Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do i need to file any taxes ?

Options
  • 05-06-2019 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭

i have debate going on ebay which is digging my head in and need a bit of clarification.

i do vinyl graphics signs - not for businesses but p2p.
    ive made maybe few hundred offline from it over 2 years course since its just a hobby at best so little to none actual profit.Thou i have business name registered with CRO.

so two questions.

since im not registered as sole trader or business trader etc, do i still need to declare anything USC or vat/taxes if not even hitting 300e a year to justify anything besides having registered business name in my possession.Actually dont even remeber did it ask was it a sole trader or business trader, i know i just put in grapics or sign making smth in that extent.

also do i need to display my address/ contact details if making any sales connected with graphics design or signs on likes of ebay - again topic was raised since theres 0 sales off of it, but someone is banging with all the legalities stuff on me which is a bit mute point when i dont have any income coming in to begin with it, as its such a sparse niche these days to be making any profit of it.

And to clarify its not some way to seek for loopholes or dodge any taxes etc, as i wish i could be making any cash out of it but not nowadays when one can get stuff made in hundreds for cents, as theres no income coming from it rather just expenses at best. That said as that topic was raised on me it got me thinking is there any vulnerabilities in even having registered business name which is basically occupying a name at best on a piece of paper.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Yes, you do need to declare all income but whether you need to pay tax on it is another matter. Rather than engage an expensive accountant why not call your local tax office and ask them. They are usually very helpful.

https://revenue.ie/en/contact-us/Index.aspx

Advertisement