Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Wilton internal junction

Options
  • 06-06-2019 10:06pm

Seen a curious shouting match this evening. The junction by the parent spot where you have an exit from the parent spots, coming from Tesco shop entrance and the other part from the lower spaces before you turn onto the lanes for exiting the centre. Looked after and there is continuous lines from each side, the one from the Tesco entrance side was added a year or 2 back.

Well anyway, a car from the lower side stops at the line and a car from the Tesco entrance was going through. Traffic stopped then move again. However a white car gets to the line from the Tesco entrance side, but the car already waiting from the lower spaces went as the gap opened but the white car also went and start blowing the horn. Guy coming from the lower spaces stopped and put down his window and started saying you have a white line too, your one was shouting back saying you have a white line.

Now not sure who is right but thinking the white car was wrong as she came pulled up the line last,

What's yer thoughts if ye can follow what I am saying

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

The lines on the Tesco side are no entry, whereas the lower one (you mean the southern side?) is a stop line, so Tesco side has right of way.

TheChizler wrote: »
    The lines on the Tesco side are no entry, whereas the lower one (you mean the southern side?) is a stop line, so Tesco side has right of way.

That explains that lol

Think yer man was probably annoyed the other driver wouldnt leave him out despite stalled traffic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Always a smash out there seen it many times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

mean gene wrote: »
    Always a smash out there seen it many times
    Always a confusing junction. I presume I don't have right of way whatever way I'm approaching it and it usually works out.

Was driving out of there this evening taking extra note of the lines. Every no entry in that area is also a stop junction for the cars approaching the lines. The one I was questioning has the lines coming from Tesco before the other 2 sides enter before the main exit to the outgoing lanes.

I think it's an extremely confusing junction and I would think that those lines mean oncoming traffic must stop also. Tesco should clearly label and advise on that junction

• Advertisement

Has it changed recently? Just for clarity do you mean this junction? https://maps.app.goo.gl/2u8atzSw3As2Dabg7

TheChizler wrote: »
    Has it changed recently? Just for clarity do you mean this junction? https://maps.app.goo.gl/2u8atzSw3As2Dabg7

That's the one

That's the one

And where have they now put the stop lines?

Advertisement