Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 13 - Developer, public beta and official release

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

When I go to share something on iOS 13 (a tweet or a link for example) and I select the Share XXX via so that I can select the app, I now get a list of the last people I have text above the list of apps, is there anyway to remove this list of last texted numbers?

Don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Is it safe to update to 13.1.2 or is there still bugs in the OS?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Don't think so.

Thought that was the case
    Mr.S wrote: »
    It's very annoying that you can't turn that feature off.

Agreed, I really don't like it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

IOS 13.2 beta 2 out.

I never realised they kept the beta’s going or I wouldn’t have deleted the profile from my iPad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Is there anyway to remove the memoji stickers from the ios 13 keyboard?

They're driving me absolutely nuts, and i never use them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

eeloe wrote: »

You mean the bar above the keyboard? Just tap the app store icon and it will be replaced with predictive text suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

its called swiftkey on the app store :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

No i'm on about the normal keyboard, when you press the smiley face button to bring up the emoji's the memoji stickers are in there....never going to use them, and i'm sick of having to swipe the keyboard to the left to get rid of them to get to the rest of the emojis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

No i'm on about the normal keyboard, when you press the smiley face button to bring up the emoji's the memoji stickers are in there....never going to use them, and i'm sick of having to swipe the keyboard to the left to get rid of them to get to the rest of the emojis

i'm saying download swiftkey , miles better than the IOS one

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    i'm saying download swiftkey , miles better than the IOS one

Can you pinch that one small like the stock keyboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

etxp wrote: »
    Is it safe to update to 13.1.2 or is there still bugs in the OS?

Don’t do it, it’s riddled

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

iOS 13.1.3 now available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭KildareP

Not sure if iOS 13 related or not, but...

I'm finding with my iPhone 6S on Three Business (which runs on the former O2 network) that when I have 4G enabled I spend significant amounts of time showing "No Service" even in areas I know has coverage. I have to reboot the phone to get signal back and it works fine but will drop again a few hours later.

If I set Mobile Data to 3G then it works flawlessly and I only lose service in areas I know there's definitely no coverage.

I had an Eir SIM in it up until 2-3 months ago and never noticed this happening even with 4G enabled.

Maybe it's just Three?

Yep. Touch ID issue (with IPhone 8) seems sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭KildareP

iOS 13.2 PB3 out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Worth updating my iPad from IOS12?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

swingking wrote: »
    Worth updating my iPad from IOS12?

Can’t comment on iPad as mine is an iPad Air 1 and not included in iOS 13.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭NeonWolf

iOS 13 ruined my iPhone 8 .

WiFi dropping out constantly

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

NeonWolf wrote: »

No WiFi problems for me on the 8 thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yeah the wifi symbol has gone off a few times on me and I'd go the router in the hall and it's clearly working perfectly and yet my phone is acting like the power went off and it's only happened since iOS 13, but less and less which is a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Actually is this the iOS with the most updates in such a short space of time after the initial release ? I don't personally remember this many this soon and ive had an iPhone since the 3GS so iOS 4 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Have to agree, although haven’t had WiFi issues, just calls keep dropping and failing and then display issues with safari etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Andrew76 wrote: »
    No WiFi problems for me on the 8 thankfully.

Nor for me. In fact, the only place I’ve seen somebody complain about WiFi issue is here, but I haven’t been looking for reviews of the update

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭amber2

Anyone else having issues charging their phone since this update, two iPhones in the house and this morning both now won’t change as they don’t support accessories, which are both original Apple chargers and lightning cables and phone saying it needs to be unlocked to charge.

Edited:phone will charge with a Lidl lighting cable and power bank but won’t support either of the original 2 genuine chargers from mains in the house.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Only issue I can see is the mail app notifications.
    The app icon will say new mail but when I open mail there’s nothing, I have to press the unread icon at the bottom and then press it again for the new mail to appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

My battery is being ripped out of it since 13.1.2 update

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

I have an 6s and the new update has ruined Siri. She can't understand a word I'm saying now and also my blutooth in the car will not work with my iphone properly even though connected. I have the latest updated. Not cool Apple!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭amber2

phone will charge with a Lidl lighting cable and power bank but won’t support either of the original 2 genuine chargers from mains in the house.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

amber2 wrote: »
    phone will charge with a Lidl lighting cable and power bank but won’t support either of the original 2 genuine chargers from mains in the house, what is up with apple.

My wife’s X is temperamental on charges now. Genuine cable and it charges for 5 seconds then stops. Same For her iPad Air.

Advertisement