Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

007 Mafia: GoldenWolf - GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Any strong reads yourself BH?

I'm going back and rereading, making some notes. I was obviously off with Vale but what struck me is that a few of the reads following mine were broadly similar. Now I wasn't even close to being first to post a reads list but I am the only one I know is Team Village for sure. I also had clear reasons for mine. Not sure everyone can say the same.

I always feel like today is crunch day but there is still another day to go before any lynching thankfully with the slower pace. Both the ISOs I did didn't give me great village leans for Fixxxer or Trit, same can be said for Sully but in some of those cases some more on thread interaction could change things.

Maybe I am almost anti tunneling sk at this stage due to past interactions but I see him as NRV and those who went in strong on him are a little sus imo as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

Apologies folks, something RL has prevented me being active and I’ll be limited for tonight. Here’s my clarabel iso up to where she requested it
    Clarabel wrote: »
    Er what? So the matrix thing. That's the possible roles? So there are roles but we've no idea what?

Once we establish one role we eliminate a number of groups.

I think I understand necromania now. You're cray
    I'm terrified of going over my post count. Just spotted that it's only in place from Monday.

Guess where Wally is?
    It's okay you're a wolf. We kill them first ;)
    Question for mods please. Will we be allowed to discuss the votes thread and quote/copy from it?

I assume yes, I can see me making votes to get reactions. Feel a vote will get a much stronger reaction than a FFA. I love the vote a wolf panic!
    Oooh good semantics!

I'm not a wolf. GLARES

Not the worst or best intro. A bit of mechanics but generally I don’t mind that if it’s figuring it out in early days and has a reasonable conclusion
    Someone? Someone in a backroom? Who is someone?
    Which BR is that then?

Liking this as early posts. Rattling cages is good early on.
    Is it just wolves or everyone who needs to shoot poor Baggly
    Ah no. I dunno if I like that. I'm not great at following instructions.
    I have a gun.
    I don't have a mafia gun.
    It can only be used to shoot Baggly and I'm not gonna

Ok, getting in on the jokes, that’s fine says nothing really

TheSkunk LadySkunk
    Clarabel answers to anything but lady
    Barney92 male
    sullivlo lady
    kitten_k cat
    Ectoplasm Male
    Choc Chip not a dude, lady
    tritium male
    fixxxer male
    Dublinandy2 male story teller
    Bounty Hunter male
    TheValeyard murderous male
    Whiplashy male?
    Aint Eazy Being Cheezy ?
    Baggly male victim
    Uriel. ?
    sKeith male

I think it was TB who asked to clarify pronouns before. I liked it. Can anyone fill in the gaps?

Fluff
    In what way and why is that?
    TheSkunk nice
    Clarabel lovely
    Barney92 nice
    sullivlo who
    kitten_k who
    Ectoplasm lady Ecto can't be a wolf.
    Choc Chip. Nice
    tritium who
    fixxxer no read
    Dublinandy2 nice
    Bounty Hunter eternally nRV,, don't break my heart
    TheValeyard murderous xxxx
    Whiplashy nice
    Aint Eazy Being Cheezy needs more cheese, way more
    Baggly need more
    Uriel. This one is confusing. I want to meta game and go read old ganes
    sKeith not a wolf
    QB wolf.
    Strawberrybaby wolf

Gun to my head.....I've no reads. Probably one of the "who" people

This is horrible. A reads list that admits it says nothing. It may as well be random words to look busy

Don't post when drunk. Don't post when drunk

So I think the roles are put in deliberately to cause confusion and paranoia. The motion detector will make you feel like cause there was motion someone must be evil.
    So we'll need to remind ourselves of that all the time.

I wonder can it be helpful and detect munches....I doubt it though
    Theories:
    Role slip slides : no evidence
    Roles not assigned yet: no evidence
    Goons have additional powers: no evidence

It's this correct?
    The even night vig, there's a higher chance that will be a role.

So while it's obvious when we have 2 kills, that's why. It's not so obvious what v the other roles are then cause they are listed so often.

Is n0 even?
    Does the vig have to use the gun, what if it's not ckear.? This will drastically reduce our mislynch ability. But also increases our ability to quickly kills noogs if we are sure
    Whoever the jailer chooses will be around the next day. If the jailer jails the munch requester,then there is no munch. That's pretty much a caught noog there.

How do you know it's a requestor though rather than the villager to be v eaten that v you are tracking?
    These are all pretty horrible. Mechanics with no progression. It just fills space doesn’t help in any way
    I guess I'm coming from watching villagers making horrendous mistakes because they thought someone was a wolf.

And this is bad too. Village doesn’t mind making mistakes, it wants to progress. Wolves want inertia
    And? Who do you think might be a wolf
    Are you protecting your genie?
    What should be be talking about instead?

Lots of one line fluffy bits that look engaging
    I'm with you on Baggly.

Why the others and why me?

I like process and logic. Mechanisms is my dream. If I wasn't so hungover of be doing a matrix of combinations of how we can use each role to help the village.

I really think that once we start and tunnelling and accusations start we'll forget exactly how the roles work. I've seen it in other games.

I don't understand why you think it's goony.
    Also SK and BH are the same if not more, why aren't they on your list for that reason?

So kind of explains the mechanics stuff but it doesn’t read like a particularly pro village post. Ate village this cynical at this early stage?
    Of course but if we both villagers then it's in our interest to discuss and figure each other out better. We can't afford mislynch, I don't want to be on your list cause it'll hurt the village. When I'm reading village off someone I want to work through things.

I'm still learning the game. I've been killed off d0 except for one game.

Could go either way based on previous posts tbh
    I'm kinda hoping I'm gonna get lynched so I too will get a picture ����
    Let’s call it a joke cause if serious it’s inconsistent with previous

So that’s the iso. Still think the tone is pretty bad. I’d be putting clara in the mostly furry column for now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Good to see that ISO anyway but it's 1.30am here so i'll see you village people tomorrow. but..
    giphy.gif

Choc Chip wrote: »
    Epic! Our interaction was trit accusing me of being a wolf, me asking why, me defending trit's accusations against me, and then me being ignored by trit until I pointed our their complete lack of work and weak accusation against clarabel.

Defensive much trit? ;)

Also, where is that Clarabel ISO that you said you had done, and then later said that you would do? Schrodingers ISO?

Not really, you’re a placeholder.

I’ve had to deal with something else today so I’ll get back to you in due course. Meanwhile you’ll note the box has been opened on Schrodingers iso :)

So Trit just voted Choc Chip... that;s a bit different than he had been saying (SK) but they did interact iirc

So was my d0 good. His intro was iffy cause he was trying to play like on MU with a role that doesn’t exist in this game so I called him on it

Clara and choc are the two I’d tagged as ropey today

• Advertisement

tritium wrote: »
    So was my d0 good. His intro was iffy cause he was trying to play like on MU with a role that doesn’t exist in this game so I called him on it

Clara and choc are the two I’d tagged as ropey today

Decking autocorrect

Sk was my d0 goof etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

I'm cautious of Dandy
    I'm nailing my flag to a post. It may well be tunneling and going after someone after you. BUT the Trit and Fixxxer posts aren't sitting well with me. I can't see anything in those posts that give me anything to defend cause there's nothing in them that says wolf.

Ecto gave a good reason for reading me, I disagree but it feels village.

This interaction feels wolf to me.

My mum agrees with you

Good to see that ISO anyway but it's 1.30am here so i'll see you village people tomorrow. but..
    giphy.gif

Hang on bounty

If you have sex when you’re all alone isn’t that really just whacking off?

I know, I’m lowering the tone of things.....

P10

So my decision to move away from you slightly makes you question me for my bad decisions? Hmmmmm

I had baggly, Bh, ecto, sk and Skunk as my most likely to be good.

I have sully, cheese, clarabel and drumpot as my most likely wolves with fixxxer chasing them hRd to be noticed.

The rest I have no preference for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

just past post #350 with the interactions. I want to also find a cool way to display this data.

In a perfect world, where i was able to make a visual of the data, the exact way i have it in my head, then it would go like this.

player A chatting to thread or to themselves, makes a circle around them grow bigger.

chatting to player b draws a line from player a to b and the line gets fatter the more that line is used.

chat later, getting on the road,

• Advertisement

P10

So my decision to move away from you slightly makes you question me for my bad decisions? Hmmmmm

I had baggly, Bh, ecto, sk and Skunk as my most likely to be good.

I have sully, cheese, clarabel and drumpot as my most likely wolves with fixxxer chasing them hRd to be noticed.

The rest I have no preference for.

How is bagly most likely good and drumpot most likely a wolf?

Are you making this up as you go alone.

sKeith wrote: »
    just past post #350 with the interactions. I want to also find a cool way to display this data.

In a perfect world, where i was able to make a visual of the data, the exact way i have it in my head, then it would go like this.

player A chatting to thread or to themselves, makes a circle around them grow bigger.

chatting to player b draws a line from player a to b and the line gets fatter the more that line is used.

chat later, getting on the road,

What I started in the last game, spent 6 hours overnight doing and gave up was an excel. Few columns.

Message in 1st one, who sent in second, who it was directed to in third and a topic category in the 5th. The idea was then to share with all and have one thing everyone could update regardless who gets killed.

Like I said I started too late, needs to be done from day 1 I think

This is a pretty good question

Dandy, time to talk to us

Lol,I know I frustrate you but no. Drum pots style that I know is not his style so far. Baggly s was.

There is logic behind my madness, honestly.

Has drumpot actually posted yet?

Has drumpot actually posted yet?

Yes and exactly. Minimal posting. We’ll see tomorrow. I do believe pre game he said he was busy until then.

My lists are always dynamic and changing, especially at the beginning

I always ask myself two questions if I suspect someone. They are why and why not, whichever one makes sense at that moment is how I decide.

Yes and exactly. Minimal posting. We’ll see tomorrow. I do believe pre game he said he was busy until then.

Mate you’re taking the piss there. Drummer a wolf based on zero posts in the 3.5 hours he’s been in the game?

Mate you’re taking the piss there. Drummer a wolf based on zero posts in the 3.5 hours he’s been in the game?

Oh and his previous form of baggly was looking good you think

Wouldn’t he have had to agree to take over? Wouldn’t he spend the minimal time he has reading a back room first.

I don’t ask you to agree with me. I only post my opinions so I can’t be accused of not doing.

I wouldn’t otherwise. I have now, to avoid arguments and aggressive responses There is no point to again until closer to the Lynch period

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Ah lads stop. I'm properly laughing here. Dandy, you are forever village to me but your read of Drummer is hilarious.

I've had an event this afternoon. I'm entirely not sober. I'm going to drop a couple of thoughts with the knowledge that I've a pile of real-life work here to do this evening and I'll hopefully get caught up tomorrow evening.

Choc Chip wrote: »
    Ah lads stop. I'm properly laughing here. Dandy, you are forever village to me but your read of Drummer is hilarious.

I've had an event this afternoon. I'm entirely not sober. I'm going to drop a couple of thoughts with the knowledge that I've a pile of real-life work here to do this evening and I'll hopefully get caught up tomorrow evening.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Id voted for you and then moved it back off on the basis that I can’t see any universe ever where a wolf comes up with what you have there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

giphy.gif

that dog is exactly how my brain feels putting this post together.... and i've a presentation to do for tomorrow too...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

At a concert with OH tonight so can't post much more. Vote in for sultan of swing.

Jim will fix it a distant second, but not terribly much to go on Ó either account tbh.

Vales death probably a set up or a double B on bagman.

Will be watching me ould pal the little drummer boy closely as a result

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Do people realise there is no lynch tonight so votes don’t need to be until tomorrow?

kitten_k wrote: »
    Do people realise there is no lynch tonight so votes don’t need to be until tomorrow?

Don't need to be what until tomorrow?

When you say yes above do you mean he has posted? Coz he hasn’t.

The role didn’t change when he took over from Baggly so how can you suddenly change from thinking Baggly was village and Drumpot is not? Especially as you seem to know he isn’t really available until tomorrow?

Don't need to be what until tomorrow?

I know but I get the impression that some people think they need to have it in today

• Advertisement

kitten_k wrote: »
    I know but I get the impression that some people think they need to have it in today

Get what in, if people are able to post, they should post whenever they like, they have up to 50 posts up until 7pm tpmorrow, so posting today isn't an issue as long as people pace themselves and know that 50 has to last 2 days.

Advertisement