Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Now - Orlando

Options
  • 04-06-2019 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi All, Taking a trip to Orlando in August and was hoping to use Amazon Prime Now to get some groceries & essentials delivered to the hotel. I've registered on the desk top site for an account but I can't download the app. I'm guessing it's some sort of regional setting.

Does anyone know if when I get there I will be able to down load the app? Or will the fact it's an Irish handset/sim card prevent me from doing so?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Stenth

Depends on the operating system. If you use an iPhone I believe you need to register a US credit or debit card to your apple account to be able to download US apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Easier just to go to the supermarket to be honest than messing about with your app store settings.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,157 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Prime Now offers restaurant delivery in a select number of U.S. cities, including Baltimore, Maryland; Las Vegas, Nevada; Dallas, Texas; Orlando, Florida; San Diego, California, as well as Miami, and Washington, D.C. Amazon Prime Now: Here's exactly what it can do for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

If I'm not mistaken Amazon Prime Now requires Amazon Prime membership in the same country (so US in this case), and this requires a US credit card.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,157 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

If I'm not mistaken Amazon Prime Now requires Amazon Prime membership in the same country (so US in this case), and this requires a US credit card.
    We've got an Amazon store blocks away. I will stop by and ask.

• Advertisement

Fathom wrote: »
    We've got an Amazon store blocks away. I will stop by and ask.
    Just got back from the Amazon store and the customer service representative told me that an Irish Amazon Prime Now membership should work fine in Orlando. She also give me the Amazon Customer Service toll free phone number: 888-280-4331 (but this is for the US, so you might want to call the Irish Amazon Customer Service if you have additional questions).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Fathom wrote: »
    Just got back from the Amazon store and the customer service representative told me that an Irish Amazon Prime Now membership should work fine in Orlando. She also give me the Amazon Customer Service toll free phone number: 888-280-4331 (but this is for the US, so you might want to call the Irish Amazon Customer Service if you have additional questions).

Prime Now doesn't exist in Ireland and Prime membership benefits don't transfer to other countries. I sometimes order from US Amazon for delivery to US address and even though I have Prime membership in Canada, I don't qualify for Prime benefits in US (including Prime Now). To use US Prime Now, the OP will require a US Prime membership. I agree with the above poster - probably just easier to go to a supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GiftGrub100

Moving slightly off topic, great Amazon lockers in Orlando, order gets delivered to locker of your choice, you have three days to collect, depending on location could be near hotel, but much easier to visit nearby Publix, Walmart, Whole Foods and marvel at how they can how so many versions of everything !

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SD2019

Thanks all

Advertisement