Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

007 Mafia: GoldenWolf - GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Baggly wrote: »
    Nah it's OK my ex only drinks sour milk so it scans.

I really do like day 0 when we're all being nice to each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Choc Chip wrote: »
    I really do like day 0 when we're all being nice to each other.

It does give a nice warm feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Don't post when drunk. Don't post when drunk

So I think the roles are put in deliberately to cause confusion and paranoia. The motion detector will make you feel like cause there was motion someone must be evil.
    So we'll need to remind ourselves of that all the time.

I wonder can it be helpful and detect munches....I doubt it though

Theories:
    Role slip slides : no evidence
    Roles not assigned yet: no evidence
    Goons have additional powers: no evidence

It's this correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Clarabel wrote: »
    It's this correct?

Or is it just fantasy

• Advertisement

Uriel. wrote: »
    Or is it just fantasy

caught in a landslide....

Yep, that's my reading of it clarabel.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

No escape from reality....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

The only benefit of the motion detector I can see is if they were to get no motion detected then surely that clears that villager? I’m assuming here that if the player were a wolf motion would be detected from the munch? But motion being detected wouldn’t necessarily mean the player was a wolf so not really helpful in that instance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

giphy.gif

Seems very confusing for a roled villager to be honest. Most of the powers seem related to spotting / stopping night actions but you could as easily spot someone else trying to track / block an action. Is Munch a night action? isn't posted till morning but then again iirc the whole thread is closed at game night time outside of N0 and my Goons may have more powers thing is kind of based on a 50% possibiity that they might be all goons with no power outside of munching (well none listed in the OP hence the theory).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

There's an 80% chance that we don't have a motion detector so there is very little point in worrying about it as a role.

Focus on finding the wolves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

We’ll find them, we’ll win

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Hey all. Hope you're well. Villagers that is. Wolves can go and die.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Whiplashy wrote: »
    The only benefit of the motion detector I can see is if they were to get no motion detected then surely that clears that villager? I’m assuming here that if the player were a wolf motion would be detected from the munch? But motion being detected wouldn’t necessarily mean the player was a wolf so not really helpful in that instance.

Only the noog requesting the kill will show motion, so non moving wolves will happen a lot with a full den. If in column a, 1 will show motion, 3 will not. In column b, rolecop noog will also be doing munches.

Conclusion: your method of clearing people is flawed and dangerous and not a real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

sKeith wrote: »
    Only the noog requesting the kill will show motion, so non moving wolves will happen a lot with a full den. If in column a, 1 will show motion, 3 will not. In column b, rolecop noog will also be doing munches.

Conclusion: your method of clearing people is flawed and dangerous and not a real thing.

Ah I thought all of them would show because of the munch. Thanks for clearing that up :) So in conclusion, if we have a motion detector they are utterly useless so we’re better off if we don’t. Hopefully we have a couple decent roles.

Ah I thought all of them would show because of the munch. Thanks for clearing that up :) So in conclusion, if we have a motion detector they are utterly useless so we’re better off if we don’t. Hopefully we have a couple decent roles.

Motion detector if they detect motion needs to keep detecting same person, see if the can figure out the story to the motion. They can counter claim a noog trying to false claim motion detector, so not completely useless.

Tracker will try to track a noog, if the get a track to a munches, they can be almost sure they tracked a wolf, but they could have tracked a rber or a voyuer, best come out and see if person tracked gives a good reason. A noog trying a false claim is easily caught out here.

Whoever the jailer chooses will be around the next day. If the jailer jails the munch requester,then there is no munch. That's pretty much a caught noog there.

Ditto roleblocker.

You have already figured out how doc fails. Doesn't matter how unlikely something is, it needs to be included in the rules so we know what happens in those circumstances.

Munch is a night action, requested by one member of the den. They can be rbed, tracked, jailed, rb or jail will stop munch, tracking them to munches is strong evidence.

A world with a tracker and a doctor don't exist, so won't expand on that.
    A world with tracker and jailer does, so I'll expand on that.
    If the munch is stopped, and you tracked someone somewhere, later if the jailer says they jailed the person you tracked someone to and that person was not the jailer, then you have a noog.

The goons do not have powers outside what is in the op. Op is clear what the game entails.
    Why are you trying to confuse what is plain and simple?

The even night vig, there's a higher chance that will be a role.

So while it's obvious when we have 2 kills, that's why. It's not so obvious what v the other roles are then cause they are listed so often.

Is n0 even?
    Does the vig have to use the gun, what if it's not ckear.? This will drastically reduce our mislynch ability. But also increases our ability to quickly kills noogs if we are sure

Question not at you whip, was think of bounty hunter and his more than in the op stuff when I wrote that question?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I don't know about that. As SK says the not each wolf will put in a munch order so no motion doens't necessarily mean villager. The motion detector may be of use in corroborating or debunking claims however. Say they followed XXX on night one and were told no motion and then later in the game someone claims the roleblocker and says they blocked XXX on night one then the motion detector can say that no action was performed on XXX that night so they must be lying.

Whoever the jailer chooses will be around the next day. If the jailer jails the munch requester,then there is no munch. That's pretty much a caught noog there.

How do you know it's a requestor though rather than the villager to be v eaten that v you are tracking?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

How do you know it's a requestor though rather than the villager to be v eaten that v you are tracking?

That's a fair point actually. But would we still know who it was...

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement

What was your purpose of jailing person? Were they suspicious, or were they a village asset and likely munch?
    Depends why the jailor chose their target.

Yes, it could be that the noogs tried to munch the most suspicious person, but that's less likely, they usually leave those people to be lynched by village.

Right, I'm caught up and have read over everything posted yesterday. There's far more here than I would have thought for day 0.

Thanks sk and barney - I've just highlighted those messages on the mechanics, they're really useful.

I'm going to grab some lunch and some fresh air now. Later dudes. :)

giphy.gif

Baggly wrote: »
    So what are the expectations that I would be doing more based on? Meta? Thought that was against the rules.

I'm an NRV who is busy on n0. Read lists at this stage are not only counter productive but misleading, as they seem to be based on very little except the absence of substance.

You howling mate.

Only a wolf claims NRV here and you've done it more than once.

reads lists are counter productive?

You wont even participate in the game and you call what others are doing counter productive.

the game is 48 hours old and nearly 400 posts and you say absence of substance.

I'd be happy to see you lynched first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Hi all, I’m alive. Had a well needed lie in and feeling fresh and ready to go :)

Read over everything again, someone said not to do reads lists just yet but that was my plan for today :o I know it’s Day0 but surely it’s good to have base thoughts we can work off of later no?

TheSkunk wrote: »
    Hi all, I’m alive. Had a well needed lie in and feeling fresh and ready to go :)

Read over everything again, someone said not to do reads lists just yet but that was my plan for today :o I know it’s Day0 but surely it’s good to have base thoughts we can work off of later no?

You should always do them if you can. I feel like I don't have enough for them to be useful TO ME right now but getting a sense of people and seeing if that changes based on activity over the next few days is always a good idea.

I actually thought everyone claims NRV but i'd prefer to not claim anything especially on day 0 when not being pushed as if people believe you it just limits whom RVs can hide among.
    Question not at you whip, was think of bounty hunter and his more than in the op stuff when I wrote that question?

Was mostly due to there being so many night action spotting / catching / nullifying etc roles for the village but potentially (50/50) only 1 wolf to do actions in the form of the person who puts in the kill order.

Was it ever stated how vanilla-ey a game this would be? I know that the last long one had no roles so to be honest this one might be pretty Vanilla and my concerns might be nothing to worry about.

TheSkunk wrote: »

Could have been me emphasizing how it is Day 0 and how I won't be clearing anyone this early nor have super strong leanings on anyone this early most likely as I can't blame people for not being around Day0 even if it is a few days long but the more info put out on thread the better for later analysis so if you want to do reads lists i'd say fire ahead.

Often those contributing bring focus upon themselves but in the long term it's better.

I think you're right on that BH. I think it's mostly vanilla with a dash of flavour in the form of some basic roles.

I'm also super wary of people spending time trying to work out what the village have/ don't have and how to use that. Mechanics talk gives wolves a nice hiding space where they can appear to contribute.

I actually thought everyone claims NRV but i'd prefer to not claim anything especially on day 0 when not being pushed as if people believe you it just limits whom RVs can hide among.

Was mostly due to there being so many night action spotting / catching / nullifying etc roles for the village but potentially (50/50) only 1 wolf to do actions in the form of the person who puts in the kill order.

Was it ever stated how vanilla-ey a game this would be? I know that the last long one had no roles so to be honest this one might be pretty Vanilla and my concerns might be nothing to worry about.

Maybe you missed this from op

A complex matrix has been designed where the townsfolk nor the villains can be certain of the powers that either have. See below for the details:

2x5%20Mafia%20set%20up.PNG

Method for randing:
    First you randomly select a number to decide the mafia team's composition of Power Roles (1-2), then you randomly select a letter to decide the town's composition of Power Roles (A-E). Fill in the number of Vanilla Townies needed to make the town team have 13 members total, and you have your setup. EG. if you randed 2 and B, then you'd get the following setup:

Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon, Mafia Goon, Mafia Role Cop
    vs.
    Town Even Night Vigilante, Town Jailkeeper, Town Voyeur, 10 Vanilla Townies

Seems to be laid out very clearly what to expect.

• Advertisement

What was your purpose of jailing person? Were they suspicious, or were they a village asset and likely munch?
    Depends why the jailor chose their target.

Yes, it could be that the noogs tried to munch the most suspicious person, but that's less likely, they usually leave those people to be lynched by village.

I guess I'm coming from watching villagers making horrendous mistakes because they thought someone was a wolf.

Advertisement