Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

007 Mafia: GoldenWolf - GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Catching up, so we are either D2 or E1

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Whiplashy wrote: »
    I’m guessing that the role cop puts in the person s/he wants to target before the munch deadline, so for example last nigh s/he targets x. X comes back NRV. So instead of munching x the wolf’s go for either SK or trit. They don’t know if they are roled or not but they have better odds of guessing a RV.
    Barney92 wrote: »
    From OP

Role Cop: Learns the role of the player they target each night. Note that the village does not have one of these in this set up.

I presume it's essentially a seer for the wolves. They choose XXX and are told what role they have.

Yeh so if it’s a seer role they either peaked somebody who was NRV and changed or they don’t have that role (henve the NRV kill).

So we also have an extra kill that isn’t clear. It can’t be Vig as they can only kill on even days (unless I’m reading rule on that wrong?) so it had to be extra wolf kill or JOAT? Am I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Drumpot wrote: »
    Ecto, in Strawbs notes it says that you said it that Trit being shot would confirm something for you. What did it confronts?

Also do you think the second kill was VIG because there was two kills? (Only trying to understand why this is a theory). Was it not night 1 and all Vigs are “even night vigs” so is that not night 2,4 etc? Then this would have to be JOAT role? If not it’s an extra wolf kill for some reason.

Looking at the OP again, I think I’m starting to get my head around the game. So mods rand the game (maybe toss a coin) for A or B. Then they maybe roll a dice to see if it’s column A - E.

Anybody got any idea of how Mafia role cop really helps wolves? We all find out who they kill so I’m not sure how this really helps them. Perhaps is it more like a seer role where they target somebody and can change their mind ? (Then why would they kill SK or Trit?). If we understood this role maybe we would be able to narrow down the worlds?

I don't see how the wolves would get an extra kill in this game. So I think we have to assume that we are in either 1E or 2D. That means we either have 4 normal wolves, a doctor and a joat (with no shot left) or 3 normal wolves, a role cop wolf, a motion detector, an even night vig and the joat (with no shot left).

We'll find out on Friday morning which game we're in, unless the joat roleblocks either the even night vig or the wolf who puts in the munch. If there are two kills we are definitely in 2D. If there is only one then we could still be in 2D if there was a roleblock. Probably more likely that we would be in 1E if there is only one kill though.

D2 would be much better.

The wolves have no mechanism in the OP for an extra kill. Vig is even nights so it has to be JOAT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Just incase it seems like I’m totally blinded by my tunneling...Dandy you’re on my possible wolfie list too now btw. If you were a wolf, trying late and unsuccessfully to divert us from lynching a villager would be a good play.

Just incase it seems like I’m totally blinded by my tunneling...Dandy you’re on my possible wolfie list too now btw. If you were a wolf, trying late and unsuccessfully to divert us from lynching a villager would be a good play.

Oh I’ve just figured out how to link that with my tunnel.....must resist! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Gonna do whiplashy next. Dreading dandy’s one :D but I’m glad of the extra time this phase.

I had intended on doing Barney next when post counts were still low, dunno if I can handle the higher posters you can for ISOs. After I've had time to get back to normal after a long ass day at work (only getting home now at 9pm and had to eat McDonalds for Dinner as fast as possible between things) I'll be happier the pace is a bit slower and maybe try do another one.
    Ectoplasm wrote: »
    You know what. That's twice now I've been accused of doing no wolf hunting. And it is pissing me right off. I've ISOd every player and given notes. I've asked questions and I've actually been around and engaged with players.
    What exactly does wolf hunting look like ?Because if your ISO of me is an example it sucks.

I'm done for the day. I need a break.

To be honest I've thought your ISOs were on point so far. You've done wolf hunting. Maybe it's a compliment and they think you for being a great wolf player . Can't rule it out (well people other than you can't) but your not top of any list of mine atm.

Gonna grab a shower then work out what such a list should look like.

fixxxer wrote: »
    The wolves have no mechanism in the OP for an extra kill. Vig is even nights so it has to be JOAT.

So if we think column B has a seer for the wolves then it’s prob a decent shout that we are in column A and only have a town doctor! As said we should know by next munch (Friday) if there is no Vig kill.

So if we think column B has a seer for the wolves then it’s prob a decent shout that we are in column A and only have a town doctor! As said we should know by next munch (Friday) if there is no Vig kill.

That's not quite accurate as I said before, because the joat could still roleblock someone and if they happen to roleblock the vig or the wolf who puts in the order than we'll only have one kill. So one kill does not equal 1E. It means it's more likely than 2D but we wouldn't be able to rule out the possibility of 2D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Ecto, in Strawbs notes it says that you said it that Trit being shot would confirm something for you. What did it confronts?

Also do you think the second kill was VIG because there was two kills? (Only trying to understand why this is a theory). Was it not night 1 and all Vigs are “even night vigs” so is that not night 2,4 etc? Then this would have to be JOAT role? If not it’s an extra wolf kill for some reason.

Looking at the OP again, I think I’m starting to get my head around the game. So mods rand the game (maybe toss a coin) for A or B. Then they maybe roll a dice to see if it’s column A - E.

Anybody got any idea of how Mafia role cop really helps wolves? We all find out who they kill so I’m not sure how this really helps them. Perhaps is it more like a seer role where they target somebody and can change their mind ? (Then why would they kill SK or Trit?). If we understood this role maybe we would be able to narrow down the worlds?
    From OP

Role Cop: Learns the role of the player they target each night. Note that the village does not have one of these in this set up.

I presume it's essentially a seer for the wolves. They choose XXX and are told what role they have.

Yeh so if it’s a seer role they either peaked somebody who was NRV and changed or they don’t have that role (henve the NRV kill).

So we also have an extra kill that isn’t clear. It can’t be Vig as they can only kill on even days (unless I’m reading rule on that wrong?) so it had to be extra wolf kill or JOAT? Am I wrong?

I would agree with Barney's reading of the role cop. It is like a wolf Seer, however in normal game I don't think they get their result before munch so probably the same in this game. Them munching Trit / SK means that if they have a role cop then they haven't been successful in finding a RV.

I don't follow this? Why would a wolf try stop a villager being lynched?

If we are in column a we have a town doctor and a JOAT

That's not quite accurate as I said before, because the joat could still roleblock someone and if they happen to roleblock the vig or the wolf who puts in the order than we'll only have one kill. So one kill does not equal 1E. It means it's more likely than 2D but we wouldn't be able to rule out the possibility of 2D.

If we do have a vig kill then I reckon we can be certain we are in 2D. Anything else we would be still guessing.

The wolves know what column we are in and they know for sure that the second kill was or wasn’t them. I think it’s fair to assume for now that it was the JOAT based on what we think we know but to be open to correction. One game the village couldn’t understand how a wolf could sneak past a certain rule that ended up clearing a wolf to victory so I don’t rule out anything even if it looks unlikely.

kitten_k wrote: »

I don't follow this? Why would a wolf try stop a villager being lynched?

It was so late in the day it was very unlikely to actually save Sully but Dandy can now do the whole I tried to prevent her death, a wolf wouldn’t do that. Which according to your post some people will buy.

If we are in column a we have a town doctor and a JOAT

Yeh I was working off the presumption we had a JOAT whether A or B.

If we are in column A i think wolves would be less likely to role hunt. They would focus on dangerous players.

Be interesting to know who was Targeted by JOAT and who by wolves. Just noticed that Trit had a go at Dandy for targeting me when I hadn’t even posted. If I get the time I might try and see if I can find some info from trits posts.

If we do have a vig kill then I reckon we can be certain we are in 2D. Anything else we would be still guessing.

Oh if there is a vig kill we have to be in 2D. We can't be in anything else.

I was just making it clear that no vig kill does not mean we are in 1E.

It was so late in the day it was very unlikely to actually save Sully but Dandy can now do the whole I tried to prevent her death, a wolf wouldn’t do that. Which according to your post some people will buy.

That would probably work if he done it earlier or it had more than impact, but I don't think anyone would buy that off him at this stage especially considering his vote was on Fixxxer at the time and therefore didn't reduce the votes on Sulli. He moved to Drumpot with 3 mins to go, not enough time for a real CFD.

I noticed reading back the the mods never posted a summary of the lynch votes! The only summary posted was Ectos.

@mods - can we have a summary of the votes after lynch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Because i was expecting sk to get munched for his backroom comment. I said last night he would and if not we'd have to look at him. Also if you look at my reads i said you and trit were either awesome wolves or clesr village, so being so clear would indicate role do could have been a toss up between the two of you for the bullet. I suspect you'll be munched next unless someone comes out about a role before then.

I also suspect I'll be one of the if not the favourite to be lynched. I'm fine with that, everyone needs to be examined but I urge everyone not to stop looking elsewhere just because you think I'm a wolf. Even if I am there are more out there.

I think we can take a lot from when people speak. I donte mean people going missing because they do have a real life but I just mean the times, what they say and when they say it.

My vote fixxxer btw
    Dandy look at the numbers, please don't be fine with that if you're a village. That in itself is not very village!

I have had a look at people's reactions following the morning deaths. A couple of people said RIP/farewell to both sets - kitten, skunk/strawberry (one person in this), choc chip, bounty hunter and ectoplasm. I wonder if these professions of grief are a way of distancing themselves from the acts. Obviously since there are five they can't all be wolves but I'd be surprised if one or more weren't amongst those five.

On the others:

Whiplashy says farewell to Vale, but doesn't say anything to the latest victims - just that we must have a vig or jack of all trades. That's a bit of a contrast to the previous reaction.

Clarabel was sad to see vale go but when trit and skeith go the same sadness isn't evident. As with whiplashy their first comment post death is more mechanical - trit being the munch and sk the shot. (Happy birthday by the way). Perhaps the birthday is the reason for less sadness in today's initial post :).

Baggly is no longer here, but having been subbed so can't really read too much into that. Drumpot didn't profess any grief. Although that may have been trying to distance from Baggly's style.

I have may missed some posts but tried to get all the ones I saw in there.
    First kill

Second kill
    You must have missed me missing Keith and in my head I said sorry to Trit, if I forgot to post it!

I've 10 more mins to read this. Then I'm gone for the day. I'll try post my thoughts before I go.

Dandy I'm really annoyed with you. Really. You better be a wolf.

Kitty kat is reminding me of QB when she was wolf (but not a smooth).

Drummer, relax, why so defensive? If you not Baggly what would you read from his posts before you arrived?

Choc Chip wrote: »
    Well Uriel. Something you want to tell us?

Soz but Uriel I read your name as Urine...it shall be your new name

• Advertisement

Ok it was a long day so I took the easier route and did an ISO of Cheezy as the wife also needs appeasing
    Morning lads... first game, been reading all the charters/beginners guide etc... still f-cking clueless! Aw well, I’ll just need to wing it :D

1st post, feel like there might be a lot of well he is new so...
    Gotcha!

I’ve only been online sporadically, up to my t*ts at work yesterday, then getting to grips with the rules and etiquette since then.

responding to sK giving advice, new player struggles
    I’m not female.

Guess male so :pac:
    My low post counts making folks uneasy.. Or just as simple as a newb getting to grips with what’s going on..

almost read the first 1/2 as aggressive defensive but the new player thing again but highlighting he should already try to get into it more
    Naw. Throw out the accusations, then look for a behavioral change. That’s my game plan.

Probably shouldn't announce gameplan like that for it to be as effective, is this why he voted but wasn't on the thread for ages at the same time.
    Been reading up on thread. Forming opinions.

care to share them?
    I think you can tell more looking at the voting pattern

What has he learned?

won't have to sub out, good to know he always intended on posting more.
    Won’t be necessary

won't have to sub out, good to know he always intended on posting more.
    Yeah. Mines getting shortened to cheesy all the time. Address me by my proper title, you little bollocks.

probably jokin about but not saying anything, where are those opinions he mentioned
    Wasn’t expecting to see two killed :confused: Will need to re-examine the formats now and put possible names into places

tbh I was not expecting 2 kills either but again he's not really saying anything.
    No reason other than you noting my lack of activity, wanted you all to know that I was here, and following/catching up

Well we know he has been ever present but it'd be better if thats the case then if he didn't shy away from getting involved

----

I kinda like him for being a villager and just being new but he is not helping himself by posting so little and as a result not accusing people, giving reads etc like others. He's not clashed with others and the longer the game goes on the more suspicious that will be. Not the most wolfy but potentially the newest / quietest wolf of 4 I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

No I thought she was a wolf but not as much as drumpot

Clarabel wrote: »
    You must have missed me missing Keith and in my head I said sorry to Trit, if I forgot to post it!

I've 10 more mins to read this. Then I'm gone for the day. I'll try post my thoughts before I go.

Drummer, relax, why so defensive? If you not Baggly what would you read from his posts before you arrived?

Ah yes, I did miss it. When I read the start of the post it didn't seem like you were going to say anything like bye or RIP. So that's six who have expressed sadness after each munch. Not really much saying there is at least one wolf in that six given there are four wolves and 13 of us left I suppose. Even randomly you'd expect 2 to be in that group of 6 (slightly less than 2 I suppose technically).

How so?

Just noticed there has been a lot of early voting going on (It's tomorrow not tonight right?) - 4 in already and all for different people... that can't be a good sign.

I won't apologise for behaving in what I think is the best way for the village. Sometimes I may be right and sometimes wrong but if I just follow then I'm a sheep.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

I kinda like him for being a villager and just being new but he is not helping himself by posting so little and as a result not accusing people, giving reads etc like others. He's not clashed with others and the longer the game goes on the more suspicious that will be. Not the most wolfy but potentially the newest / quietest wolf of 4 I guess.

I scanned through this and it occurred to me that cheezy's posting pattern is fairly similar to Uriel's. I was leaning village on Cheezy (and Uriel tbh) but now I'm wondering whether they could be in a backroom together and Cheezy could be getting advice on how to make minimum posting.

Cheezy, if you are new and village, I'm sorry. Something is just bugging me about your posting...

Choc Chip wrote: »
    I scanned through this and it occurred to me that cheezy's posting pattern is fairly similar to Uriel's. I was leaning village on Cheezy (and Uriel tbh) but now I'm wondering whether they could be in a backroom together and Cheezy could be getting advice on how to make minimum posting.

Cheezy, if you are new and village, I'm sorry. Something is just bugging me about your posting...

I can go with this. Uriel immediately tried to make me the next wagon last night when he saw a chink in the armour. Cheezy popping up after 9pm and at the start this morning, basically he pops up at unimportant times with not much effort to learn the game but seems to say things that sound like he wants to but never does.

New or not he needs looking at and he needs a partner too.

Well Baggly was defensive too, so much so he felt the need to claim NRV on day 0.

I had not considered KK but I guess thats what you mean?

Why are you so annoyed with Dandy? The main Dandy read that seemed completely off was the switch on Baggly DP when one of them hadn't even posted yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    You know what. That's twice now I've been accused of doing no wolf hunting. And it is pissing me right off. I've ISOd every player and given notes. I've asked questions and I've actually been around and engaged with players.
    What exactly does wolf hunting look like ?Because if your ISO of me is an example it sucks.

I'm done for the day. I need a break.

Ok. First things first, I need to apologise. Strawbs, sorry I snapped. I'd no right to say that about your work, essentially doing the same thing as I felt had been done to me. My only defense is that it came on the heels of Drumpot also suggesting that I'd not done much digging and I do get too obsessed with this game.

I've concluded that you're either a villager who is tunneling me (you voted me instantly and have now read my posts with that in mind) or you are a wolf trying to rattle me, and if that's the case well done, it worked :)
    I’ve gone through every one of your posts and that’s my conclusion. I’m concerned that you haven’t said who you would have lynched if you came off Drumpot. Also concerned that you don’t want to discuss the contradictions. Maybe I’ve read them wrong and you could have chatted to me about it but no, you don’t want to talk at all now.

I’m moving on to other players now.

I'm going to try to address anything you raised. I just went for the bits you'd bolded - if there's anything else, let me know.
    ectoplasm
    Next post day after wedding says has vague recollections of reading thread. Going to read again now to see what’s happening. Yes, this happened. The wedding was on all day Friday. I was tipsy from around 4 at a guess.

Says it’s too early to be looking at low posters as game doesn’t start properly till Monday. (Does this contradict her saying village should make most of day zero?) No, I don't see how? Making the most of the chance to post and interact is not the same thing as not looking at low posters until later?

Her suspects are silly, Clara, fixxxer, baggley and vale but subject to change.
    Says list is based on her earlier ISOs (can’t see them) and notes at home. But from memory sully one post, fixxxer tone, vale cool, Clara mechanics, nothing for baggley.
    Yeah they were early reads, I'd my notes started but not posted and I was out and about when the question was asked.

Tells baggley discussion never a waste even though killing him might be (does this contradict above lylo convo?)
    Again, I don't see how this is a contradiction? I wasn't sure that Baggly was bad so discussion could clear things up for me. I thought lynching him based on early suspicions might be a mistake.

Says not many places for wolves to hide. If she can focus on a villager to scrutinise that won’t help wolves. (Reading this a few times as I’m not understanding this post properly).
    I was saying that me personally clearing people as village meant that I could focus more on those I'm suspicious of - that's how I tend to play. I try to find who I think is village so I can pay more attention to those who I haven't reached that same conclusion on. Does that make sense now?

Less worried about lynching a RV than NOT lynching a wolf. Max of 3 roles and 3 mislynches before it gets real what does this mean?) It means that we are at LYLO after that.

Explains she finds wolves by clearing villagers. Yep.
    Soft defense of Keith. Tells Clara her mechanism posts are a way a wolf would hide. Best way she can help roled villagers is by finding wolves (thought best way to find wolves was find villagers?). Yes, and I find wolves by narrowing down the list of people I need to focus on.

Baggley has bad feeling about ecto think she has been a bit lazy. I left this bit in as it seems to be narrative that is developing about me - Drumpot has continued it and you've also suggested it. Teamwork?
    Ecto says she didn’t have a bad hangover as she had some kind of bug and left wedding early. (This contradicts her morning after wedding post)
    Says there is an eerie silence 30 mins before munch.

Again, it doesn't. Not having a bad hangover is not the same as not remembering posts that I read while I was drunk. This is starting to feel like you are just throwing shade at me. Not actually accusing me of anything wolfy, just building a narrative.

(I dunno, I read this on the morning of munch and something about it had me not believing it was sincere) I already said it was sincere, and it was. You just feeling it wasn't doesn't make it so. And as this post about Vale seems to be the basis of your suspicions, this is flimsier and flimsier.

2 hrs after munch next - They would. Sullys postings this morning aren't making me feel any better about her BUT I'm not going to tunnel quite so early on and will be looking elsewhere for today (literally today Monday). (Shade of sully who is NRV) It wasn't shade it was the truth. Her posts didn't make me feel any better about her, I did NOT tunnel (unlike you here if you're a villager) and I didn't bloody vote for her!

In general she says she puts thoughts out so that they can be hashed out with someone else to see where they are wrong (is this a way of backtracking?) changes subject to asking a question “what does slot mean” and saying she only has 20 posts left. Two things here. No, it's not a way of backtracking, it's a way of playing the game. I make my thoughts known others respond. Same as I'm doing here to your thoughts. It's how the game works. Also, I don't like how you colour this as me changing the subject, the subject was over, it had been discussed and concluded as far as I was concerned and I asked a question about a term I didn't get.

Barney, Uriel, sully, cheezy overall says not much to go on. Says not convinced enough to vote sully lynch one (sully in the running for lynch right now)
    Yes, because while I was suspicious, there wasn't enough for me to vote for her.

Drumpot votes ecto. Ecto wonders if retaliation vote. Says drumpot contradicts himself. Was open to taking vote off him but not now. (Who would she have moved vote to?) Tritium. My early read of Clarabel had shifted and now had her as town. Tritium seemed to be going hard after Clara and I didn't see it.

Thinks it’s quiet cos sully isn’t a wolf (Clarabel or kitten said this earlier). I had mentioned the silence several times. Maybe they did say it too, but turns out I was right

conclusions
    One of the highest posters. Lots of filler posts like, posts to Uriel are all fun, not game. Lots of helpful posts to players about mislynches, posts per page, boards on phone, etc. Contradicting what she says ie: being drunk. Has only one wolf read out of her reads so is she pocketing? Nope. I just didn't have a lot to go on

Also, when saying she thought of jumping off drumpot, she never says who for, why? It didn't seem that important to say who or why at that point as Drumpot seemed to contradict himself which made me think he was definitely a wolf (still could be). I don't recall anyone asking this before either but could be wrong on that. I don't tend to ignore posts but I do miss stuff occasionally.

Shades sully a bit too who does say that ecto is her wolfiest player because of her style this game. Sure, she said that but didn't explain why/what she meant. I still don't know and disagree

For so many posts I can’t see that much wolf hunting going on but she’s always asking others for theirs. Is this a ploy to see what way the game is going? I’m sticking with my gut and leaving ecto in wolf pile.

Ok. You're wrong and I'm village but as I said, there could be 2 reasons for this and I'm not sure which way I'm leaning on them. If you are village though, how exactly can I wolf hunt better? Genuine question. I'm a very average player but I do my best to contribute by making notes, tracking votes and adding my thoughts. If there is something I can be doing better, by all means, tell me.

If you're a hairy wolf though, feck off and stop shading me. :p

Advertisement