Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will an EA consider our offer?

Options
  • 04-06-2019 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭

It's a buying and selling question really.
    At what stage in my own sale process will estate agents of the property I am interested in buying accept my offer? Or consider my offer even.

No EA would take our offers until we went sale agreed with our own property. We are now in the process of going sale agreed (yay!),we accepted an offer and the buyer has a couple of days to pay the booking deposit.
    Should an EA start considering our offers now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Looly8726

It's a buying and selling question really.
    At what stage in my own sale process will estate agents of the property I am interested in buying accept my offer? Or consider my offer even.

No EA would take our offers until we went sale agreed with our own property. We are now in the process of going sale agreed (yay!),we accepted an offer and the buyer has a couple of days to pay the booking deposit.
    Should an EA start considering our offers now?

We made offers on a property while in the process of going sale agreed on our house. We needed to have our own house sale agreed before the EA would formally accept the offer and mark the new house as sale agreed. Sale agreed as in booking deposit paid and sales notes sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Looly8726 wrote: »
    We made offers on a property while in the process of going sale agreed on our house. We needed to have our own house sale agreed before the EA would formally accept the offer and mark the new house as sale agreed. Sale agreed as in booking deposit paid and sales notes sent.

Thank you!
    We are almost at that point too. The EA is being very picky and asking us a lot of details about the property we are selling, trying to figure out if our sale is likely to fall through or if we are in a further chain etc.
    It seems to be so hard to be in a chain. The EA's are just not interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Looly8726

Thank you!
    We are almost at that point too. The EA is being very picky and asking us a lot of details about the property we are selling, trying to figure out if our sale is likely to fall through or if we are in a further chain etc.
    It seems to be so hard to be in a chain. The EA's are just not interested.

I hear you! We were glad to get the sale agreed and they were first time buyers so the EA was happy to take our offer. However, it ended up falling through as the buyer couldn’t secure the finance.
    It was a nightmare altogether so we ended up getting mortgage approval for the full amount of the new house so we didn’t lose it.
    Trying to buy and sell at the same time was the most stressful experience ever for me.
    My only piece of advice would be not to get too attached to the new house before contracts are signed as nothing is a given until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Looly8726 wrote: »
    I hear you! We were glad to get the sale agreed and they were first time buyers so the EA was happy to take our offer. However, it ended up falling through as the buyer couldn’t secure the finance.
    It was a nightmare altogether so we ended up getting mortgage approval for the full amount of the new house so we didn’t lose it.
    Trying to buy and sell at the same time was the most stressful experience ever for me.
    My only piece of advice would be not to get too attached to the new house before contracts are signed as nothing is a given until then.

Sounds like a nightmare alright. Yes, I am already very stressed out. Money is tight, we are a one salary family, we would never get mortgage approval for the full amount if it came to it.
    Hahah yes! I hear you on that. I have already gotten attached to many houses and we haven't even gone sale agreed yet. In fact I still think about the very first house we saw and wish we could've bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

so you cant or is the bank that wont let you float two mortgages?
    When your house sells pay off the mortgage on the new house, easy

why does the EA care as long as the monies are available

• Advertisement
Advertisement