Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Watch Sensor on Tattooed Skin

Options
  • 05-06-2019 4:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

So I have two arms both inked up. I the newest arm was always the arm that the watch sensor sat on, but after getting it. I noticed that the watch wouldn’t work. I would unlock it (via pin code), then it locks once I look away from the watch. Very expensive piece of equipment to just not work. Is there any work around for this? Any help would be appreciated. I find this to be an incredibly useful device, but I can’t seem to do anything about it now.

Also, it’s the AW Series 3!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT207941#heartrate

From the section “What else affects your heart rate reading”

Permanent or temporary changes to your skin, such as some tattoos, can also impact heart rate sensor performance. The ink, pattern, and saturation of some tattoos can block light from the sensor, making it difficult to get reliable readings.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Apple Devices forum

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Dylan12345

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT207941#heartrate

From the section “What else affects your heart rate reading”

Permanent or temporary changes to your skin, such as some tattoos, can also impact heart rate sensor performance. The ink, pattern, and saturation of some tattoos can block light from the sensor, making it difficult to get reliable readings.

I get that. I guess my question is. Has anybody found a DIY fix? Does simply turning off the passcode allow you to use all features aside from Apple Pay, or is it still not good?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Sometimes a good cleaning of the sensor helps, might have been dirty already and the tattoo pushed it over the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Dylan12345

TheChizler wrote: »
    Sometimes a good cleaning of the sensor helps, might have been dirty already and the tattoo pushed it over the line.

Unfortunately, that isn’t the case here. I tried that and it just didn’t work. I don’t mind not using a passcode and not having the Apple Pay, but I don’t want it to read my BPM wrong, because then it doesn’t track calories right, right?

• Advertisement
Advertisement