Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AP1 Post - Pay & Timetable reduction

Options
  • 06-06-2019 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

After searching thought several circulars and the DES website - I still have no joy accessing this information!!

https://www.education.ie/en/Circulars-and-Forms/Active-Circulars/cl0070_2018.pdf - am I blind!?!?!?

I'd like to go for a new (privately paid) but equivalent to an AP1 post in my school.

Can anyone please tell me the extra salary allowance and reduction in timetable? (If any!)

Thank so much,

Highly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭doc_17

That information is easily available on the union website. www.tui.ie or www.asti.ie

The reduction in hours (4) is only applicable to ETB schools, not sure about C&C.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

doc_17 wrote: »
    That information is easily available on the union website. www.tui.ie or www.asti.ie

The reduction in hours (4) is only applicable to ETB schools, not sure about C&C.

It applies to C&C also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

If its privately paid then the pay and conditions are anyone's guess. Yould just have to ask before during or after the interview.
    Voluntary schools don't always knock off classes for AP. Voluntary fee charging sometimes do.
    ETB always do (I think).

Ap1 is about 8k a year .

sitstill wrote: »
    It applies to C&C also.

What's c&c ?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

What's c&c ?

Community and comprehensive schools

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Community and comprehensive schools

Ah I see. I thought they were brought in under ETB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Ah I see. I thought they were brought in under ETB.

C&C schools have their own board of management. The ETB would have reps on it along with trustees from religious orders where an amalgamation took place. Staff are employees of the board and paid by the department just the same as the voluntary sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

If the AP1 is privately paid then the school are setting the terms and conditions, no one here could say what those conditions are.

Advertisement