Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light Fixture - Bayonet to E27 Issue

Options
  • 05-06-2019 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi,

Total DIY noob here, so apologies in advance regarding the non-electrical lingo used in this thread !!

Firstly, take a look at the attached……

I have an e27 Ikea wifi light bulb fitted to this light fixture, via a bayonet adaptor.

Problem is, with the bayonet adaptor attached, the glass “cover” won’t fit.

Now I’m thinking I should replace the bayonet light fixture with an E27 type – is that correct or what would you do ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 junglejim1

VUDuo2 wrote: »
    Hi,

Total DIY noob here, so apologies in advance regarding the non-electrical lingo used in this thread !!

Firstly, take a look at the attached……

I have an e27 Ikea wifi light bulb fitted to this light fixture, via a bayonet adaptor.

Problem is, with the bayonet adaptor attached, the glass “cover” won’t fit.

Now I’m thinking I should replace the bayonet light fixture with an E27 type – is that correct or what would you do ??

2 choices either change the fitting or replace lamp with bayonet type.

Advertisement