Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert exam disrupted by bulldozers and rock breakers at school

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

My guess is that there may have been an oversight in the contract for the building work regarding noise. Closing even a small site for the guts of a month could easily cost €1000/day, probably more tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Waiter. Chef we'd a compliant about the meal.
    Chef. Which meal?
    Waiter. Cant tell you GDPR :rolleyes:

In your example both chef and waiter work for same company, in OP's case and in my example, they don't, maybe you need to brush up on your GDPR?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Aquals

judeboy101 wrote: »
    I'm assuming the principal asked the invigilator to point out the students who complained. Invigilator had data (complaints) and gave that data with identification to a 3rd party without consent. That's a breach.

In that case my colleagues breach GDPR every day when they pass on “data” about other people in the workplace without their consent! 😂

“Let me tell you who Mary went on a date with last week....!”

Aquals wrote: »
    In that case my colleagues breach GDPR every day when they pass on “data” about other people in the workplace without their consent! ��

“Let me tell you who Mary went on a date with last week....!”

Your colleagues have too much time on their hands and aren't worked hard enough. And HR would have a field day with them if Mary complained.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Aquals

True that!

Still, I can’t imagine a world where kids in a school would complain about something or someone but nobody could pass on the complaint because of GDPR! The world’s gone mad enough without encouraging this sort of thing!

• Advertisement

would the noise from the site be classed as data by any chance

are the students in breach of gdpr by listening to it wonder

Aquals wrote: »
    True that!

Still, I can’t imagine a world where kids in a school would complain about something or someone but nobody could pass on the complaint because of GDPR! The world’s gone mad enough without encouraging this sort of thing!

It's not the complaint, it's the identification that's the issue. The invigilator has strict rules from SEC and let's say for example a student saw another student cheating and secretly told the invigilator, the invigilator shouldn't tell the principal anything, to use an analogy, in this case the invigilator told the lad who was cheating, who it was grassed him up.

would the noise from the site be classed as data by any chance

are the students in breach of gdpr by listening to it wonder

Now that you mention it, i remember doing exam aide one year and being told by invigilator that we had to tell the caretaker to turn off the radio as the songs could be used by students to cheat , same goes for any posters, signs or symbols in any room they do it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

In your example both chef and waiter work for same company, in OP's case and in my example, they don't, maybe you need to brush up on your GDPR?

You cant tell the employment status of the individuals in my example. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Your colleagues have too much time on their hands and aren't worked hard enough. And HR would have a field day with them if Mary complained.
    And HR would tell her politely to get a life! GDPR is about business entities, not private individuals and it refers to how said entities deal with the data they retain.

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    And HR would tell her politely to get a life! GDPR is about business entities, not private individuals and it refers to how said entities deal with the data they retain.

Voluntary schools are not businesses and they are subject to GDPR, so are GAA, residents associations etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

You maybe being sarastic (dont know) but hes correct regarding the GDPR aspect.

He's not

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Voluntary schools are not businesses and they are subject to GDPR, so are GAA, residents associations etc...
    Why don't you show which article has been circumvented here instead of shouting out GDPR violation in every post? After all you seem to be the only one imagining it.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

How about starting a gdpr thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Teach30

It's not the complaint, it's the identification that's the issue. The invigilator has strict rules from SEC and let's say for example a student saw another student cheating and secretly told the invigilator, the invigilator shouldn't tell the principal anything, to use an analogy, in this case the invigilator told the lad who was cheating, who it was grassed him up.

Where are you finding these “strict rules”? I can’t seem to see them in the SEC handbook...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Enough with the GDPR side-issue, thanks; if anyone is sufficiently interested, please start a thread in the Legal Issues forum here.

Advertisement