Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

007 Mafia: GoldenWolf - GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Morning all. Just grabbing my coffee before I get going. Hopefully some more chat today. I know we have open voting and all that but how do people feel about doing full reads lists? I think it has been very quiet overall and reads lists might get people talking more. The post count limit lifts today at 7 and I would say most people are well within it as it stands anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I mean i think one or two others are more suspect

Should you not vote for one of them so? That’s my concern with this open voting. It’s far too easy to start a bandwagon.

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Should you not vote for one of them so? That’s my concern with this open voting. It’s far too easy to start a bandwagon.

Yeah a single wagon is a bad thing for us. 2/3 competing wagons however can give us some good information as the game goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Whiplashy wrote: »

No because looking at it tge vote wouldn't have an impact so i have to then assess where i can impact

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

No because looking at it tge vote wouldn't have an impact so i have to then assess where i can impact

But if you think someone is more wolfie, make a case for it on thread. You may sway some of us. I think Sully is a wolf but my track record is abismal so certainly willing to change my vote.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Dandy, vote who you think is wolfy.

Right now voted on me are a placeholder, a nrwbie who hasnt posted elsewhere and sully trying to vote anywhere but himself.

You can always change ur vote nearer to vote time to have impact, but for now i think we get more info from who people actually think are wolves.

Will try and be on thia evening.

Who are they? Today is the day to rattle some cages.

Ok but i will change it if i think it eill stop a village getting voted out

I have to work today, will be back this evening. My placeholder is in the lynch vote

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Vote for who you think is wolfiest. Hedging your options like that could be seen as wolfy, trying to give yourself space to backtrack.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

fixxxer wrote: »
    Vote for who you think is wolfiest. Hedging your options like that could be seen as wolfy, trying to give yourself space to backtrack.

I guess that was you ha.

I hope just beecause the voting is being done in another thread does not mean there is no explanation for votes though.

I amost always put in an FFA, with it give reasons and then vote from it. Not saying everyone has to do that but I am more suspicious if it's just names put forward without a reason

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

My read on drum is that he's not in a backroom with other people. So not a wolf.

Choc Chip and Ecto feel village for me.

I've voted for trit based on my post yesterday, I'd be happy to change to Fixxxer.

I'm now suspect of ain't easy being cheesy. However if he had a back room I think he'd probably be getting a bit of help. That one strategy post and then nothing seems odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I agree that people should vote for who they think is most wolfy as it will give us more information to work with later in the game.

As an aside - Sulli is a she not a he.

Uriel. wrote: »
    Why don't you ask him if he's going to stay?
    Why don't you ask him if he's going away?
    Why don't you tell me what's going on?
    Why don't you tell me who's on the phone?
    Why don't you ask him what's going on?
    Why don't you ask him who's the latest on his throne?
    Don't say that you love me
    Just tell me that you want me
    Tusk
    Just say that you want me
    Just tell me that you
    Tusk
    Tusk
    Tusk

1st post, a song to Tusk?
    Google says Yes "Tusk" by fleetwood Mac. Maybe this is why I thought Tusk was playing at first
    I've missed you all too

response to Ecto saying he had been missed. Don't think I've played Many games with Uriel but I know he's experienced.
    Depends, are you a plastic bag or a paper bag?

when Baggly wonders if he missed him.
    Sultan is my first read as a noog

I think SK had already called out Sullys one post at that point but this was one of the first on thread accusations. Introduction of noog / goon also
    That is correct ecto.

When Sully confirmed Sultan = Sully
    Vote alexaplasm

In response to DAndy making posters, not serious voting
    I like the use of alternative language here.

SKs reads, perhaps the re-use of noog
    Im really not sure about bagman, otherwise grand.
    Sultan and Jim-will-fixit are my only two noog leans at the moment

If he disagreeed with any reads. guess fixxxer is fixit
    This is very polly

I'm not sure what polly means but I think this is disagreeing with me being bad.
    giphy.gif

Oh no it's saying that Whiplashy is pocketing someone with that opinion, probably SK given the reads he had given prior.
    What about overtly hidden motives?

When Whip says he has no hidden motives.
    Or is it just fantasy

having fun, others joined in, Bohemian Rhapsody
    There's big whiff of pocket and self pocket in this post.
    So you think we have a village core that is deserving of unfettered trust until "options" appear. Not sure about that.

You're right, though game does start when thread opens, but you talk about imaginary future times, when I think you're trying to sell some sort of imaginary hero play.

calling out SK and his village core, he's not afraid to go at people at least. Wolves are usually quieter
    Don't kill a wolf, if we have a wolf. Riiiight. I get you on the new player thing, but, no.

Again calls out someone, Clara this time. I'd say bad phrasing from Clara but can't blame the guy for highlighting it.
    Hey alexaplasm, turn on the coffee maker.

I guess that name for DAndy's poster was refering to his friend Ecto
    At a concert with OH tonight so can't post much more. Vote in for sultan of swing.

Jim will fix it a distant second, but not terribly much to go on Ó either account tbh.

Vales death probably a set up or a double B on bagman.

Will be watching me ould pal the little drummer boy closely as a result

His latest post. Voting Sully if hes not around, but also leans bad on Fixxer but not Baggly/Drumpot

Overall I am leaning village because he has been calling multiple people out on things on thread despite not having loads of posts. Despite his low posting he is not exactly trying to stay hidden going at people like Whip, sk and Clara despite voting on Sully

sullivlo wrote: »
    SKs post clearing CC seemed suspicious. N0 early role claim??

I always ask myself two questions if I suspect someone. They are why and why not, whichever one makes sense at that moment is how I decide.

I hadn't spotted that on first read through and I don't like it at all. I'm conflicted though because I found it going over Dandys posts and I don't like his posts either. Overly fluffy, not a lot of substance vs volume. Focusing on low posters on D0/D1 of a slow burn game doesn't feel right either.

Will have to read back properly when I get time. Will be voting either Dandy or Sulli most likely.
    Clarabel wrote: »
    My read on drum is that he's not in a backroom with other people. So not a wolf.

I've voted for trit based on my post yesterday, I'd be happy to change to Fixxxer.

I'm now suspect of ain't easy being cheesy. However if he had a back room I think he'd probably be getting a bit of help. That one strategy post and then nothing seems odd.

Explain why you don't think Drum is in a backroom?

Explain why you're voting for me please? Same for you Dandy, reasons for voting on thread for all to see.

Won't be long before people have post counts too high for me to have the patience to ISO them . Good luck to whoever tries to do SK later!

Will have to read back properly when I get time. Will be voting either Dandy or Sulli most likely.

You're asking me why I voted you (I didn't I voted trit, but didn't give any reason for sulli?

Last night Drum asked a few questions on the mechanics of the game, and questions that make me think if he had a BR he'd ask there and get quickly brought up to speed rather than say having to read the whole thread.

I also query why Baggly wasn't mod killed....how often are subs made Vs modkill on no shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Last night Drum asked a few questions on the mechanics of the game, and questions that make me think if he had a BR he'd ask there and get quickly brought up to speed rather than say having to read the whole thread.

I also query why Baggly wasn't mod killed....how often are subs made Vs modkill on no shows.

Well Baggly wasn't exactly a no show. He withdrew from the game. Mods usually prefer to use subs if they are available as it doesn't upset the balance of the game and gives someone else an opportunity to play.

You're asking me why I voted you (I didn't I voted trit, but didn't give any reason for sulli?

Asking why you'd be happy to switch to me? I mentioned why Sulli in my post, the "SKs post clearing CC seemed suspicious. N0 early role claim??" It reminds me of how I've done notes in BR in previous games. I'm putting that with the low post count and becoming suspicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I'd say they knew there was a sub available and put him in, rather than modkilling someone. I don't think the fact that there as a substitution is important. It's unfortunate for drumpot who may be held to account for someone else's post (one way or the other). We should judge based on Baggly and Drumpot's posts as a whole rather than if there was a modkill or not.

I hadn't spotted that on first read through and I don't like it at all. I'm conflicted though because I found it going over Dandys posts and I don't like his posts either. Overly fluffy, not a lot of substance vs volume. Focusing on low posters on D0/D1 of a slow burn game doesn't feel right either.

Explain why you don't think Drum is in a backroom?

Explain why you're voting for me please? Same for you Dandy, reasons for voting on thread for all to see.

When you say you didn't see it on the first read do you mean sulli's post?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Still trying to catchup . Up to page 5 the things I’ve taken thus far:

- I’m not the only one who is confused by the matrix, whiplashy (77 &119) . Post 77 thanked by clarabel and dandy,
    - Skeith mentioned a BR and it was laughed off , not really challanged by anybody but Clarabel (75) and BH (91)- post thanked by Vale.
    -Skeith suggests something bout Barney, clarabel gets it but I’m not seeing the point? (50) that Barney is a RV? (Not a wolfy play IMO)
    -Skeith suggests detector guy comes out on thread
    - Vale wanted to shoot baggly, nothing obvious sticking out as it seemed like some fun (before these posts and 121, 135, 179
    -Gif explosion from post 103 to 110 over course of 20 mins. Skeith, Barney , Baggley, BH, Baggley. (Meh, not sure anything can be gotten other then we
    Kill the Baggley:) )
    - Skeith (122) - well explained game mechanics (gold star for you)
    - Sully (127) post straight after Skeith (many posts before this?)
    -chi chip 128-130 , three posts in a row within 2 mins, quoting themselves (is this one reason why group thinks sully and choc bad)
    - fixxer (131) mentions sk BR “gaff”. Fixxer and sulli more going after SK and choc chip more curious bout it.
    - Skeith (147) summary of people asking bout his BR comments and suggesting he outed RV. Not sure what Sk is saying but he’s gotten plenty of traction/responses
    - Trit (152) vote Skeith (did trit post much before?)
    - skunk (152) 3 role reveals? What have I missed? Chocchip (164) answers this
    Sk, Bh wolves and dandy some other role!
    -Skeith and choc chip ((166 + 167) confirm a popular theory, that dandy is special
    -skunk (168) clears up sk role reveal , Andy (Joat), sk might of outed him?!
    - Kitten, Bh and chocchip all think SK town lean (174)
    - dandy (188) game mechanics but Randes roles?
    - clarabel (191) has a gun to shoot Baggley (200)

This is where I am at. I’m trying to catchup but thought maybe this might jog somebody’s memory or help somebody with a theory.

Initial thoughts are that it took me longer then I hoped to catchup up on 25% of the game so hopefully the rest can be done quicker. Fixxer and sulli going after SK (131) seems quite aggressive and kinda wolfy. Few other things I might have to review after I’ve caught up.

You're suspicious of cheezy but immediately then say if they had a backroom they'd be getting a bit of help. Seems a bit fence sitty to me clara.

Barney92 wrote: »
    You're suspicious of cheezy but immediately then say if they had a backroom they'd be getting a bit of help. Seems a bit fence sitty to me clara.

I'm putting my thoughts out there so that it might help someone else develop the thought further.

It's also what I do, try to look and present both sides of a story.
    Gun to head. I don't think he's a wolf. But that post was awful suspect.

Cheesy you need to get posting.

I'm putting my thoughts out there so that it might help someone else develop the thought further.

It's also what I do, try to look and present both sides of a story.
    Gun to head. I don't think he's a wolf. But that post was awful suspect.

Cheesy you need to get posting.

I don't view it as suspect at all, because I don't think a wolf would say that and then not back it up with anything.

I agree with you on the need for Cheesy to get posting.

I've no problem with you presenting different possible arguments. I just thought the phrasing seemed odd.

Barney92 wrote: »
    When you say you didn't see it on the first read do you mean sulli's post?

Yeap I do.

My gut after the 3 main ISOs (also commented on Sulli's collated by someone else)

Fixxer - Null - did not make me lean village at the time but other ISOs have made me not sure he will still get on an FFA
    Trit - I got a slightly more bad vibe from this one but I do think he may have been looking to see who would jump on them for the Dr No first post
    Uriel - Most likely villager because of poking at others mistakes , not hiding despite low posting and nothing dodgy about themselves really
    Sully - If there were more posts this could change but her handful of posts don't read great at the moment.

I was also suspicious of Baggly because of how quickly he got defensive and role claimed NRV so Drumpot would probably round out an FFA but I couldn't see voting him unless he then also did something like his baggly alter ego to stand out.

Choc Chip has gotten a few votes, only the first I think was reasoned on the thread but if the worry is he could be a wolf just blending in with his style of posting then there are probably a few other names that could go in that pile Barney, Kitten, Cheesy even. Hope we hear more from him especially now that he has voted.

#FFA 1

1.Sully
    2.Trit
    3.Drumpot

Ths could very easily change. Tryng my best not to go down tunnels this game.

• Advertisement

Yeap I do.

Did you think something was strange about people being suspicious of sulli when that was the main reason people were suspicious of her? Without having knowledge of her first post I'd have found it strange that people were that suspicious of her, especially when she has barely posted.

Advertisement