Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 13 - Developer, public beta and official release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Is iPadOS out with it?

I think that’s not till the end of the month

I've been using iPadOS 13 for around six weeks and find it incredibly stable. Haven't seen a single problem with normal use, so I wonder if this is being blown out of proportion a little. Unless the iPhone edition is significantly different?

No issues for me either. Haven’t seen any changes since Beta 4 but there was nothing to fix that I could see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

You would hardly notice iOS 13

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Dark Mode is decent, just a bit of a mess at the moment because most apps don't support it yet, so you are constantly going from dark -> bright and it's really offputting.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,016 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

i can't connect to the App Store since I've updated to iOS 13.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Just installed it on my 8, and found a few apps already that aren’t working properly.

Anybody know why apps are asking for access to Bluetooth?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

Just installed it on my 8, and found a few apps already that aren’t working properly.

That is a new privacy feature to let you know that an apps requests Bluetooth etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Same here, apps are asking for access to Bluetooth. It could be to do with Bluetooth headphones/speakers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Same here, apps are asking for access to Bluetooth. It could be to do with Bluetooth headphones/speakers?

But I can’t see why they’d need to request access for that? Like why would an app need access to play sound through your headphones/speaker when it would normally just play it through the phone speaker if no Bluetooth device was connected?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,712 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/19/20867286/ios-13-bluetooth-permission-privacy-feature-apps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

First impressions on using iOS 13 on my XS Max. are good - I never use the beta. The phone feels faster. Only app I’m having issues with is Teamer. I’m waiting for the dreaded battery drain that seems to affect the previous model though.

Any thoughts on the typing without lifting your finger? I’m not getting the hang of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Even though I’ve seen it since the beata on iPadOS I still can’t get my head around the change in Safari to move the content blockers/ desktop site to the other side of the address bar. Also why they moved app updates out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

All these "fantastic" updates in the iOS and we still cant play youtube videos in the background or split the screen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Dark Mode is nice, but will be a lot nicer once more apps support it. I don't like where they moved app updates in the App Store. Biggest standout for me so far is pairing a Dualshock 4 controller, loving that.

anyone else with a series one or two apple watch find since upgrading your phone to ios13 that notifications now come in first on the phone and a delay on the watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

I'm having serious storage issues since I updated my 7 to iOS13. Previously had 9gb free, now getting low storage warnings, deleted apps to beat the band to no avail.

I'm having serious storage issues since I updated my 7 to iOS13. Previously had 9gb free, now getting low storage warnings, deleted apps to beat the band to no avail.

Have you tried deleting the pictures/videos in group messages within WhatsApp?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

etxp wrote: »
    All these "fantastic" updates in the iOS and we still cant play youtube videos in the background or split the screen :(
    That’s a YouTube thing though, Apple have no control over that. If you pay for a YouTube premium account you can play videos in the background. Not sure about multi-tasking support though.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

Have you tried deleting the pictures/videos in group messages within WhatsApp?

Yup, cleaned everything out, WhatsApp still showing as 4gb.

Anyway, it was a good excuse to go out and buy the 11 :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

DubDJ wrote: »
    That’s a YouTube thing though, Apple have no control over that. If you pay for a YouTube premium account you can play videos in the background. Not sure about multi-tasking support though.

Always found multitasking something that sounds good but is unnecessary on a phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

faceman wrote: »
    Always found multitasking something that sounds good but is unnecessary on a phone.
    I assumed he meant on iPad. Not that beneficial on iPhone I don’t think, I wouldn’t mind picture-in-picture though. That would be great on the iPhone with YouTube support.

DubDJ wrote: »

Not sure it is, I cant change app's without YouTube stop playing. On android you can split the screen so have YouTube playing at the top while surfing the web.

Not sure it is, I cant change app's without youtube stop playing. On android you can split the screen so have youtube playing at the top while surfing the web.

YouTube charges you a lot of money a month (€12.99 I think) for the ability to do that on your iPhone.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    YouTube charges you a lot of money a month (€12.99 I think) for the ability to do that on your iPhone.

iOS doesn't have the ability to have two apps open at the same time though does it?

iOS doesn't have the ability to have two apps open at the same time though does it?

For iPad only - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207582

Not sure I could see a benefit of having two apps open at once on my iPhone though.

FourFourFM wrote: »
    For iPad only - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207582

Not sure I could see a benefit of having two apps open at once on my iPhone though.

Watching Netflix or something and the ability to reply to a text? I'm a heavy texter so would love this functionality.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Used the new car play for the first time today.

The new home screen will only work with Apple Maps, which means it’s absolutely useless.

Other than that it’s ok. The layout of now playing is a bit better, and there’s a calendar.

awec wrote: »
    Used the new car play for the first time today.

The new home screen will only work with Apple Maps, which means it’s absolutely useless.

Other than that it’s ok. The layout of now playing is a bit better, and there’s a calendar.
    i like the way that it now shows album art on spotify

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The ‘For You’ algorithm in Apple Music doesn’t seem to have been improved in any way and is still way off with my recommendations and continues to recommend stuff I’ve previously disliked.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

With 13.1 out in a few days it seems a bit pointless updating to this. I assume most people (those who wait to be notified of updates rather than manually checking) will never use 13.0 and that might be for the best.

Advertisement