Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

007 Mafia: GoldenWolf - GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Will be very illuminating to compare last lynch and this lynch vote lists. The lynch thread and no voter numbers is real "if you want Wagonomics, go work for it"

Sorry about the mistakes with lynch votes. That was the last bit of info I added and I must have cut and pasted one of them rather than copy n paste (if then change names (which I also missed one of) and vote counts).

Now it’s time to read it all and see what it tells us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

fixxxer wrote: »
    Will be very illuminating to compare last lynch and this lynch vote lists. The lynch thread and no voter numbers is real "if you want Wagonomics, go work for it"

It is and I'm hoping I'll be alive tomorrow to compare them. Voting is always revealing. I know I maybe focusing a bit too much on one night's votes but there is very little other concrete info out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

I'm going to try a new tactic then, see if it makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I'm going to try a new tactic then, see if it makes a difference.

If you're the vig and you shoot me I'm going to be very upset ;_;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Gah, Bounty Hunter clearly wanted to mess up my lovely shiny table minutes after I posted it. I'll update it later.

I currently have Dandy, Clarabel and Uriel in my village and they seem to suspect each other so they could be 3 of the 4 wolves :pac:

I'd like to find more. Going to try something a little different - I'm going to try to ISO Day 2 to date and see what I can see.

Can you help explain why you think all three of us are village. Would be helpful to me if reference my ISO of Uriel. Svp

Clarabel wrote: »
    Can you help explain why you think all three of us are village. Would be helpful to me if reference my ISO of Uriel. Svp

Giving you the shorthand version as I'm working on something else.
    Dandy because his late vote move is a mad one if he is a wolf. It draws attention to him when he could've easily stayed on fixxxer.
    You because Tritium flipped green and could've been the munch target.
    Uriel is a combination of gut feel and too wolfy to be a wolf-ness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

fixxxer wrote: »
    Morning all. Congrats Tusk on losing your mod virginity! BH - not necessarily - could be 4 goons and no role cop (unless you know something we don’t)

Welcome back Vale, RIP Murray

Fixxxer the post limit doesn’t kick in until after munch on Monday

I think they are just randed as per normal based on the roles in the matrix and if you have a role it is your role for the game

Yea I reckon it will bring us up pretty close to it

I reckon it will be a nightmare to mod and keep track of the votes, glad its not me!

Where did this happen??

Thanks sKeith but worries me that you figured out that he could be a RV and you posted that on the thread :confused

That role sounds like a hard one to play well

Gone very quiet in here. By my reckoning there are still 5 people to post but they may not be aware the game has started yet

You weren't scolded! It was just pointed out that you should be more careful about revealing possible roled players - not that you cannot discuss the roles

What give you that impression Baggly :D

If he is the vig, you are safe until N2 as I don't think he can shoot until then

That would be some game!

Exactly - as we start learning what roles people have then it will help narrow down what roles we are playing with. The downside of that though is that the wolves will also get to know

I’m sitting waiting on Buble to start :-)

I wish!!

Morning all, great gig last night. Busy day today as have my house warming tonight. Will be here on and off. In relation to SK and BH - I think SK is just being his usual self and happy to believe for now that BH read the matrix wrong

It was a great night, didn't have the head space yesterday to be able to read the thread on the phone! Back in work today so will be on more. RIP Vale

The village don't have but the wolves may have one depending on what column we are working from

We are using 35 hour days so there is no lynch until tomorrow night

I took the whole shoot Baggly thing as a joke carried over from playing popcorn, never actually thought Vale was serious about it

Would the village not be able to work out what roles we are playing with based on any power roles announced on death?

That happened to before, I deleted my history on the phone and it went back to normal

I was wondering why Clarabel was popping up on people radar so much so went back and read her posts again. 51 posts and all pretty much fluff or mechanics except for her read list which was very soft and even included two people that are not even playing! >> Copy of m post

Aw by Baggly. Welcome Drummer, hopefully you won't be need to one of these to dig tunnels :D:D

Wolf would normally give soft reads as its easier to back track. I am not saying she is defo a wolf as it was D0 so hard to get a read on people but it's something to keep in mind. The mention of QB and Strawberry was weird - fair enough QB has posted as she is modding but there are no posts from Strawberry as she is not playing yet Clarabel put them both as wolfy.

Do people realise there is no lynch tonight so votes don’t need to be until tomorrow?

Get their vote in

Hi Drumpot, what makes you think you can’t post until Thursday?

I agree that people should vote for who they think is most wolfy as it will give us more information to work with later in the game.

As an aside - Sulli is a she not a he.

Well Baggly wasn't exactly a no show. He withdrew from the game. Mods usually prefer to use subs if they are available as it doesn't upset the balance of the game and gives someone else an opportunity to play

Bye Skunk, welcome Strawberry

That wouldn't make sense from a game point of view as then everyone would know the person was roled. If it was a RV, then the wolves would know who to munch. As SK says - if subs are available the preference is to use them

Sorry thought I responded to you on this. My issue is that you were possibly outing another players role which I didn't agree with. But you personally outed yourself as having a BR, not another player outing you - you see the difference? As I said previously I don't actually have a wolf lean on you

Vote Dublinandy2

I have put in a vote on Dandy mainly based on the above:
    1. Didn't like how he thought two players playing the same role could be different alignments even before Drumpot had posted!
    2. His flip flopping on votes. Voting Sulli to save CC even though he thinks there are more likely wolves and then switching to Fixxxer because he called him out on it.

All players will have a certain level of fluff posts. Usually Dandy's thing is his stories which don't be appearing much this game and seem to have been replaced with the graphic but I am not sure if he is pocketing with these as a lot of them were done on request, not only to get people on side with him.

You think you get invested in it when playing - wait until you are modding!!

You only have to make it to 7 and then the limit is lifted

You back tracking on Drumpot now? Thought you said he wasn’t a wolf?

But how can we scrutinise a player that is not posting? I get what your are saying but there is not much we can about it until either they post / are subbed / modkilled

I’m here now, evenings aren’t great for me. Dandy I see you flipped your vote again!

At least you didn’t forget my story!

Yea poor BH, at least I look hot in your first story. Well I’m hardly ever here between when work ends and lynch is over

RIP Trit & SK. I assume the two deaths mean we are playing a game that has a Jack of all trades and they used their vig shot?

Can't be the vig as it is an even night vig and last night was N1

Happy birthday Clarabel. There is no way of know for sure as there is no flavour. We could assume that they are listed in the order - munch - jack kill - but it is just guessing

I would agree with Barney's reading of the role cop. It is like a wolf Seer, however in normal game I don't think they get their result before munch so probably the same in this game. Them munching Trit / SK means that if they have a role cop then they haven't been successful in finding a RV.
    I don't follow this? Why would a wolf try stop a villager being lynched?
    If we are in column a we have a town doctor and a JOAT

If we do have a vig kill then I reckon we can be certain we are in 2D. Anything else we would be still guessing

That would probably work if he done it earlier or it had more than impact, but I don't think anyone would buy that off him at this stage especially considering his vote was on Fixxxer at the time and therefore didn't reduce the votes on Sulli. He moved to Drumpot with 3 mins to go, not enough time

How so? Clarabel/QB Comment

Yea next lynch is tomorrow night:

D0 - Friday opening - Monday munch
    D1 - Monday munch - Tuesday lynch
    N1 - Tuesday lynch - Wednesday munch
    D2 - Wednesday munch - Thursday lynch
    N2 - Thursday lynch - Friday munch
    D3 - Friday munch - Saturday lynch
    N3 - Saturday lynch - Sunday munch 
    D4 - Sunday munch - Monday lynch
    N4 - Monday lynch - Tuesday munch
    D5 - Tuesday munch - Wednesday lynch

But for the JOAT role block to work as protection they would need to know who was a wolf and which wolf put in the kill order?

Yea I got your point on that and I agree. My point was in relation to your part about it coming in useful later if we have a RV

How do you guys find the time and the patience to do ISO’s? I started doing one in the last game and had to give up! Any tips?

Thanks girls, might try one if I get time some day during work. Evenings are a no go

Going to put a vote on kitten_k here. Going through her posts one by one I'm actually struck by how little substance there is to them. Mostly fluffy posts and commenting on other peoples interactions, and a feel good bit of question answering. The longest bit of input is on the do we or do we not have a JOAT. While useful to know, it doesn't help us hunt wolves very much, and is just the sort of chat I'd like to keep going if I was on team wolf.

Other little things like complimenting the people doing ISO lists (while not contributing and read lists herself) creating a little feel good bubble. No wolf hunting, at most a gentle poke at Dandy for flip flopping on votes. I can't see anywhere where she has put any pressure on another player to try and squeeze a useful interaction out of them.

I saw this post from Clarabel and I think it hits the nail on the head with what I'm thinking.

"Kitty kat is reminding me of QB when she was wolf (but not a smooth). "

There are friendly posts, there are helpful posts, but there are no honest to goodness wolf hunting posts.

My fluff posts are the reason I am called out as a wolf each game. I do not have the time or the skills to do the deep diving most of you do so I post where I can and mention anything I see. This is how I always play as people who have played with me before would know (sorry mods if that is too meta).

I never really do read lists as I find them hard to do but I will post my current top 3 wolves after this and if I am around tomorrow (more free time than today) I will try to do a reads list on whoever is left.

The conversation around ISO's was me genuinely looking for a quicker way to do them as I only really have the time when in work but they take up so much time that I just can't devote to them.
    On my break

Sorry about the he/she thing Choc Chip (and if I've made the same mistake for anyone else)...I have most people leaning a little village when I look at my notes but the more things go on the less I have making that so for these three so they are my ffa for now

Cheezy - needs to get involved and share opinions not just say he read everything
    Drumpot - Both he and Baggly share being very defensive
    Kitten - feel Kitty is holding back compared to others and Fixxers ISO of hers / Claras thoughts are understandable

Barney, Dandy, Whip, Clara I can see people mentioning but at least for now im seeing them clash with more people than the 3 above. If Drumpot or Cheezy were pulling people up on dodgy posting instead of being defensive for example that would make me less suspicious. sK was the most likely villager for me before as he almost draws suspicon to see who will jump on him as NRV, I don't see people doing such things now.

Ecto, Strawbs & Fixxer now with their contributions which gets the village talking especially if they are leaning wolf on ISOs (thus potentially eliminating team possibilities) are leaning village for me. First two more so but none are clear in any way, someone always surprises you.

#FFA 2

1. Cheezy
    2. Drumpot
    3. Kitten

As pair my reply to Fixxxer I am not holding back, I am playing as I always have. I am not a proflic poster and a crap wolf hunter so as usual I never really have much to offer the village.
    Barney92 wrote: »
    I think you might have a fair point. I've had a quick scan of their posts and these seem to be the main ones were she's throwing some sort of shade. Has a slight go at clarabel for soft read and then says that wolves would normally give soft reads in a later post. This seems to be a theme because there doesn't seem to be any strong reads here other than dandy. This seems to be for a combination of vote 'flip-flopping', fewer stories and the baggly/drumpot one good read on bad business. I'm not feeling as strongly as you fixxxer about her being a wolf but it would be nice to see a few more reads from her. If I've missed any apologies kitten.

As above I will give an FFA now and try to get a reads list up tomorrow.
    Choc Chip wrote: »
    Kitten K was on my list for today anyway so I'll take a look at the ISO (have had my 10am meeting pushed out 2 hours). Original post by fixxxer is #1185

Fluff / Mechanics:

Morning all. Congrats Tusk on losing your mod virginity! BH - not necessarily - could be 4 goons and no role cop (unless you know something we don’t)

Welcome back Vale, RIP Murray

Fixxxer the post limit doesn’t kick in until after munch on Monday

I think they are just randed as per normal based on the roles in the matrix and if you have a role it is your role for the game

Yea I reckon it will bring us up pretty close to it

I reckon it will be a nightmare to mod and keep track of the votes, glad its not me!

Where did this happen??

Thanks sKeith but worries me that you figured out that he could be a RV and you posted that on the thread :confused

That role sounds like a hard one to play well

Gone very quiet in here. By my reckoning there are still 5 people to post but they may not be aware the game has started yet

You weren't scolded! It was just pointed out that you should be more careful about revealing possible roled players - not that you cannot discuss the roles

What give you that impression Baggly

If he is the vig, you are safe until N2 as I don't think he can shoot until then

That would be some game!

Exactly - as we start learning what roles people have then it will help narrow down what roles we are playing with. The downside of that though is that the wolves will also get to know

I’m sitting waiting on Buble to start :-)

I wish!!

Morning all, great gig last night. Busy day today as have my house warming tonight. Will be here on and off. In relation to SK and BH - I think SK is just being his usual self and happy to believe for now that BH read the matrix wrong

It was a great night, didn't have the head space yesterday to be able to read the thread on the phone! Back in work today so will be on more. RIP Vale

The village don't have but the wolves may have one depending on what column we are working from

We are using 35 hour days so there is no lynch until tomorrow night

I took the whole shoot Baggly thing as a joke carried over from playing popcorn, never actually thought Vale was serious about it

Would the village not be able to work out what roles we are playing with based on any power roles announced on death?

That happened to before, I deleted my history on the phone and it went back to normal

Some commentary above on sK and BH being good. Did push sK a little bit on potentially exposing a roled player (braver than me kitten) but that's the only negative commentary. Everything else is very casual and nice and super-helpful.

She had a good handle on game mechanics when a lot of people were struggling with the matrix... potentially wolfy, just because it may have been discussed in a backroom...?

This is what annoys me about this game sometimes - if you ask questions about mechanics - you are wolfy, if you understand the mechanics - you are wolfy - you just can't win. I find the mechanic of this game straight forward enough - the only confusion is what section of the grid we are in.

I was wondering why Clarabel was popping up on people radar so much so went back and read her posts again. 51 posts and all pretty much fluff or mechanics except for her read list which was very soft and even included two people that are not even playing! >> Copy of m post

very slight wolf lean here on clarabel - first read i've seen

Aw by Baggly. Welcome Drummer, hopefully you won't be need to one of these to dig tunnels

Wolf would normally give soft reads as its easier to back track. I am not saying she is defo a wolf as it was D0 so hard to get a read on people but it's something to keep in mind. The mention of QB and Strawberry was weird - fair enough QB has posted as she is modding but there are no posts from Strawberry as she is not playing yet Clarabel put them both as wolfy.

Do people realise there is no lynch tonight so votes don’t need to be until tomorrow?

Get their vote in

Hi Drumpot, what makes you think you can’t post until Thursday?

I agree that people should vote for who they think is most wolfy as it will give us more information to work with later in the game.

As an aside - Sulli is a she not a he.

Well Baggly wasn't exactly a no show. He withdrew from the game. Mods usually prefer to use subs if they are available as it doesn't upset the balance of the game and gives someone else an opportunity to play

Bye Skunk, welcome Strawberry

That wouldn't make sense from a game point of view as then everyone would know the person was roled. If it was a RV, then the wolves would know who to munch. As SK says - if subs are available the preference is to use them

Sorry thought I responded to you on this. My issue is that you were possibly outing another players role which I didn't agree with. But you personally outed yourself as having a BR, not another player outing you - you see the difference? As I said previously I don't actually have a wolf lean on you

clarifying no wolf lean on sK

Vote Dublinandy2

I have put in a vote on Dandy mainly based on the above:
    1. Didn't like how he thought two players playing the same role could be different alignments even before Drumpot had posted!
    2. His flip flopping on votes. Voting Sulli to save CC even though he thinks there are more likely wolves and then switching to Fixxxer because he called him out on it.

All players will have a certain level of fluff posts. Usually Dandy's thing is his stories which don't be appearing much this game and seem to have been replaced with the graphic but I am not sure if he is pocketing with these as a lot of them were done on request, not only to get people on side with him.

Above explains why voting Dandy. First mention of him. In fairness, this gave me some questions which I put to Dandy last night. Second person on who KK has a wolfy lean

You think you get invested in it when playing - wait until you are modding!!

You only have to make it to 7 and then the limit is lifted

You back tracking on Drumpot now? Thought you said he wasn’t a wolf?

But how can we scrutinise a player that is not posting? I get what your are saying but there is not much we can about it until either they post / are subbed / modkilled

encouraging me not to waste my time on cheezy - I agree in principle but I do think we need to push very low posting players to post so that we have SOMETHING to analyse

I felt your time could be used better than looking at a player not posting, if he keeps like that and gets the minimum in then its a good time to look at him, just didn't think it was worth it at that particular point in time.

I’m here now, evenings aren’t great for me. Dandy I see you flipped your vote again!

At least you didn’t forget my story!

Yea poor BH, at least I look hot in your first story. Well I’m hardly ever here between when work ends and lynch is over

RIP Trit & SK. I assume the two deaths mean we are playing a game that has a Jack of all trades and they used their vig shot?

Barney - will this RIP confirm Kitten as a wolf? ;)

:D:D - we all better make sure we RIP whoever dies tonight if it does!

Can't be the vig as it is an even night vig and last night was N1

Happy birthday Clarabel. There is no way of know for sure as there is no flavour. We could assume that they are listed in the order - munch - jack kill - but it is just guessing

I would agree with Barney's reading of the role cop. It is like a wolf Seer, however in normal game I don't think they get their result before munch so probably the same in this game. Them munching Trit / SK means that if they have a role cop then they haven't been successful in finding a RV.
    I don't follow this? Why would a wolf try stop a villager being lynched?
    If we are in column a we have a town doctor and a JOAT

If we do have a vig kill then I reckon we can be certain we are in 2D. Anything else we would be still guessing

again, good handle on mechanics. I'm not saying this is a bad thing at all, it's just that lots of kitten's posts are made up of this

See above

That would probably work if he done it earlier or it had more than impact, but I don't think anyone would buy that off him at this stage especially considering his vote was on Fixxxer at the time and therefore didn't reduce the votes on Sulli. He moved to Drumpot with 3 mins to go, not enough time

How so? Clarabel/QB Comment

Yea next lynch is tomorrow night:

D0 - Friday opening - Monday munch
    D1 - Monday munch - Tuesday lynch
    N1 - Tuesday lynch - Wednesday munch
    D2 - Wednesday munch - Thursday lynch
    N2 - Thursday lynch - Friday munch
    D3 - Friday munch - Saturday lynch
    N3 - Saturday lynch - Sunday munch
    D4 - Sunday munch - Monday lynch
    N4 - Monday lynch - Tuesday munch
    D5 - Tuesday munch - Wednesday lynch

But for the JOAT role block to work as protection they would need to know who was a wolf and which wolf put in the kill order?

Yea I got your point on that and I agree. My point was in relation to your part about it coming in useful later if we have a RV

How do you guys find the time and the patience to do ISO’s? I started doing one in the last game and had to give up! Any tips?

Thanks girls, might try one if I get time some day during work. Evenings are a no go

I can see where you're coming from. There are 2 negative comments in there that I can see, one where kitten explained her Dandy vote (and she had to vote there) and one on clarabel based on fluffy posts/mechanics and a soft read list - Kitten, the irony!!!!

To me there is a difference between giving no read and giving soft read lists - the soft read lists are a perfect way for a wolf to act like a helpful villager without committing to any one person and therefore being able to switch bandwagons if they form

She does have a good handle on the game, either village keeping cards very close to chest or wolfy... definitely potentially wolfy
    Cause I've already posted that I think Kitten is a wolf. There's 4 of you. So I'm saying there's likely another wolf in that group.
    So definitely not left out, in a totally separate category. I like your thinking though

Yea not a wolf
    Whiplashy wrote: »
    I’m seeing a few people fingering (hehe) kitten but I’ve not read her as wolfie at all. I’m out for the next few hours but I’ll have a look back when I get home.

CJKrQ4LW8AAiZJe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Cause I've already posted that I think Kitten is a wolf. There's 4 of you. So I'm saying there's likely another wolf in that group.
    So definitely not left out, in a totally separate category. I like your thinking though

Oh okay. Just so I have things straight you think kitten is a wolf, dandy too presumably because you've got a vote in on him, and then one of myself/fixxxer/whiplashy?

@ Barney, as you're here, do you have any particularly strong feelings on anyone?

• Advertisement

I get frustrated, what you are all saying, and Drumpot's posts echo this slightly, is if you don't confirm, act like you want me to act then you're not being village and therefore maybe a wolf.

Have half a brain people. If anything look at the people trying their best to conform, agreeing with the people with perceived power.

Look at Baggly's posts either, how can you say that indicated wolf other than a leftover personal bias?

It's a game, the baddies want to kill the goodies, the goodies want to kill the baddies and everyone wants to live as long as possible until it gets to the exciting part. Think about that, vote for me fine, but to vote for me because I said the truth, that in your eyes I could be a wolf, yes I could.

As for changing my vote, Outliers, Outliers, forever that rings in my mind that they're not useful and then I switch my vote on fixxxer that was never going to have an impact to onet hat I thought might. I thought Sulli was a wolf but I din't try to save her. I just think Drumpot is the better game player so if I thought both were wolf wouldn't you want to get rid of the better opponent?

Everyone take your ego, bias and pride out of it and look at the facts. don't pick no the low posters because they're low posters, pick on them because they are tactical with when they vote.

If you're going after a high poster because all they do is agree, then maybe they agree because the thing they're agreeing with is valid. If you're going after a high poster just for posting fluff, well look at the type of game, long time sans need fluff.

How are we meant to tell the difference between agreeing with someone with 'perceived power' and agreeing with something that is valid? Those two things aren't mutually exclusive. Wolves often can seem to have very valid reasons for things because they tend to have more information than most. Just because the arguments are valid (on the face of it) doesn't mean that they come from a good place.

@ Barney, as you're here, do you have any particularly strong feelings on anyone?

My main three at the minute are:

Clarabel - for previous reasons about inconsistencies in their stance. They have presented both sides of the story when they want to but sometimes do not do so. That and the RIP thing.

Choc chip - this is mainly for the RIP thing. Choc is amongst the people who said that they were sad to see the player leaving. Okay it might not be an ironclad theory but they've continued to try and rubbish the idea. That makes me think that there might be something there. You didn't think it was a great idea but you at least took it on board and were open as to its potential use in combining with your own work.

kitten - Another from the RIP list. Then a further look at their posts suggests a lack of strong pushes at anyone (other than potentially dandy). She herself says this is a good way of a wolf to go, to make soft reads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

FFA:

Uriel - I don't like that way he pops up for a little while, throws in a few posts to meet requirements and disappears

Dandy - moving a little closer to village but still getting wolfy vibes. Get defensive when called out / questioned.

Cheezy - Don't know if I am buying the lost newbie, as his posts so far do not give those vibes, would have expected more interaction by this stage of the game. Maybe his buddies told him to keep his head down for a while to last a few days and then get involved and play the newbie card

I’m going out to dinner early evening and may go for a few scoops afterwards so don’t know how active I will be on thread. On the road now but will get an FFA up when I get home.

Choc chip - shocked.
    BH - RIP post, surprised by her play. Keeping an eye on Drummer but trying to keep and open mind.
    Kitten_K - RIP post, assumes JOAT used vig shot
    Whipy - Jack or vig?
    Choc - RIP post, Jack in midst. Explains to whip that vig is even night. Kitten does the same. Whip asks question about why JOAT, sees explanations and accepts.
    Choc works out we are 1e or 2d, says they'd prefer latter with vig and Motion Det. Notes we'll find out tomorrow. Thanked by Whippy. Posts about Dandy story then says leaving.
    Clarabel - morning, assumes Trit munch, SK shot, Thanked by Drumpot.
    BH - comments others on ball, says it's a busy day
    KK - responds to clara, points out can't know who killed T/Sk. Thanked by clara
    Clara - WTF was SKs BR post about. Does numbers (wrong but revised shortly after). Says cheezy on radar, gonna look at Sully wagon and says Dandy should start singing. NOTE. Puts in vote on Dandy here.
    Whip - BDay post to Clara. Puts in placeholder vote on Drummer.
    Choc -points out the Clara's numbers could be affected by the vig if we have one.
    Strawbs - Says has notes on Ecto, questions Clara re: knowing who killed Sk/Trit.
    Dandy - Posts birthday post, reckons SK munch, Trit shot. Strawbs questions him on this too.
    Ecto - RIP Post. Questions why Clara and Dandy think the way they do re munched vs shot. Adds in post count to help track post limits. Thanked by Clara and Whip.
    Drumpot - Quotes BH from earlier and defends his position. Says he didn't vote to lynch a goody (He actually did coz I'm village but if he is too he can't know this). Argues others are hiding (VERY TRUE) Says people are ignoring strategies (WRONG HERE - NOBODY MOVED OFF SULLY ONTO HIM). Says he's being voted for off gut feel (Not entirely true but not entirely wrong - Overall though an engaged post which is good)
    Cheezy - Confused by 2 deaths. Needs to re-read op.
    Choc responds to Drummer's defense saying that he has a point about other posters but that a summary post of Drummers made him vote (2 Things - Check did Choc say this pre-vote and also this put's paid to only being voted based on Baggly)
    Drummer - responds to Clara's earlier post and says maybe SK was doing similar to what Drummer did. Points out Whip 'jumped' on him for a single post. Still stuck on the idea that Baggly is reason for his suspicion. Says Ecto should do some digging. Thanked by Ecto. (Interesting point made here about Whip...she did say Drum was wolfy af but didn't move off sully and put placeholder on Drum first thing)
    Choc - Tries to engage Cheezy, asks why Cheezy thanked an earlier post
    Dandy - Answers Ecto's question re who was munched/shot. Says Sk coz of BR comment. Says Trit & Ecto either clear vill/awesome wolves. Says he thinks he'll be lynch candidate but village should look elsewhere - even if he's wolf, still others out there. Thinks we learn a lot from when people speak and voting fixxxer (Interesting. Engaged and thinking. Strange comment about even if a wolf - one I don't think a wolf makes but cant be sure)
    Drumpot - responds to Choc, says doesn't think should be suspect no. 1 (Actually agree with him here, think he's in a weird self defense tunnel)
    Cheezy - Responds to Choc, saying thanks was wanting people to know he's following along (Interesting - does a wolf say this while also not posting?)
    Clara - Responds to Strawbs re who was munched/vigged question
    Whip - Responds to Drummer saying soft RV claim is what makes him wolfy. (Not sure I agree here but it is a reason)
    Ecto - Asks Choc why she'd prefer column b?
    Barney - Posts RIP post theory. Questions people who did it once but not 2nd time. Suggests it as a way of distancing from kill. (Respond below, but still not sure on this one at all). Whip says was shocked by 2 deaths hence no 2nd RIP post.
    Drumpot - Responds to Whip. Again v. defensive. Says village blaming Sully is bad. Throws dig at Whip and Ecto for not properly digging and adding meat to theories. (This last bit strikes me particularly given the convo Thursday morning - criticising others for not digging but doesn't seem to be doing any digging themselves)
    Choc - Responds to Ecto saying wants column b for additional kills but acknowledges disaster if vig shoots wrong. Also picks out Uriel's post re shooting sKeith, asks if Uriel has something to tell us.
    Ecto - Responds to Barney's theory voicing suspicion of it but willing to incorporate it into own vote analysis. Gives reads on Barney's list. Also responds to Drumpot - annoyed at suggestion that no digging has been done and says yes, she expects people to defend themselves (Hmm something of a mixed message here to Drumpot - defend yourself but not too much. This is an issue)
    Barney - Responds to Ecto's skepticism but points out 3 village dead from 2 munches and only one lynch vote to look at (Valid point)
    Choc - Asks question re CFD. Also questions Barney's theory as reaching.
    Drumpot - Responds to Ecto. Says there are plenty of options to explore but doesn't give any. Says vote on me was breadcrumb if he'd been lynched/munched (if lynched I'd have been first voter so would be suspect anyway) Proposes looking at Sully's lynch and see what made SK & Trit targets. Doesn't get why people are saying shot (So hasn't fully read OP?) Doesn't have time to read back/investigate but might at weekend (Why not worried about being dead by then?)
    Dandy - Responds to Choc's response to Barney. Says village need to work as a team (Good idea in theory but how when you don't know your teammates?)
    Drumpot - Responds to Choc re CFD. Says if 1/2 more moved Sully would be blamed. (Possibly valid but very late timing of final move onto DP makes this less likely IMO)
    Dandy - Says people shouldn't apologise for suspicions. Mixes up Drumpot and Barney - Responds to Choc, questioning how genuine people are saying RIP. (This is striking me now. One of Strawbs first posts was that my post about Vale was insincere. Then Barney posts a theory regarding RIP posts - the kind of posts that happen in every game I've played in but have never seen theorised as being in any way meaningful. Are they wolves trying to build a narrative? Also, Barney is down as first vote on Clarabel but it was following Tritium's initial posts. Is Barney jumping onto villager's work in an effort to subtly pocket?)
    Dandy & Drumpot exchange joke posts.
    Strawbs pre-empts a long post.
    Ecto - Posts final votes and discusses what she thinks they mean. (Note very little response to this)
    Strawbs - Posts ISO of Ecto. Concludes that Ecto is wolf (wrong but Ecto deals with this graciously :pac: )
    Choc - Quotes Ecto's vote analysis, disagree's slightly but engages with it.
    Ecto - Has temper tantrum :o Thanked by Dandy (On a serious note though, being accused twice of being lazy/not digging/not wolf hunting could be a wolf narrative.)
    Strawbs - Responds rationally to tantrum pointing out Ecto could have discussed apparent contradictions.
    Drumpot - Reads Strawbs notes and asks Ecto question and questions value of role hunter to wolves (Confirms lack of OP reading/understanding from earlier. Also think I forgot to respond to this question. If Trit was wolf it would have cleared both Clara and Barney for me)
    Whip - Responds to Drummer saying they didn't jump on someone else's opinion, they were already in Baggly tunnel. (Does this contradict earlier post re Drummer being an RV as reason for suspicions?)
    Whip & Barney respond to Drummers question re wolf role hunter.
    Drum responds to Whip saying he finds whips voting logic off.
    fixxxer - says he's catching up, clarifies that we are in world D2 or E1
    Drum responds to whip & Barney's responses.
    Barney discusses whether we are in 2D or 1E world and explains how we may find out for sure which.
    fixxxer says 2D would be better (Never asked why?) Also rules out wolf extra kill.
    Whip says not entirely tunnelling Drumpot. Dandy on radar because "If you were a wolf, trying late and unsuccessfully to divert us from lynching a villager would be a good play" (Not sure I agree here). Jokes about linking Dandy 'strategy' to tunnel.
    Bounty Hunter - Says doing ISOs difficult but going to look at Barney. Comments on Ecto's tantrum post saying thinks Ecto has been digging and maybe a compliment that Ecto is great wolf. (Bounty's thoughts have largely aligned with mine and this post could have put me firmly in his pocket)
    Drumpot comments on which column we're in again. Exact post: "So if we think column B has a seer for the wolves then it’s prob a decent shout that we are in column A and only have a town doctor! As said we should know by next munch (Friday) if there is no Vig kill.(RED FLAG POST. He decides it's probably Column A why? Does he know that wolves have no seer?)
    Barney responds to Drummers post with "That's not quite accurate as I said before, because the joat could still roleblock someone and if they happen to roleblock the vig or the wolf who puts in the order than we'll only have one kill. So one kill does not equal 1E. It means it's more likely than 2D but we wouldn't be able to rule out the possibility of 2D." Drumpot thanks this. (Seems to only acknowledge the last part of Drumpot's post about knowing on Friday which world we are in. Didn't question why Drumpot thinks it's likely we are in Column A)
    Kitten K - Replies to mutiple posts re wolf role hunter and offers her perspective on it. Agrees with Barney. Questions Whips post re Dandy. Also quotes Drumpot's We are probably in Column A post but only to clarify what roles are in each world. Points out 2 kills Fri morning must mean 2D.
    Drumpot acknowledges wolves know what column we are in. Doesn't seem to be letting go of possibility that wolves could have been responsible for second kill based on past experience (Damn, this kind of suspicion always reads as paranoid villager to me )
    Whip responds to kitten explaining her theory of Dandy's late vote move.
    UP TO 14:30 WEDNESDAY

Ok so this is taking me way longer than I expected. I may just start to do a more general summary.

From what I have read though, I'm starting to get suspicious of Barney.

Sorry for WALL OF TEXT POST but if someone could give it a read and tell me what they think of my Barney suspicion that'd be great.

Sorry for WALL OF TEXT POST but if someone could give it a read and tell me what they think of my Barney suspicion that'd be great.

I think it's great, one of the better posts of the day. Easy to read and you found a pattern that was hiding. Barney has to be looked at a bit more. I'm at work until 11 now, if it gets quieter I'll iso barney

Barney - Posts RIP post theory. Questions people who did it once but not 2nd time. Suggests it as a way of distancing from kill. (Respond below, but still not sure on this one at all). Whip says was shocked by 2 deaths hence no 2nd RIP post.

Barney - Responds to Choc, questioning how genuine people are saying RIP. (This is striking me now. One of Strawbs first posts was that my post about Vale was insincere. Then Barney posts a theory regarding RIP posts - the kind of posts that happen in every game I've played in but have never seen theorised as being in any way meaningful. Are they wolves trying to build a narrative? Also, Barney is down as first vote on Clarabel but it was following Tritium's initial posts. Is Barney jumping onto villager's work in an effort to subtly pocket?)

Ok so this is taking me way longer than I expected. I may just start to do a more general summary.

From what I have read though, I'm starting to get suspicious of Barney.

These seem to be the main two things in the post. The RIP theory was actually more aimed at the people who said RIP after both munches. I just did a quick reasoning as to why some may have only posted once. But my main suspicions were on those who posted twice, rather than once. I can't account for Strawberry's posts but I'm pretty sure it has happened in the past that people became suspicious of wolves because of their reactions to who was munched. I don't believe it was the deciding factor for anyone but it probably pointed them in a certain direction.

On trit, I said openly that it was building on trit's work. I wasn't trying to hide it. I had previously questioned clara and then trit's work made sense to me and sat nicely with what I had thought previously. I wasn't being subtle about it at all.

I think it's great, one of the better posts of the day. Easy to read and you found a pattern that was hiding. Barney has to be looked at a bit more. I'm at work until 11 now, if it gets quieter I'll iso barney

Feel free to do so, but I'm not sure what you mean by finding a pattern.

Oh and the drumpot thing is because I know he wasn't quite accurate about finding out on Friday. That's what I wanted corrected.

• Advertisement

Whomever said on d0 that it was always so nice d0 before people started getting suspicious was very true.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Not sure if I will be on late tonight but i'm curious to see if people start jumping around with their votes, no clear wagon at this stage for wolves to hide in.

In case I am not around, my vote is currently in for the person I had no.1 on my FFA. It could change if Cheazy gets involved, shares the opinions he said he had when he mentioned he had been keeping up with the thread etc Rally against me if necessary but get posting if we shouldn't be suspecting you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Afternoon guys

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

ha, and the lotto numbers need to arrive or else i'll vote for them too... and a pizza

Ok. Have put in a vote for Whippy. Very open to moving my vote as I'm having a crappy game. Reading back further I think Drumpot is paranoid villager. He makes too many mistakes to be a wolf (sorry Drummer) and his paranoia is more typical village. The more I read of Barney the less I suspect him too but I'm going to do my own ISO to be sure. Hopefully have a full reads list done in a while.

I have to say it, wolves are playing very well.

Afternoon guys

Hey Cheezy. Are you up to date on what's been happening on the thread?

Hey Cheezy. Are you up to date on what's been happening on the thread?

Not quite yet. Working backwards as we speak

Also, fixxxer, if you're about, can you say why you want us to be in 2D world and not 1E world?

Ok. Have put in a vote for Whippy. Very open to moving my vote as I'm having a crappy game. Reading back further I think Drumpot is paranoid villager. He makes too many mistakes to be a wolf (sorry Drummer) and his paranoia is more typical village. The more I read of Barney the less I suspect him too but I'm going to do my own ISO to be sure. Hopefully have a full reads list done in a while.

I have to say it, wolves are playing very well.

Well I'm glad you're getting less suspicious of me but that was quite a quick getting more suspicious to getting less suspicious Ecto.

However, you're now the third person to say that they'll ISO me and I don't think anyone has thus far. You might actually be one who does it though.

• Advertisement

Btw I keep needing to remind myself of the acronyms..

Advertisement