Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 13 - Developer, public beta and official release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Have no issues with any of that myself. I haven’t ran a beta on the iPhone in a fair few years though.

I setup my iPhone as new with the recent iOS 13 update. Have had no major issues with it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Anyone else's apps not updating or downloading? Big thread about it on Macrumors. Apple haven't acknowledged it yet and are encouraging people to do factory resets to no avail, but it seems to affect certain Apple IDs, possibly those that have ever used TestFlight. Apps only update/download for me for a brief period after restarting and otherwise just sit "waiting" forever. I'm having all sorts of other issues too, including iCloud sync just giving up. The other day my Apple ID password was being rejected for about a half hour until it suddenly started working again. I was going to setup as a new phone but it would pointless until Apple fix the server-side issues.

Yup, I'm seeing that on both my iPad Pro and my iPhone XR - A restart fixes it, but as you said, it gets stuck on updating, rendering the app useless. It's happened more often on the iPad, and only once on the phone. Perhaps, about a week between occurrences at the moment.

Running latest releases on both (not betas)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

13.2.3 is out. Hopefully this fixes some of the issues.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

App Store updates working for me again. Mail however seems more broken than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

App Store updates working for me again. Mail however seems more broken than ever.

Is the mail issue that it takes ages for the email to actually appear in the inbox after the notification pops up?

I'm having that issue.

• Advertisement

Vudgie wrote: »
    Is the mail issue that it takes ages for the email to actually appear in the inbox after the notification pops up?

I'm having that issue.

That was the previous issue for me. Now I'm having the opposite problem. The new message is in the inbox with a badge on the Mail icon but the notification is very slow or never appears.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Mail app bug still there with latest update.
    Notifications and badge app icon working but no mail when you click into the app.

You have to press the unread tab and then press again to come back out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

kceire wrote: »
    Mail app bug still there with latest update.
    Notifications and badge app icon working but no mail when you click into the app.

Or drag down a couple of times to refresh. Very annoying it is too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

How do I add an iCal account in iOS 13? I can’t find the option anywhere, and google is only showing me how to do it for older versions of iOS!

How do I add an iCal account in iOS 13? I can’t find the option anywhere, and google is only showing me how to do it for older versions of iOS!

For anybody who might be reading and having the same issue, it’s in Settings > Password & Accounts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

13.3 public beta 4 is out

Are they ever going to put the hotspot shortcut into the control centre? Can’t understand why they don’t/won’t.

13.3 officially out

peteeeed wrote: »
    13.3 officially out

Mail app bug still there with this latest update.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Mail app bug still there with this latest update.

Yeah, amazed this mail bug has not been sorted yet. You would think it would be a quick hit?!!

Yeah, amazed this mail bug has not been sorted yet. You would think it would be a quick hit?!!

Very surprised myself.
    I reported in on one of the iOS bug report websites but nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Anyone else have it where, when you swipe down and try to press play on the podcast app via the control centre, sometimes nothing seems to happen and you have to pause and press play again before audio plays? Been happening for a while now, for whatever reason.

I’m noticing wifi issues since this latest update. No changes to my home wifi network. Basically, I’ll be on Facebook say and all of a sudden it hangs. The wifi symbol is still there showing full strength. I try safari, mail and other apps and it’s like no connection. Only solution is a soft reboot!

Anyone else experiencing this?

Very surprised myself.
    I reported in on one of the iOS bug report websites but nothing.

Try emailing the man himself - tim.cook@apple.com or tcook@apple.com

I had an issue with the photos app crashing whenever I flicked through “Effect suggestions” and I emailed him about it. No response but the email wasn’t “returned to sender” and the bug was fixed in the next app update.

It’s worth a shot at this stage.

brophs wrote: »
    Anyone else have it where, when you swipe down and try to press play on the podcast app via the control centre, sometimes nothing seems to happen and you have to pause and press play again before audio plays? Been happening for a while now, for whatever reason.

The same thing is happening for me with Spotify

• Advertisement

13.3.1 beta 1 is out

13.3.1 beta 2 is out

Beta 3 is out

13.3.1 officially out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The problem with mail showing unread emails when there isn't is still happening.

13.4 beta 1 is out

How do you get the betas? I vaguely remember downloading something (profile?) to my iPad when I first got it so as I could get iPad OS but is something like this open for download for iPhones too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

How do you get the betas? I vaguely remember downloading something (profile?) to my iPad when I first got it so as I could get iPad OS but is something like this open for download for iPhones too?

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭webpal

I’m noticing wifi issues since this latest update. No changes to my home wifi network. Basically, I’ll be on Facebook say and all of a sudden it hangs. The wifi symbol is still there showing full strength. I try safari, mail and other apps and it’s like no connection. Only solution is a soft reboot!

Mine is the same, what kind of phone have you? Is it still the same?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

My wife's phone is showing the same problem. It's really noticeable because we recently got imagine 5g broadband which is super.

I found a post on Reddit which suggested turning off Bluetooth, speeds went straight up to 100mbps. Seems bizarre but worth trying.

Advertisement