Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for laptops

• 04-06-2019 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

I'm going to travel a bit and was wondering where to do a laptop insurance for theft.

There are a few of them, but they only accept laptops up to € 1,600.

As I have a Macbook that is something around € 2K, I'm not finding such a company.

Any ideas?

Thanks and have a great week.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Do you have an insurance company for house/car/etc? They might be able to include this.

Do you already have a travel insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 franciscoed

Checked. They don't cover over the seas :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Unless you need it for work or something requiring horsepower, if simply recommend a cheap second laptop for travel.

We could be in the presence of a bona fide digital nomad here who would regularly need a serious machine to encode and upload 4k videos of the bean sprouts that they had for lunch in Bali to YouTube.

Buy seriously there seems to be specific insurance if you Google but it's expensive.

Probably just better off being careful.

https://www.blueinsurance.ie/gadget-insurance.asp

seem to go to €1.6k alright.

even if you think your laptop is worth €2k an insurance company would probably pay you back less due to depreciation so maybe €1,600 is enough!

• Advertisement
Advertisement