Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAYG card error

Options
  • 05-06-2019 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

I topped up €20 in the shop and tried to put it on my pay-as-you-go gas meter.

First of all it said €20 on the card, and then it said card error. I took the card out and give it a wipe and now it's zero on card.

So now we have zero on the card and there is nothing on the meter.

What can I do?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi Careful_now!, 

Thank you for getting in touch.

If you have the receipt for the the payment, please send Electric Ireland the receipt to Electric Ireland, PO Box 841, South City Delivery Office, Togher, Cork or email a screenshot of the receipt to service@electricireland.ie. If not we recommend ringing our colleagues in the dedicated Pay As You Go team on 1850 372 372.

Before you do this, we recommend purchasing a new gas card. You will need to take it home to activate it in your meter before putting any money on it. If this works, then the error is likely the original card. 

If the display on the meter says "Call Help" when you try topping up, this would indicate a possible meter issue. You would need to ring Gas Networks Ireland on 1850 200 694 if this is the case.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

Advertisement