Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WPS PIN for Canon Printer (MG2950).

Options
  • 06-06-2019 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

I've had printer trouble, to cut a long story short, I'm trying to reconnect my printer to my WiFi router. The latter is able to detect the printer without any issues, but is looking for a WPS PIN. The message reads:
    "Enter the WPS PIN for your multi function printer"
    "You can find the WPS PIN on your MG2900 series _D7A2D000000 or in the info that came with it".

Well, I don't have the "info that came with it", without scouring the house.
    As for it being "on your MG2900" there are numerous numbers on it but none specifically labelled as WPS and/or PIN.
    What does the WPS PIN look like, ie, is it four digits or 16? Is it alpha-numeric?

Can I generate one from my router?

Or should I just get a new printer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its WPS Push Button capable. You've gone down the wrong route.

Press the WPS button on your router to put it into pairing mode (depends on router) then press the button on your printer for 2s. Then wait for 2 mins. They'll negotiate and connect. Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Gautama

Wow! Seriously though... Wow!

I hate this printer and I was definitely about to f it in the bin and get a less head wrecker.
    The only thing putting me off was that I've recently bought new ink cartridges.

Wow! Simple as that. "Done", as you said yourself.

Not sure which stuns me more; that it was THAT easy or that I'd got myself into such a roundabout of knots.

Advertisement