If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG OLED Models query

Options
  • 04-06-2019 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Sorry to jump on this thread but I've been thinking about getting a 55B8 when funds allow. Can I ask what's the difference between the S and the PLA?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

I’ve given your query a new thread, easier to manage.

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Thanks @Ritz - apologies for jumping on the other thread!

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Spongerobinson,

The difference between the S and the PLA is the PLA has a better sound output (40watts as opposed to 20 watts in the S) and also the PLA has a centralised block stand instead of the crescent stand on the S model.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Hi Spongerobinson,

The difference between the S and the PLA is the PLA has a better sound output (40watts as opposed to 20 watts in the S) and also the PLA has a centralised block stand instead of the crescent stand on the S model.

Kind regards

David
    Thanks for the response David! Unless somebody specifically wanted the crescent stand, why would you go for the S model?! It'll be a couple of months before I'm in a position to purchase anyway but just wanted to do my research on the differences, in advance. Could even be new models out by then, so I might be wasting my time!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Spongerobinson,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks for the response David! Unless somebody specifically wanted the crescent stand, why would you go for the S model?! It'll be a couple of months before I'm in a position to purchase anyway but just wanted to do my research on the differences, in advance. Could even be new models out by then, so I might be wasting my time!
    Hey Spongerobinson.

No problem at all.

Hopefully the 8 series will still be around in a few months as the New 9 series has already started to roll out.
    We have the 55C9PLA already on demo here at our store.
    Its currently priced at £2499
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204043-lg-oled55c9pla-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Give us a shout closer to the time or if you have any other questions please let us know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Hi Spongerobinson,

Kind regards

David
    If it was cheaper and you had a quality soundbar already?

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

slegs wrote: »
    Hi Spongerobinson,

Kind regards

David
    If it was cheaper and you had a quality soundbar already?
    Hi slegs,

Thanks for your post. They're both the same price.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.