Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone to pick up and drop off motorbike?

Options
  • 04-06-2019 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi folks,

Have my leaner permit a few months now but havnt got around to buying a bike, one of the main reason being im too nervous to drive in home to Balbriggan from say the city centre etc, where the majority of bikes I like are for sale.

Would anyone be up for dropping it up to me for a few quid, was quoted 150 from East wall to Balbriggan the other day by one of the companies that do the UK runs etc. F*ck that! id take my chances rather than pay that.

There`s regular trains and buses around the corner from me here that will get you back to Connolly in 40 minutes for a fiver..

Cheers
    Dan
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Hi folks,

Have my leaner permit a few months now but havnt got around to buying a bike, one of the main reason being im too nervous to drive in home to Balbriggan from say the city centre etc, where the majority of bikes I like are for sale.

Would anyone be up for dropping it up to me for a few quid, was quoted 150 from East wall to Balbriggan the other day by one of the companies that do the UK runs etc. F*ck that! id take my chances rather than pay that.

There`s regular trains and buses around the corner from me here that will get you back to Connolly in 40 minutes for a fiver..

Cheers
    Dan

You won't be allowed bring a full sized motor bike on the train, you can bring illegal powered two wheelers on though.

There are a few bike recovery companies ring them for a price, but it's expensive to run a legitimate business so don't expect them to be cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 TheManthatsDan

Del2005 wrote: »
    You won't be allowed bring a full sized motor bike on the train, you can bring illegal powered two wheelers on though.

There are a few bike recovery companies ring them for a price, but it's expensive to run a legitimate business so don't expect them to be cheap.

Im afraid you've misunderstood, the motorbike will be driven to my house from the sellers location, however, the bike will then stay at my house as its now mine...i`ve bought it, the person whom has delivered it will then need to arrange their way back to wherever they live.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Possibly you could go view bike and leave to mull it over.
    The next day agree to buy it if the seller drops it to your house.
    That way you don't have to worry about riding it home uninsured either.

biko wrote: »
    Possibly you could go view bike and leave to mull it over.
    The next day agree to buy it if the seller drops it to your house.
    That way you don't have to worry about riding it home uninsured either.

Have tried that a couple of times, the bike is usually sold to someone who will drive away themselves, sellers don`t need the hassle it seems, even for an extra few quid

What are you offering an experienced bike rider for their time - The chance to drive a motor bike and a trip on a train?

• Advertisement

What are you offering an experienced bike rider for their time - The chance to drive a motor bike and a trip on a train?

See original post.

"a few quid" for my troubles..
    Thanks, but no

I suppose you already have checked with friends that may have motorbike licence?

Still, you can buy and say you can't get insurance and you'll pay another 50 for sellers to give you a lift home.

biko wrote: »
    "a few quid" for my troubles..
    Thanks, but no

A few quid was a general term, how much would you say is reasonable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

Call one of those "Man with van" services and it shouldn't cost too much to get it collected

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I'm actually living up that way myself and work near Connolly. Whats the bike and how much are you offering ?

• Advertisement

I'm not a moderator of this forum but you might want to take that haggling to PMs, just a suggestion.

D3V!L wrote: »
    I'm actually living up that way myself and work near Connolly. Whats the bike and how much are you offering ?

Cheers, for the reply, its a ninja 250 in East Wall, 50 quid?

See original post.

€3? :confused:

Edit.

Now you're giving proper info. Good luck.

I'll PM you ;)

Strangely the OP didn't bother replying to my PM when I asked if he could show me its his, insured and taxed before I move it for him.

D3V!L wrote: »
    Strangely the OP didn't bother replying to my PM when I asked if he could show me its his, insured and taxed before I move it for him.

"Here, hop on this quick, and if anybody in blue lights starts to follow you... floor it!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

"Here, hop on this quick, and if anybody in blue lights starts to follow you... floor it!"

Did he ask you to bring an angle grinder?

The Italian job wah, got a company from Drogheda to do it for 70 quid when I decide on a bike for definite. Wasnt gonna pay an extra 25 on top of the 50 for you to bring a mate with you like, sorry if I hurt your feelings.

The Italian job wah, got a company from Drogheda to do it for 70 quid when I decide on a bike for definite. Wasnt gonna pay an extra 25 on top of the 50 for you to bring a mate with you like, sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Make sure they show you which side up it goes ;)

Ill stick a fragile sticker on it, still have some from my IBT, cheers man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

If you've got your IBT already you should have all the necessary skills to get home alive. Why don't you save your 70 for insurance and pick it up yourself? The city centre is fine during the day traffic wise, no different to balbriggan or anywhere else.

"If you've got your IBT already you should have all the necessary skills to get home alive"

IBT is great and all, and did it on a SV650. Just dunno like its an hour journey seeing as I cant go on the motorway...have a nice empty car park just beside the house here to shake off any cobwebs. It was a fair few months ago at this stage.

Advertisement