Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 13 - Developer, public beta and official release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭KildareP

13.2 PB4 out

Just as a follow up with 13.2 PB4 - I can't see any bug fixes whatsoever implemented in the last two public betas, bugs which are present in the general release iOS 13.

Starting to fast lose patience with iOS 13 at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

KildareP wrote: »
    Just as a follow up with 13.2 PB4 - I can't see any bug fixes whatsoever implemented in the last two public betas, bugs which are present in the general release iOS 13.

Yep, i still have the in car bluetooth drop outs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

are you reporting the bugs via the feedback app?

shanec1928 wrote: »
    are you reporting the bugs via the feedback app?

Yep. No updates to most of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

13.2 officially out with a homepod update too

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hopefully fixes the mail app icon bug!

Some nice touches like being able to delete an app straight from the long press menu without having to wait for the wobbly icons, however my ipad pro is about as fluid and responsive as my 5 year old Galaxy Tab S since the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Noticed a new subtle bounce animation in the multi-tasking tray when swiping an app away to close it. The other app bounces in from the left.

13.2 didn't fix my mail app bug.
    Still getting icons for new mail but when I open the mail app, I have to click the unread tab to view them. They eventually get pushed through if I ignore them though.

Then when I delete or read them, when the app closes I still have the icon indicating the number of new mail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

kceire wrote: »
    13.2 didn't fix my mail app bug.
    Still getting icons for new mail but when I open the mail app, I have to click the unread tab to view them. They eventually get pushed through if I ignore them though.

Then when I delete or read them, when the app closes I still have the icon indicating the number of new mail.

It sounds like such a small thing, but that would drive me nuts. Have you tried removing email accounts and re-adding them?

It sounds like such a small thing, but that would drive me nuts. Have you tried removing email accounts and re-adding them?

Just to add a warning on that, I wiped my own phone over the weekend and set everything up from scratch.

For the last 72 hours the built-in mail app has now decided to very gradually alert me - individually - to every single e-mail (read and unread) I've ever received across all my various e-mail accounts.

It is absolutely beyond frustrating because every time I pick up the phone it has hundreds of notifications and new e-mails are getting mixed in with notifications about old e-mails.

This morning I had enough - new OnePlus on the way and the iPhone is being sold. Android is far from bug free by any means but at least it doesn't carry a premium pricetag supposedly for the best UX and mobile OS in the market because iOS 13 is attrocious.

Just to add a warning on that, I wiped my own phone over the weekend and set everything up from scratch.

For the last 72 hours the built-in mail app has now decided to very gradually alert me - individually - to every single e-mail (read and unread) I've ever received across all my various e-mail accounts.

It is absolutely beyond frustrating because every time I pick up the phone it has hundreds of notifications and new e-mails are getting mixed in with notifications about old e-mails.

This morning I had enough - new OnePlus on the way and the iPhone is being sold. Android is far from bug free by any means but at least it doesn't carry a premium pricetag supposedly for the best UX and mobile OS in the market because iOS 13 is attrocious.

In fairness, its the only bug on my 11Pro that has effected me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

This latest IOS update for me on iPhone 8 is now extremely unstable. Particularly with Instagram and WhatsApp.

Don’t even recognize my iPhone after the latest update

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

The latest update is having some issue with ram management and not keeping apps in the background in memory. Seems intermittent, sometimes it stays for an hour or so and other times a few minutes later and the app refreshes. I had like one app open and it refreshed in less than 10 minutes.

Similar reports from some of the tech blogs, I knew something was up, thought it was just coincidence.

13.3 devolper available, public beta should be released very soon

Beta 1 available

13.2.2 is officially out

peteeeed wrote: »
    13.2.2 is officially out

More updates done and still my iPhone 8 has patchy issues

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Even with the latest update my app updates regularly get stuck downloading requiring a restart to fix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

peteeeed wrote: »
    13.3 devolper available, public beta should be released very soon

I’m using it, my Ulsterbank app doesn’t work since downloading it.

EDIT works ok now.

For some reason the flight mode plane icon is stuck on the status bar

Mail big still present.
    Do you beta testers have an avenue of reporting these bugs?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

When I knock off flight mode, I always get a Facetime prompt. Is that meant to be there? I've never used it. Don't remember this in 12.

13.3 public Beta 2 is out

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Anyone else having iCloud sync and Apple server issues in general with 13.2.2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Anyone else having iCloud sync and Apple server issues in general with 13.2.2?

I’m not having those errors but my Music library acting all funny. Some of my albums are greyed out and it tells me they aren’t available in my area even though they’ve been ripped from CDs I own.

I’m not having those errors but my Music library acting all funny. Some of my albums are greyed out and it tells me they aren’t available in my area even though they’ve been ripped from CDs I own.

They might have been matched (rather than uploaded) and subsequently removed from the Apple Music catalogue for licensing reasons (which happens all the time). If so the only solution is to delete them from iCloud and re-add them so that they can be uploaded. I have to do this every few months for about 50 or so tracks. If you create a smart playlist in iTunes for files that are "no longer available" in iCloud you can see the full list of missing files.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

They might have been matched (rather than uploaded) and subsequently removed from the Apple Music catalogue for licensing reasons (which happens all the time). If so the only solution is to delete them from iCloud and re-add them so that they can be uploaded. I have to do this every few months for about 50 or so tracks. If you create a smart playlist in iTunes for files that are "no longer available" in iCloud you can see the full list of missing files.

The thing is I don’t use iCloud or sync my library or anything like that.

• Advertisement

Anyone else's apps not updating or downloading? Big thread about it on Macrumors. Apple haven't acknowledged it yet and are encouraging people to do factory resets to no avail, but it seems to affect certain Apple IDs, possibly those that have ever used TestFlight. Apps only update/download for me for a brief period after restarting and otherwise just sit "waiting" forever. I'm having all sorts of other issues too, including iCloud sync just giving up. The other day my Apple ID password was being rejected for about a half hour until it suddenly started working again. I was going to setup as a new phone but it would pointless until Apple fix the server-side issues.

Advertisement