Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House painting costs around Galway

Options
  • 04-06-2019 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Looking to geeting two storey house, shed and front wall painted. Any ideas of what I'm looking at and and suggestions of companies, people local to Galway or Tuam?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Ballpark €1200-€1400 I would say. I had it done last year for in or around that, also in Galway. Obviously might vary a bit depending on the house size, its current condition, prep work required, colours you want, etc.

PM me for a name, pointless me posting it here, the mods don't allow recommendations other than by PM unfortunately...

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

Recently quoted - €1450 Galway City, 4 bed semi, including paint, labor, powerwash of house, shed, driveway etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Recently quoted - €1450 Galway City, 4 bed semi, including paint, labor, powerwash of house, shed, driveway etc.

That's over priced. The materials cost are the materials cost, but other than that it should be all in no more than 200e per man per day to include wage cost, prsi, other expenses etc. I've seen quotes like this before but it's too expensive. Tradesmen overvaluing themselves unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭CitizenFloor

myshirt wrote: »
    That's over priced. The materials cost are the materials cost, but other than that it should be all in no more than 200e per man per day to include wage cost, prsi, other expenses etc. I've seen quotes like this before but it's too expensive. Tradesmen overvaluing themselves unfortunately.

Would be interested to here what oter people are quoted in Galway city. What do you reckon is a fair price?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Would be interested to here what oter people are quoted in Galway city. What do you reckon is a fair price?

1,100 max provided they are good tradesmen.

Some tradesmen have the luxury of setting their prices based on how vulnerable or stupid a customer looks. And they also overvalue their skills. But look, if people are paying it can you blame them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 james 17

myshirt wrote: »
    1,100 max provided they are good tradesmen.

Some tradesmen have the luxury of setting their prices based on how vulnerable or stupid a customer looks. And they also overvalue their skills. But look, if people are paying it can you blame them?

Its called a quote for a reason they don't have to get them ,saying 200 euro day rate is irrelevant.

Advertisement