Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Days Of Play 7th – 17th June

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

I had a ps vr the day it came out but sold it a few weeks later as nó games for it and I did not have the room for it then.

Now I have the room and it has the games.

Would I be crazy ré buying the maga pack if its only around 240 euros?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,197 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I personally think VR is the best investment I've made in a long time, but it's very subjective. It has loads of games, but you may only like a few. I'm using mine to mainly play Beat Saber, and some Creed: RtG. But I'm against games with movement in them until the 3D Rudder is out, movement is not "natural" enough yet. Plus, with the Megapack, I think you can sell 2 of the games as they're physical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

will the deals be available in stores like gamestop too or just on PSN?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Nemanrio wrote: »

It all depends on what you want from it.

Are you into single player games? If so, you have loads of great exclusives to play like God of War, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Spiderman, Uncharted, Last of Us. I think most of them are on sale right now too, so it would be a good time to pick a few up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Fifa 19 down from €69.99 to €24.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Some good deals https://www.gamestop.ie/days-of-play, really tempted to get a VR. VR Worlds bundle and blood & Truth for €199.99. Just dont want to buy it and not use it! Anyone know if there are any full blown proper games in developement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    Some good deals https://www.gamestop.ie/days-of-play, really tempted to get a VR. VR Worlds bundle and blood & Truth for €199.99. Just dont want to buy it and not use it! Anyone know if there are any full blown proper games in developement?

The only full blown vr games that I can think of are Skyrim and Borderlands 2, most VR games are short enough but have plenty of replay ability , Beat Saber is one such example. The VR Mega Pack looks to be better value as it includes
    - Astro Bot Rescue Mission
    - WipEout Omega Collection
    - Doom VR
    - VR Worlds
    - Skyrim VR

Don’t think Gamestop have that deal but maybe check the Uk stores or amazon

Actually mega pack with blood and truth is 230 on Amazon
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/PlayStation-Mega-Pack-Blood-Truth/dp/B07RWVFWZG?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_PC_d4cfec68_3&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Also most vr bundles don’t include the Move controllers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Move controllers are pricey for the PSVR... Anyone know if they're really worth it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

The only full blown vr games that I can think of are Skyrim and Borderlands 2,

Resident Evil VII also.
    Standman wrote: »
    Move controllers are pricey for the PSVR... Anyone know if they're really worth it?

There is a VR forum, they'll probably be better for VR related stuff.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1829#

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,127 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Standman wrote: »

Depends on the game. Some games don't need/use the Move controllers at all, but for games like Beat Saber and Superhot, the Move controllers are either required or make a huge difference, and they are two of the top PSVR games.

Getting errors trying to buy something on the store, but the site is running slow as fook right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition for $9.99 on US store.

Journey collectors edition for €5.99 on IE store.

Then I spotted Thief for €2.99. It's gotta be worth a try for that price?!? I want a sneak em up, but I dont care about light stories or 20 second loading times. So I think still worth a try?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Went to buy the vr headset today in smiths as they have a deal with blood and tueth for 230 for the maga pack.

None in stock haha

So ended up going with amazon

I do won't to support my local shops but when the option is to buy online nearly on everything what csn you do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Saw in Smyths that they advertise both VR sets with either Blood and Truth or Astro Bot. So no choice with the Mega Pack, unless you want a second copy of Astro Bot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭branners69

Picked up Horizon Zero Dawn Complete and Uncharted The Lost Legacy for $20, which was €16.99 using Press Start. Rather than €47!

Also picked up Assassin's Creed Origins Gold for €33, down from €99 allegedly!

Started on Horizon, what a game so far. Cant go wrong for €8.50!

I've never played an Uncharted game. If I was to get one of the $9.99 deals which would it be?

- Uncharted Nathan Drake collection

- Uncharted - The Lost Legacy

- Uncharted 4 - A Thief's End

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭branners69

mrcheez wrote: »
    I've never played an Uncharted game. If I was to get one of the $9.99 deals which would it be?

Definitely the Collection, all the games are pretty good but Uncharted 2 is still exceptional!

branners69 wrote: »
    Definitely the Collection, all the games are pretty good but Uncharted 2 is still exceptional!

Has it aged well? Online recommendations seem to suggest U4 is best of the rest, but that it's good to know story of 1-3 first. Could prob watch the story on YouTube if that's all I was missing, but low end graphics would kinda bother me.

I'd like TLOU level of graphics at a minimum for an older game if that's what the Collection has?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Has it aged well? Online recommendations seem to suggest U4 is best of the rest, but that it's good to know story of 1-3 first. Could prob watch the story on YouTube if that's all I was missing, but low end graphics would kinda bother me.

I'd like TLOU level of graphics at a minimum for an older game if that's what the Collection has?

The graphics are great on the older games especially Uncharted 3.

The plot isn't something you need to follow that closely however so there isn't a problem kicking off with U4. The newer U4: The Lost Legacy is a standalone game on its own and many consider it the best in the series

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

I'd go with the collection as well. For ten dollars you're getting 2 phenomenal games (2 & 3) and one very very good one (1). I must say I enjoyed 4 all the more experiencing the story behind the first 3 but it wouldn't be required playing or anything. Just story beats that hit a little more impactfully.

Then I spotted Thief for €2.99. It's gotta be worth a try for that price?!? I want a sneak em up, but I dont care about light stories or 20 second loading times. So I think still worth a try?

Playing Thief last night (bought for €2.99). It's actually really good fun, not sure what all the negativity is about. Love the sneak and swooping mechanics, very fluid. Load times aren't that bad (5-6 seconds) and very occasional.

I also see NBA 2K19 is down to $2.99 on US store (95% sale - reduced from $59.99). Whereas it's €19.99 on IE store.

I don't play sports games generally, but I do like watching tennis, rugby, and occasionally basketball irl... so I guess it's worth a punt for the price?

Irish screwed again. If HZD was €9.99 here I would have bought it, but it's still up at the €27 mark. Like, I paid full price on release, and the only reason I want to get it again is to play it on my Pro in 4K and the DLC. But not for €28. Such a disparity in price as noted above.

Irish screwed again. If HZD was €9.99 here I would have bought it, but it's still up at the €27 mark. Like, I paid full price on release, and the only reason I want to get it again is to play it on my Pro in 4K and the DLC. But not for €28. Such a disparity in price as noted above.

But why not get it for $9.99?

But why not get it for $9.99?

Couldn't be arsed going to the hassle of creating a second account and all that goes with it. Probably only take a few minutes, but I'm treating this as a sign that I'm not supposed to get it right now. Way too much to be playing in the meantime, and not all DLC is out yet so I can wait another while.

Couldn't be arsed going to the hassle of creating a second account and all that goes with it. Probably only take a few minutes, but I'm treating this as a sign that I'm not supposed to get it right now. Way too much to be playing in the meantime, and not all DLC is out yet so I can wait another while.

aye, anything to stop building a backlog is a good thing :)

But it is handy to have as a backup so worth doing at some point, particularly seeing as some VR discounts are usually deeper in the US than EU. Most of my PSVR games have been bought from the US store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Not all the DLC is out for Horizon? Frozen Wilds is the only expansion coming out for it as far as I know.

I've never made a US account but it's worth the hassle to get the complete edition for $10. HZD is amazing.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Not all the DLC is out for Horizon? Frozen Wilds is the only expansion coming out for it as far as I know.

I've never made a US account but it's worth the hassle to get the complete edition for $10. HZD is amazing.
    The only thing to be aware if buying a game that you previously played on your Irish account from the US store or any other region is that your game saves will not work as they are region locked

J. Marston wrote: »

Apologies, I had AC Odyssey in my mind! I played it when it first came out on my base PS4 with a HD TV (got the Plat), now I have the Pro and a 4K TV and haven't played the DLC as I've been waiting long enough so I can play it through again.

• Advertisement

Apologies, I had AC Odyssey in my mind! I played it when it first came out on my base PS4 with a HD TV (got the Plat), now I have the Pro and a 4K TV and haven't played the DLC as I've been waiting long enough so I can play it through again.

The latest dlc is great and season pass is currently reduced to €30 on Irish store

Advertisement