Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

007 Mafia: GoldenWolf - GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I actually had Uriel leaning good in another ISO yesterday but I would not dismiss any such a possibility even if I was not suggesting it with my read of Cheazy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Just noticed there has been a lot of early voting going on (It's tomorrow not tonight right?) - 4 in already and all for different people... that can't be a good sign.

Yea next lynch is tomorrow night:

D0 - Friday opening - Monday munch
    D1 - Monday munch - Tuesday lynch
    N1 - Tuesday lynch - Wednesday munch
    D2 - Wednesday munch - Thursday lynch
    N2 - Thursday lynch - Friday munch
    D3 - Friday munch - Saturday lynch
    N3 - Saturday lynch - Sunday munch
    D4 - Sunday munch - Monday lynch
    N4 - Monday lynch - Tuesday munch
    D5 - Tuesday munch - Wednesday lynch

kitten_k wrote: »
    Yea next lynch is tomorrow night:

D0 - Friday opening - Monday munch
    D1 - Monday munch - Tuesday lynch
    N1 - Tuesday lynch - Wednesday munch
    D2 - Wednesday munch - Thursday lynch
    N2 - Thursday lynch - Friday munch
    D3 - Friday munch - Saturday lynch
    N3 - Saturday lynch - Sunday munch
    D4 - Sunday munch - Monday lynch
    N4 - Monday lynch - Tuesday munch
    D5 - Tuesday munch - Wednesday lynch

Couldn't be any more straight forward really but a change of pace and so many votes cast early. Think I was the only one proposing FFAs yesterday, already 4 votes in makes me think that may not be happening on D2 again

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Barney92 wrote: »
    That's not quite accurate as I said before, because the joat could still roleblock someone and if they happen to roleblock the vig or the wolf who puts in the order than we'll only have one kill. So one kill does not equal 1E. It means it's more likely than 2D but we wouldn't be able to rule out the possibility of 2D.

This is really for the JOATs benefit but wouldn’t they be better off then not using their blocking power on day 2? It’s a once off power so even though it’s a very small chance they might use it on the potential vig should they not wait? Would be a handy power later on if we do have an outed RV or a leader villager arises that would benefit from a bit of JOAT protection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Couldn't be any more straight forward really but a change of pace and so many votes cast early. Think I was the only one proposing FFAs yesterday, already 4 votes in makes me think that may not be happening on D2 again

I'm happy to.

• Advertisement

Drumpot wrote: »
    This is really for the JOATs benefit but wouldn’t they be better off then not using their blocking power on day 2? It’s a once off power so even though it’s a very small chance they might use it on the potential vig should they not wait? Would be a handy power later on if we do have an outed RV or a leader villager arises that would benefit from a bit of JOAT protection.

But for the JOAT role block to work as protection they would need to know who was a wolf and which wolf put in the kill order?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

But for the JOAT role block to work as protection they would need to know who was a wolf and which wolf put in the kill order?

Yep. I agree its very unlikely to happen, which was why i was responding to Barney's point.

But since the Vigs action on day 2 is at the same time as the wolves couldnt our JOAT accidentally block the Vig and think its the wolves ? If they block somebody on day 3 they know for certain its the wolves.

Yep. I agree its very unlikely to happen, which was why i was responding to Barney's point.

But since the Vigs action on day 2 is at the same time as the wolves couldnt our JOAT accidentally block the Vig and think its the wolves ? If they block somebody on day 3 they know for certain its the wolves.

Yea I got your point on that and I agree. My point was in relation to your part about it coming in useful later if we have a RV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I do agree that it is unlikely to happen and think the joat should consider not using their roleblock this time around, as it will tell us what game we are in within anyone needing to reveal yet.

Fixxer - I kind of have a Null read of him.'I did an ISO of him and this is still the case. Better than being suspicious of him but he could just blend in and be forgotten about.
    Drumpot - One of my original suspicions was Baglly due to being so defensive and I've seen DP labelled this too but didn't think as much myself. Might be harder though as I've read a lot of DP after the fact.
    Choc Chip - The biggest non Sully wagon was on him at first (3 votes a piece at the start iirc) but I don't think there were reasons beyond placeholder/self preservation. Don't think he voted Sully for self preservation at the time though. slight vilage lean
    Uriel - Still leaning village despite him potentially being linked to cheazy for others, the ISO of his I did of his yesterday helped his cause with me a little.
    DAndy - His Baggly/DP flip base on no DP posts made me question him as he had been playing like usual villager imo. Posting more than in other games but still not as confident in himself as more experienced players which can be odd in a thread when his is the loudest voice (most posts). Fence sitting read, gut says good but im worried about him
    Strawbs - Don't really remember anything about Skunk this game. Strawbs is more experienced though and I'm expecting more reads etc from her going forward now.
    Ecto: I found his ISOs to relect many of my own thoughts on people at the time but maybe it's others suspicons that has me now doubting him a little. Slight village but he'd be a good wolf the way he's playing.
    Clara - I should probably look into her more. If she had a lower post count I prob would have ISOd her as her name has been thrown around but I had leant unsure villager, probably what most wolves would portray themselves as by default though especially a 1st time wolf ( it hink it would be).
    Whiplashy - Could probably re-write what I have for Clara here except the last part. I don't think I interacted much with Whip apart from (I think it was them) when I was mistaken for Baggly and placed on her FFA
    Barney/Kitten - I've not got much on these guys, could be wolves could be roled, could be villagers. Don't stand out much to me either way.
    Cheazy - Could be a repeat of yesterday where the hope is he gets more involved but he seemed to indicate he was ever present reading along and should know not getting involved isn't making him look less wolfy.

Did I miss anyone?

those are my jumbled up current reads

• Advertisement

@ecto you don’t need to be apologising to me xxx blame the mods for making us play this bloody game! Actually, blame jayop for starting it :D

I’ve read your above post and I’ve been nodding in agreement with points you’ve made. Currently ISOing other players but wanted to acknowledge your response and I’ll chat with you later.

@ecto you don’t need to be apologising to me xxx blame the mods for making us play this bloody game! Actually, blame jayop for starting it :D

I’ve read your above post and I’ve been nodding in agreement with points you’ve made. Currently ISOing other players but wanted to acknowledge your response and I’ll chat with you later.

I feel like Hotel California comes to mind with WW sometimes, you can check in anytime you like, but you can never leave

coming next month WW Batman
    giphy.gif

okay no more shameless plugs I promise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Ah here, I had a little temper tantrum and flipped out a bit...so yeah I did. It's mad, I'm generally very chilled and laid back but this game makes me a little bit nutso. And yet I continue to play. :D

I have kind of taken today off a bit coz I clearly needed to take a step back. I'll be back on a bit later and as it's a light day tomorrow I will be back to making my notes and tables. Hoping there is a bit more for me to dig into and I can actually find a wolf or two. Feels like they are coasting under the radar for now.

sullivlo wrote: »
    I had nothing to defend. I gave my reasons for the one suspicious post I made. Nobody asked me anything else and I criticised others for posting fluff so I said nothing.

When I flip NRV perhaps look at where the sully bus started and who started it.

I’m gonna work on this next. Sully deserves a proper investigation and it always happens that those that die are completely forgotten about when they could hold valuable info.

Just finished Whippy iso but not added conclusions yet.

I’m gonna work on this next. Sully deserves a proper investigation and it always happens that those that die are completely forgotten about when they could hold valuable info.

Just finished Whippy iso but not added conclusions yet.

I'd be interested in those conclusions. I did a post earlier with voting times. Pretty sure sKeith was 1st on sully and whiplashy next. Given sKeith was good, the early vote from WL made me want to have a look there.

How do you guys find the time and the patience to do ISO’s? I started doing one in the last game and had to give up! Any tips?

How do you guys find the time and the patience to do ISO’s? I started doing one in the last game and had to give up! Any tips?

It definitely takes commitment. Sleeping tablets (crushed into their whiskey)for your other half, strong coffee and an all nighter. Usually best to stop looking at current posts in thread and keep going. Think we all do it differently though. Like, I write all the persons posts down or my read of each post. Then I go back and read all that and add thoughts.

As Strawbs says ignore current posts. I.like.to do them in time frames too. So pick your person and read through their posts from Night 0, making notes of anything that stands out. Then look at Day 1...do they do their own work or latch onto others? If they give reads, do they have reasons? How are they voting? Why? Then look at reaction to munches. I also like to see if they interact with / ignore anyone. It is time consuming but you do spot things.
    It's easier to do it as you go along though.
    If I were starting now I'd probably skim through early posts to see if anything jumps out and only look closely at yesterday and today.

Think everyone does it slightly differently but that's what works for me.

Thanks girls, might try one if I get time some day during work. Evenings are a no go.

Because i was expecting sk to get munched for his backroom comment. I said last night he would and if not we'd have to look at him. Also if you look at my reads i said you and trit were either awesome wolves or clesr village, so being so clear would indicate role do could have been a toss up between the two of you for the bullet. I suspect you'll be munched next unless someone comes out about a role before then.

I also suspect I'll be one of the if not the favourite to be lynched. I'm fine with that, everyone needs to be examined but I urge everyone not to stop looking elsewhere just because you think I'm a wolf. Even if I am there are more out there.

I think we can take a lot from when people speak. I donte mean people going missing because they do have a real life but I just mean the times, what they say and when they say it.

My vote fixxxer btw

You expected SK to be munched. Okay, but you say that you had previously said if SK survives then SK should be looked at as a potential wolf. Wolves may have noticed that and decided not to kill them so that he would be viewed as suspicious.

• Advertisement

Barney/Kitten - I've not got much on these guys, could be wolves could be roled, could be villagers. Don't stand out much to me either way.

Did I miss anyone?

those are my jumbled up current reads

You didn't miss anyone but you've lashed two of us together. Strange given you've separate lines for everyone else.

How come you didn't switch off sultan Uriel? Your thought process here seems to suggest someone coming to the realisation that sully is probably good but you didn't switch off them.
    Uriel. wrote: »
    Very quiet in here tonight. Surprisingly so in a way.
    Hmmm, not helped by sultan not being busy here I guess.

Last minute choo choo on coconut for the craic?
    Mind you, perhaps at least sultan is Not RV.
    Let's shoot skeeter
    Yes,yes I am.
    Whaaaat
    Andy is a wolf

whiplashy
    First post confused about matrix, stumped by motion detector butbif there is one would be a lot of guesswork (so not necessarily stumped then if they’ve grasped the concept of MD).
    Asking for someone to break down role scenarios for her cos she don’t get it. Keith explains it to her. She thanks him and says as we get roles when people die we can work it out from there. Kitten confirms that’s right but downside is wolves will also know.
    Joining in shoot baggly stuff.
    Post saying they have children’s birthday party to attend today that’s 2 hr drive away.
    Post about shooting vale before baggly. (Follow on from shoot baggly theme).
    Back from party deciding between cider and gin. Confirms she is female for Clarabels list.
    Keith’s read list says need more from whippy. Says good ordering to Keith but would have BH in goons. (See below for mistaking BH for baggly, is this the same issue? Need to check back on time and date) Uriel says it’s a Polly pocket thing to say to Keith. Whippy says she doesn’t think it’s pocketing to agree with list as it’s how she’d do it if she wasn’t lazy. Says no hidden motives. Uriel asks what about overtly hidden motives whippy says none of them either.
    Clarabel reads whippy as nice.
    Post about motion detector and only benefit of the role is if it gets no motion that clears payer as villager (wrong) and a motion being detected wouldn’t necessarily mean it was a wolf. Keith says her method of clearing people is flawed, dangerous and not a real thing. Thanks Keith for clearing that up and concludes motion detector is utterly useless. Keith replies going through all roles and best way to use them. Last sentence asks why whippy is trying to confuse what is plain and simple. Whippy thanks Keith’s post. Keith says in following post that the question was for BH. Barney also replies saying no motion doesn’t mean villager.
    Whippy agrees that it’s far too early to gave a real read on anyone so can only go on gut feel at this stage but it’s more often than not gut feel. List sully, Bh & vale. (See above should Bh be baggly?) Says we shouldn’t necessarily be suspicious of low posters as she is one but making exception for sully. Bh asks why him and vale and assumes sully is there for their first post. Bh says she should explain rather than just give names. Whippy thinks it strange BH claimed NRV. Vale for shoot baggly stuff gets it was a joke but doesn’t like it continued on. Also says vales is flimsy reason. If we were lynching right now would choose sully. Can’t remember what the single post of sullys was but something off about it (I don’t like this post at all).
    Bh says he’s never claimed NRV and is she mistaking him for baggly. She says possibly and will go back and check.
    Baggly asks her why wouldn’t a roled villager claim NRV he’s heard this before and doesn’t know reason. Says if he was RV he’d claim NRV. She says a RV wouldn’t claim at all to avoid attention. If pressed maybe but wouldn’t volunteer. Bh agrees especially as it’s early on. Baggly says only reason someone would claim is if they were under scrutiny and he doesn’t get her logic.
    Whippy apologised to Bh and he’s off her list as it was baggly she meant. Bh replies saying always make people explain why they think you’re bad folks.
    Whippy doesn’t see how baggly claiming NRV is going to take heat off themselves rather than just claiming villager (I agree with this as I’ve reread entire convo). Baggly says it won’t but is clearly stating his position in the knowledge it is true. Says to look at those who are evasive for your wolves.
    Likes dandy’s graphics (so does everyone)
    Skunk (now strawbs) has wolfy vibes off Whippy Whip - Asks about game mechanics. Agrees with SKs read list. Asks about MD detecting munch. Doesn’t agree with looking at low posters. Thinks wolf more likely to claim NRV. Would vote Sully if tonight.
    Morning of munch - ageees with whoever said not to munch the noob (I do too and have advocated for it many times). Clarabel agrees.
    Baggly read list has bad feeling of Whippy says mechanical posts for filler. Whippy shrugs it off saying not boosting post count but just joining in discussions.

VALE MUNCHED

1st poster - Well that shows how utterly useless my reads are! Farewell Vale.
    Skunk posts that vale’s munch may clear baggly but Whippy disagrees saying it could be double bluff. Says later she doesn’t think it’s enough to start a bandwagon (baggly mentions triple bluff) and it hasn’t made her any more suspicious than she already was. Trit calls it a quadruple bluff. Skunk replies jokingly that she doesn’t mean lock clear.
    Baggly asks Whippy if she were a wolf who would she munch (really don’t get this question as damned if you answer, damned if you don’t). Says she would have munched choc chip as not under any suspicion. He says “oi” as he always gets killed early Whippy apologises and glad he wasn’t munched.
    1pm Monday posts vote for sully but open to having mind changed see later post from drumpot which she says is wolfy AF. Wouldn’t that be time to change mind?). Fixxxer asks why. Whippy says because she thinks she’s wolfy. Didn’t like her first and only post up until this morning and her posts since haven’t changed her mind. Fixxxer asks is it because she is sneakily trying to pocket Keith while everyone is on lunch. Whippy outraged by his accusation. Says she posted a list of 3 earlier and it said she would vote for sully out of 3 (did it? She said it in an earlier post but not her list one) but given her plenty of time to defend herself. Fixxxer posts up list saying she hasn’t exactly spelled out why they on list (it also doesn’t say she’d vote sully out of 3). Bh tells fixxxer he questioned list too as she got him mixed up with baggly. Whippy says there’s an explanation of the list probably in next post. (She doesn’t retrieve it for clarity)

BAGGLY REPLACED BY DRUMPOT

Welcomes drumpot says she has him as possible wolf and is there anything he wants to admit to.
    Choc chip has no read yet on Whippy
    Whippy asks dandy would they not vote for one of the two they feel is more suspicious than sully. Whippy s concern with open voting is it’s far too easy to start a bandwagon. (I personally believe it’s easier to track who’s jumping on and off others or biding their time to vote). Ecto agrees a single bandwagon not good but good if 2-3 wagons. Dandy doesn’t agree with Whippy as looking at the vote is where he can make an impact otherwise he’d have to assess where to impact.
    Sully responds to Whippy s read of her saying she’s not a wolf (fact) and her track record continues to be abysmal.
    Drumpot posts “Now if wolves are reading this, they could take this that I’m a RV trying to court some attention to blend in...” and Whippy replies “baggly May have got you onto my suspects list but this wolfie AF post keeps you on it!” (So why aren’t you putting your vote here?)

SKUNK REPLACED BY STRAWBS

Whippy clarifies she’s female and welcomes strawbs.
    Ecto reads Whippy as neutral to a potential wolf for now.
    Dandy reads Whippy as safe (from what?)
    Strawbs asks Whippy - “If sully only has one post, why didn’t you say what you thought it said? You mention above you can’t remember exactly but doesn’t that mean you remember the gist? FWIW, I don’t see Sully’s first post as weird at all as it was relating to Keith clearing choccy is his first few posts of the game which was weirder.”.
    Strawbs moves vote to Whippy for above post.
    Whippy replies “I thought it was weird that she just popped in with that one accusation and we didn’t see anything else from her for ages. If I’m accusing someone I’m going to get into a discussion about it. To just drop it and disappear seems wolfie to me.” ( why didn’t she say this to start off with? Hasn’t explained why she didn’t remember content of post earlier).
    Strawbs says she will do an iso of Whippy (here it is).
    Whippy says “I just spent way to much time trying to figure out why only 16 people cast votes. I’m really not smart enough for this game!If Sully does flip wolf I think we need to look at the people advocating for a last minute switch off of her.”
    Dandy says we should look at players who posted in twilight. Whippy says some people do have families and naps to do. Dandy replies that napping is important as life itself.

SULLIVO VANILLA TOWN LYNCHED

KEITH & TRIT DEAD AT MUNCH

conclusion
    She’s really, really interested in Motion Detector and other possible good roles. I personally think the less said the better at that stage to keep wolves guessing. Who benefits most from this convo, wolfs or village? I think wolfs do.
    Confuses Bh and baggly and needs to clarify which one she meant when commenting on Keith’s read list as she said she’d put Bh as goon. Not paying attention properly because neither are on her team and that’s the players she knows best? Why would a villager get mixed up when the reasons are consistent but the poster attributed to them isn’t. If she’s a wolf baggly and Bh definitely aren’t.
    Voting for sully - I’m going to have to do a complete time stamped list of everything sully to gauge a better understanding of this. What I have right now is Whippy calling drumpot wolfy AF after saying she was open to change off sully. Why not jump to drumpot? Would it raise too much suspicion?

Not looking good for Whippy right now.

Ah balls! Sorry I forgot to close bold tags somewhere!

It’s quiet so I’m moving on to a full time and date stamped post of everything sully. Might be a while ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

I won't be on tonight given there is no vote, i have a full day at work on weds followed by buble study so not even home yet.
    No vote so I'd rather not twist my brain with wolves tonight.
    Lots of meetings tomorrow but I'll be on still no doubt in the daytime anyway.
    If not around 6ish tomorrow. Don't take my silence as guilt.

Oh and bh I'm more than sure about myself so don't read insecurities in me, just sometimes i need to recheck the rules

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

... I urge everyone not to stop looking elsewhere just because you think I'm a wolf. Even if I am there are more out there.

Andy, I really don't want you to be wolfy, but I'm a little concerned about the lack of stories this game (Kitten highlighted this last night), your potential pocketing of me, and now the above. What do you mean by "even if I am [a wolf]"?

Maybe I'm being pedantic, but I'm just a little unsettled.

P.S. Sorry - just saw your post as I'm hitting send so understand if you can't get back til tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Just to clarify strawbs, the reason I stayed on Sully over drummer was because at that point I was equally suspicious of both, but stuck with Sully due to her lack of defence, and also I thought it only fair to give drummer a bit of time to get into the game after the substitution. I’d only have went for drummer if I thought he was the wolfiest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Oh, and the interest in the motion detector wasn’t just me. There were a few people trying to understand it and how it works. I’m not sure if it’s a new role? But it’s certainly something a few of us aren’t familiar with. I don’t think there was anything in that discussion that would benefit the wolf’s, unless perhaps none of them knew how it worked either.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Fair enough, I dont mind being on peoples radars but since I have started I havent seen much posting from a bunch of players. Sort of feels like I am being penalised for what Baggly wrote and for trying to be active.

I understand people have to factor in Baggly to a degree but I dont think I should be POI number 1 right now.

Drum, the above response was in reply to a post where I was pointing out that you were not the lowest poster (when you take previous posts into account) and agreeing with you that we should be looking at others.

I can't decide if I was being unclear, or if you just weren't reading my post properly. And if you weren't reading it properly was it because you didn't care because you're not really wolf-hunting...

Advertisement