Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vietnam Trip

• 04-06-2019 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭

I'm looking into organising a trip to Vietnam and looking for some advice.

I'm going solo so I was thinking of booking through a tour group. The one I'm looking at is for 17 days.Vietnam - Cambodia - Thailand. Breakfast every day. Transport. Accommodation. For €1325.

Does anyone have experience of going with tour groups? Going to Vietnam solo?
    Opinions appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Went with Intrepid a few years back.

Was a great tour with great people.

Also did Thailand with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭j.s. pill II

I'm looking into organising a trip to Vietnam and looking for some advice.

I'm going solo so I was thinking of booking through a tour group. The one I'm looking at is for 17 days.Vietnam - Cambodia - Thailand. Breakfast every day. Transport. Accommodation. For €1325.

Does anyone have experience of going with tour groups? Going to Vietnam solo?
    Opinions appreciated. Thanks.

Weather in that part of the world subject to massive seasonal variations. Currently in rainy season. Very broadly, mid-november to March usually the best times to go (flights/accomodation are generally higher during these times).

If you do decide to go solo, taking in 3 countries in just over two weeks is going to be streatching it. I would strongly recommend keeping it to one or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Ya I've since scaled my plan back to 2 weeks in Vietnam and a couple of more days in Thailand.

Is the weather in late June early July likely to be very bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

It is likely to be unbearably hot. There is a reason that is the low season.

Thailand will be much hotter than Vietnam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭j.s. pill II

Ya I've since scaled my plan back to 2 weeks in Vietnam and a couple of more days in Thailand.

Is the weather in late June early July likely to be very bad?

There's quite a variation in weather between north/south/central during (our) summer months.

In short, south likely to be sticky and soggy, north will be a bit cooler (though Hanoi can be quite unbareable by all accounts) and central likely to be the most tolerable.

https://www.insider-journeys.com/blog/best-time-to-visit-vietnam

On the other side of the equator, Indonesia has its dry season during our summer months - certainly worth considering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

On the other side of the equator, Indonesia has its dry season during our summer months - certainly worth considering.

+1 on Indonesia, it is far less visited than Vietnam even though it has much better things to see and is a fair bit cheaper to travel in too. The orangutans at Sepilok, historic Buddhist temples of Borobudur and Pramban, komodo dragons, blue lights of Kaweh Ijeh volcano, coloured lakes of Kelimutu are all superb sights outside of the usual Indonesia spots of Bali, Lombok & Gili Islands.

Vietnam isn't a bad spot but I got a bit tired of the war tourism aspect after a while. Absolutely loved Indonesia in comparison and have been back twice since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Didnt do my trip solo or part of a tour.
    However the DMZ area has some amazing places both from a war sode of things(you do get tired of it after a while as someone mentioned) and some fun, relaxing places, including amazing beaches.

For me the overnight trips out Ha Noi and HaLong bay though were one of the best parts of the trip, even though I was violently sick 😂😂😂😂. Amazing scenery while on a boat, meeting new people who have become good friends and even the activities like Kayaking and trips through the caves within the pillars(forget the right name)

Advertisement