Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard drive for PS4 console?

• 05-06-2019 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,270 ✭✭✭✭

Guys, my daughter's little fella has a PS4 and apparently the hard drive is full and he needs to add extra storage. So I'm assuming that he can use some form of external drive but is there a specific type that he needs? I think I read somewhere that there is an "external" hard drive and a "portable" hard drive but is there a difference and which type should she be looking for?

Sorry, but I'm clueless with these things and she doesn't know anything about them either and the little grandson is only 7 so he hasn't a clue either.

Thanks in advance for any pointers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,270 ✭✭✭✭muffler

sugarman wrote: »
    Any 2.5" USB 3.0 will do the job.
    That was fast, thanks. :)

So any type of external hard drive would do the trick subject to the above?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

muffler wrote: »
    Guys, my daughter's little fella has a PS4 and apparently the hard drive is full and he needs to add extra storage. So I'm assuming that he can use some form of external drive but is there a specific type that he needs? I think I read somewhere that there is an "external" hard drive and a "portable" hard drive but is there a difference and which type should she be looking for?

Sorry, but I'm clueless with these things and she doesn't know anything about them either and the little grandson is only 7 so he hasn't a clue either.

Thanks in advance for any pointers :)

Just buy the cheapest USB 3.0 drive - Id say Currys might have something on sale - I would be looking at Amazon for savings (over speed of delivery)

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

muffler wrote: »
    That was fast, thanks. :)

So any type of external hard drive would do the trick subject to the above?

Just make sure its small 2.5" as it wont need the additional power source and feeds off USB

Something along the lines

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing-accessories/data-storage/data-storage/seagate-expansion-portable-hard-drive-1-tb-black-10127630-pdt.html

Advertisement