Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 13 - Developer, public beta and official release

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Downloaded 13.1 for my iPad yesterday evening. Using a PS4 controller to play GTA San Andreas was worth the download alone. SO much better than using touch controls!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Is handoff working for anyone on iOS 13/13.1 between devices using Safari?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭iniall

Updated my phone from 12 to 13.1 yesterday evening and now most of my emails have No Sender and No Subject. I'm hoping 13.1.1 is imminent and will fix it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

iniall wrote: »
    Updated my phone from 12 to 13.1 yesterday evening and now most of my emails have No Sender and No Subject. I'm hoping 13.1.1 is imminent and will fix it!
    It's a known issue, since iOS 13. Have a read of this https://9to5mac.com/2019/09/20/ios-13-mail-no-sender-bugs-how-to-fix-on-your-iphone/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Going from beta to release version finally notes is working again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭iniall

DubDJ wrote: »

So the 9to5 Mac article says the issue will be fixed in 13.1... :rolleyes:

Thought I was safe, waiting to 13.1. Oh well...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Minor Bug

Email icon saying new main.
    Click into mail but nothing there.
    Click the little ‘unread’ mail tab and it appears.

Delay in displaying the new mail I suppose.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I thought ios13.1 was supposed to address the locations services “ask” bug? A whole bunch of my apps, which aren’t listed on the privacy>location services menu, are stuck on “ask” when you delve into the per-app setting. This is on two separate devices, both with individual iCloud accounts too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

I’m guessing this is a bug but I seem to be getting the red number over the phone icon when I have a new voicemail, despite there being no other sign I have a voicemail waiting. There’s no icon over the voicemail symbol, for example.

Safari on IPad OS thinks I’m in the Netherlands, like if I go to something like OnePlus.com it’ll ask if I want to remain on the US site or switch to my local Dutch one. If I go through Google.com it’ll land me on the IE site. Doing it on a few others too.

Haven’t seen that happen until now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Safari on IPad OS thinks I’m in the Netherlands, like if I go to something like OnePlus.com it’ll ask if I want to remain on the US site or switch to my local Dutch one. If I go through Google.com it’ll land me on the IE site. Doing it on a few others too.

Definitely not using a VPN?

Test on another network to see if it’s the same i.e over 4G instead of WiFi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭shanec1928

isp virgin by any chance?

shanec1928 wrote: »
    isp virgin by any chance?

It is. I was actually wondering about that in the meantime as I remember in the settings for the old Horizon Box that Netherlands was one of the options for region. I logged into the hub 3 but couldn’t see any reference to it. I’d rather that than an issue with the tablet anyway, I’m used to Virgin problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,157 ✭✭✭shanec1928

It is. I was actually wondering about that in the meantime as I remember in the settings for the old Horizon Box that Netherlands was one of the options for region. I logged into the hub 3 but couldn’t see any reference to it. I’d rather that than an issue with the tablet anyway, I’m used to Virgin problems.
    More than likely one of virgins Dutch ips should sort itself out.

Yeah my bad, I thought it was a Safari issue as I had as it was ok on my phone in Chrome but only copped when the poster mentioned above that I was on 4G on the phone.

Funnily enough when I was in the parents last weekend (Eir broadband) I searched something on Google Maps and it came back with a result in Australia and I searched for Debenhams which landed me on the .com.au site. Must be a similar issue.

I do know that when setting up an Irish iOS device the Netherlands is usually pre-selected as the country when selecting that option. Perhaps you didn’t change that when setting up and that’s why it’s thinking you’re based there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

brophs wrote: »
    I’m guessing this is a bug but I seem to be getting the red number over the phone icon when I have a new voicemail, despite there being no other sign I have a voicemail waiting. There’s no icon over the voicemail symbol, for example.

I get this wth the gmail and ulster bank apps. Gmail I have to force close the app then reopen to clear. Ulster bank has a red number 1 over it that won’t clear for me

Is anyone else having an issue whereby the podcast controls on the lock screen are slightly cut off on the right hand side? I’ve tried closing the app and restarting the phone with no joy. I’ve attached a pic in case I’ve not been clear.

Is anyone else having an issue whereby the podcast controls on the lock screen are slightly cut off on the right hand side? I've tried closing the app and restarting the phone with no joy. I've attached a pic in case I've not been clear.

brophs wrote: »
    Is anyone else having an issue whereby the podcast controls on the lock screen are slightly cut off on the right hand side? I've tried closing the app and restarting the phone with no joy. I've attached a pic in case I've not been clear.
    Haven't had that issue, what phone? Have you tried restarting the phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

iOS 13.1.1 is live.

Fill yer boots Apple friends!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Health app is a lot sharper

DubDJ wrote: »
    Haven't had that issue, what phone? Have you tried restarting the phone?

XS Max. Oddly, having turned it on and off again a few times in different ways without it doing anything, it seems to have sorted itself when the battery ran out and the phone went dead. It’s back to normal now that I’ve restarted.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Location services still fcuked here.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Adverts apps not pushing notifications for me.

11 pro on 13.1.1

Also, watch seems to be stuck on pairing to the phone.
    Was wondering why I was getting no pop ups on the watch.

music app ablum artwork is all wrong thanks to ios 13 i hope they know this to fix it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

That volume bar on the left side of the screen is really annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Just upgraded to IOS13 & Watchos6

I agree about that side volume bar :(

Aany good tips for IOS13 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

pad199207 wrote: »

I like it, and think it’s a welcome change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,200 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

pad199207 wrote:

You preferred the full one in the centre??

Advertisement