Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryanair baggage policy

• 04-06-2019 7:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

I haven't flown Ryanair this year, have a flight this weekend and got an email from them regarding their baggage policy.
    All passengers on your booking can bring one small personal bag on board (max 40x20x25cm) that must fit under the seat in front of them.

Please note: If they bring a wheelie bag to the gate or if their small bag is too big to fit in the bag sizer, they'll be charged a fee of €25.

We usually bring carry on's but they usually have wheels, they are small enough to fit under the seat in front and haven't had an issue before, but would this be against the policy as stated above? All bags with wheels are prohibited in the cabin now?

We have a checked bag paid for as well so should have plenty of space for our stuff, just want to bring the right bags for the cabin so as not to be stung with extra charges.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you can fit whatever is in the small wheelie into a schoolbag type rucksack that would be better really.
    The dimensions allowed are very small for a wheelie. Are you sure yours is within the allowable size?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

Not sure if exactly in allowable size but has fit in one of those baggage checkers before! Think we'll be ok either way, will just bring small rucksack type bag in the cabin and check large bag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

MooShop wrote: »
    Not sure if exactly in allowable size but has fit in one of those baggage checkers before! Think we'll be ok either way, will just bring small rucksack type bag in the cabin and check large bag

The standard carry on checkers or the new small bag checkers?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭bingbong500

MooShop wrote: »

It's a different checker altogether, less than half the size of the old carry on wheelie types

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

It's a different checker altogether, less than half the size of the old carry on wheelie types

Very much this.

As long as it fits the size guide (40cm x 20cm x 25cm) you'll be okay I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

If it's a normal hard, wheeled suitcase, it's not going to fit in the new checker. Anything more than a school backpack is going to be a squeeze.

And now that I look at the date of the OP, it would appear they've already travelled.

How'd you get on, OP?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

theteal wrote: »
    And now that I look at the date of the OP, it would appear they've already travelled.

Well spotted. I'd make you a mod but you're clearly overqualified :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

For future reference, I have a small standard Samsonite spinner and it fits those dimensions. It’s not that restrictive.

Advertisement