two tickets to a gig in Vicar Street a couple of years ago, tickets came in the post, and were pretty much stuck in the drawer until the night of the gig.

Met my friend outside the gig, I walked in first, bouncer scanned the ticket: "beep" and I walked in. Turned around and my friends ticket begin scanned: "that other beep sound" :eek: Bouncer says ticket has already been used he's not getting in. I say to the bouncer that's not possible and to try again and he basically tells me to go away immediately or he's throwing me out too. ****ing arsehole!

So my friend stands outside and I go get a pint. I'm talking to him on the phone and tell him there's no way the ticket has already been used and to try again. So I get my pint and go and stand in the foyer again where I can see the back of the bouncer. My friend walks up again after 5-10 minutes the bouncer scans it again without noticing it's my friend who's handed it him and it beeps properly this time. My friend stands there and gives him a look as if to say "what were you saying earlier" and the bouncer tells him if he's being smart he won't let him in. ****ing Arsehole! Anyway my friend got in second time around.

I've probably been to ~150 gigs over the years and this is the only time anything like this has ever happened. To be honest I don't know how something like that can happen when it's just a barcode and I probably wouldn't have believed it either except it happened to me!

Just wondering OP did you just try the once to scan the ticket? I didn't realise those ticket readers had to ability to say what time the ticket was scanned at, just that it was already scanned :confused: Seems like overkill to have a big database of all the barcodes accessible on every ticket scanner. Like for Slane or something that would be 80000 tickets and scan times on the Database. Wonder did they just make up the 3.30 time to make you more likely to leave them alone???

Strange it eventually worked and not at first but happy ending to that story!
    Yes they showed me on the scanner. And they tried about 50 times as they could see by our faces we had no idea what was going on. They have lots of info just none of it helpful to the ticket user!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

So I buy two tickets and one is fraud I can't blame someone? Out €70 and I only have myself to blame? What about the responsibility of the seller to not expose the tickets so they can be copied before selling them?

And who am I threatening? Posters are talking about section 8 Garda requests to get info of dodgy sellers. I have the info of mine I was just pointing that out.

Jesus you’re a moan ! Seller didn’t realize that barcodes can be copied at the time , no more than you didn’t realize that they can be copied , right??? Cause if you did you wouldn’t have bought them off him , right ??? So the two of you learned something. In the greater scheme of things a life lesson cost you €70 ! Big deal. Stop trying to poach the money back off the seller as you are sounding fairly pathetic. You and your mate both got to see the gig , yeah. Move on

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AvonEnniskerry

lolo62 wrote:

It's not fraud if sold in good faith. You can purchase a car off a private seller only for it to break down a few weeks later and have no comeback. Buyer beware.

It's unfortunate that this has happened but I don't think the seller was out to get you. And I don't think it was wise to purchase tickets that were posted publicly onto a buy and sell page.

As I said it's sh!t but chalk it down to a learning experience.

hawkelady wrote: »
    Jesus you’re a moan ! Seller didn’t realize that barcodes can be copied at the time , no more than you didn’t realize that they can be copied , right??? Cause if you did you wouldn’t have bought them off him , right ??? So the two of you learned something. In the greater scheme of things a life lesson cost you €70 ! Big deal. Stop trying to poach the money back off the seller as you are sounding fairly pathetic. You and your mate both got to see the gig , yeah. Move on

What's your problem? Don't read the thread if it gets your back up. You might be happy to pay €70 for someone else's neligence but I amn't. Holding someone responsible for f*****g up isn't poaching. You're the moan.

Are you interested in helping me with useful information or antagonizing me because you've had a bad day?
    Genuine question, just trying to filter the trolls from the concerned posters...

Why are you attacking me? I have some insight into this stuff.

Two guys at the Ticketmaster desk were laughing at me saying I had scanned the ticket in at 3.30 that day. I kept telling them I had been at home until 6.30 and only separated the tickets walking towards the scanners so we could hand in separately 10 minutes previously. One kept shouting me down "THAT TICKET WAS SCANNED IN TODAY AT 3.30"
    I kept asking them what else could have happened because it couldn't have been and they continued to laugh and shout me down.
    There was no trying to look at the details of how I had the tickets and what could have happened. I had to get that info from security who were very nice.
    When I called Ticketmaster the next day I didn't even get a chance to finish my sentence, shouted down, talked over and dismissed because my name wasn't on the credit card.
    It would only take 2 minutes of their time to listen to your situation and patiently/calmly explain what they think could have happened.

I don't go to concerts often and had no idea how hard copy tickets could have been used when I had them in my possession. The atmosphere was that I was an idiot, and/or lying. This is an unacceptable way to deal with people in any professional role.

In relation to how they allow this to happen, I think I posted a page or so back, embed hard copy barcodes with some kind of signature so that if an eticket is scanned and it comes up as a hard copy barcode, stop them and refuse entry. Seems like a simple concept no?

You were asking for info and talking about somebody elses ticket. They are legally not allowed to tell you anything.

I am used to ejits saying "for data protection reasons....." but in this case, they were correct. As someone else said above, you appear to be blaming everyone else and as for your comment "dignity and respect for a human being", are you for real?

If I walked in to a ticketmaster office tomorrow, with somebody elses ticket and claim it didnt work, it apparently had been used, and I want my money back, they would quite rightly decline to deal with me.

I am not their customer. I have no right to any information about the real customer. The only avenue would be the gardai and a section 41 (b) request. Even then the gardai will hit a dead end on the basis of your account.

I dont know what you can do, but your arguements here are light and insignificant. You have no rights and claiming your rights and dignity have been abused as a human being are downright silly. Just stay out of warm rooms!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

What's your problem? Don't read the thread if it gets your back up. You might be happy to pay €70 for someone else's neligence but I amn't. Holding someone responsible for f*****g up isn't poaching. You're the moan.

So you’re admitting you bought into someone’s negligence..... that’s fine. This particular life lesson cost you €70.

Wait till your old enough to buy your first lemon of a car ... or someone claims off your insurance for a minor fender bender. I’m sure you’ll light up boards with those life lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I don't know the legalities of it but how is it your fault that security let someone in earlier with a counterfeit ticket?

You had the genuine ticket & they refused entry. You must be entitled to a refund from the promoters surely?

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I don't know the legalities of it but how is it your fault that security let someone in earlier with a counterfeit ticket?

You had the genuine ticket & they refused entry. You must be entitled to a refund from the promoters surely?

I am aware of a case where someone bought tickets which were reported missing in the post. New tix were sent out. The original tickets were refused at the door as cancelled. This is not a cut and dried situation.

I am seriously peed reading this, but I have no solution. I am sure it is in TM's terms and conditions somewhere about this.

• Advertisement

Why are you attacking me? I have some insight into this stuff.

You were asking for info and talking about somebody elses ticket. They are legally not allowed to tell you anything.

I am used to ejits saying "for data protection reasons....." but in this case, they were correct. As someone else said above, you appear to be blaming everyone else and as for your comment "dignity and respect for a human being", are you for real?

If I walked in to a ticketmaster office tomorrow, with somebody elses ticket and claim it didnt work, it apparently had been used, and I want my money back, they would quite rightly decline to deal with me.

I am not their customer. I have no right to any information about the real customer. The only avenue would be the gardai and a section 41 (b) request. Even then the gardai will hit a dead end on the basis of your account.

I dont know what you can do, but your arguements here are light and insignificant. You have no rights and claiming your rights and dignity have been abused as a human being are downright silly. Just stay out of warm rooms!

Not attacking, did you read my post? I asked a question. And you've answered it with how you've responded. Jesus there are some mercenary posters on this forum. Sorry my arguments aren't heavy enough for you. I'll just be really silly now and go and sit in a warm room!

If your attitude at the TM box was anything like it is here, might explain why they refused to help you.

Another life lesson on top of Don’t buy tickets from untrustworthy sources.

That to me looks like an attack. I have not had a bad day, quite a good one actually. And I am not trying to antagonise you. It is a genuine question.

Not attacking, did you read my post? I asked a question. And you've answered it with how you've responded. Jesus there are some mercenary posters on this forum. Sorry my arguments aren't heavy enough for you. I'll just be really silly now and go and sit in a warm room!

You have not explained how they offended your dignity. Again, how? By not assisting a third party to a transaction they had?

If your attitude at the TM box was anything like it is here, might explain why they refused to help you.

Another life lesson on top of Don’t buy tickets from untrustworthy sources.

53 positive feedbacks on adverts is usually trustworthy

53 positive feedbacks on adverts is usually trustworthy

I agree completely. I don't think you will ever get to the bottom of this.

If its a new scam where ticketmaster are obliging scammers with reprints from ticket numbers, then well, something needs to be done.

If you or the seller left it down and a bogey friend copied it, then what can be done?

I seriously dont know.

That to me looks like an attack. I have not had a bad day, quite a good one actually. And I am not trying to antagonise you. It is a genuine question.

You have not explained how they offended your dignity. Again, how? By not assisting a third party to a transaction they had?

Apologies for that then, I didn't mean to make you feel attacked. I am getting the usual from most posters on boards who are pointing out everything I did wrong. Enough to make anyone defensive.
    In relation to Ticketmaster, shouting down and laughing at someone is the height of unprofessionalism. You don't think that's bad form??

Apologies for that then, I didn't mean to make you feel attacked. I am getting the usual from most posters on boards who are pointing out everything I did wrong. Enough to make anyone defensive.
    In relation to Ticketmaster shouting down and laughing at someone is the height of unprofessionalism. You don't think that's bad form??

If that happened, its an issue for the management. Completely out of order.

If that happened, its an issue for the management. Completely out of order.

It is except they won't deal with me because I didn't originally buy the tickets 🀯

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Sleeper12 wrote: »

The person who bought the tickets off the promoter is entitled to the refund. The OP bought 2nd hand tickets with the laws that apply to buying anything from a private person which is basically none, even the few laws that do exist are worthless as there is no way to get money off people.

It's easy to print a duplicate of a real ticket and change the bar code, the last few gigs I've been to the staff didn't even handle the tickets they just scanned what I presented. So unless you buy your 2nd hand tickets from the Ticketmaster website you run the risk of not getting into the gig.

• Advertisement

It might be that your seller contacted TM and said one of the tickets was damaged upon arrival in the post and if the barcode and number remained the same he sold on the redundant/cancelled one and unaffected one to you. Handy few quid to pay for his weekend at forbidden fruit.

^^this happened me at EP a good few years back

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement