Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local paediatrician?

• 06-06-2019 8:04am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Is there such a thing as local /community paediatricians in Ireland? We're live in Belgium and they do here.

Were home visiting this summer. My son had a medical condition that means it's very possible he would need to see a pediatrician. Surely, we wouldn't have to go to a hospital to see one? But if so, is it possible to get an appointment eg the next day?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

No unfortunately not. its a real gap in paediatric care in Ireland.
    something the hse should sort. waiting times in paediatric clinics cam be days to months depending on the level or urgency. of note VHI provides rapid access paediatric care as do many private clinics.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Thanks a lot, I'll look up those private clinics.

I can pay for it but that may not be the case for others
    A shame.

Advertisement