Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic insurance?

Options
  • 06-06-2019 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

Currently I have a company car. I'd love to get a classic to drive at the weekends. What would be my options for insurance, can I get a classic policy, even though I don't have a standard policy?

I am a named driver on my wife's insurance, would she be able to get a classic policy and we both then could drive the classic?

Just wondering what the options are, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭w124man

A company car is classified as a daily driver with AXA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

My classic is reg'd/insured to me with my wife named on the policy, but my daily is registered/insured to my wife, with me named (local authority parking permit rules say each resident can only have one car with a permit, so we had to share the registrations).

This means that, technically I only own a classic, but there is no issue with my classic insurer, because I have access to a daily.

Worst case for you would be having to get a letter from your employer stating that you have the use a co. car as part of your job.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭KB22

hurikane wrote: »
    Currently I have a company car. I'd love to get a classic to drive at the weekends. What would be my options for insurance, can I get a classic policy, even though I don't have a standard policy?

I am a named driver on my wife's insurance, would she be able to get a classic policy and we both then could drive the classic?

Just wondering what the options are, thanks in advance.

Your wife can get a classic policv with Campion's, it will cover you on the open drive section. I.E. full Irish license aged 25 to 71.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭hurikane

Sounds like it'll work. Thanks for the replies

Advertisement