Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

007 Mafia: GoldenWolf - GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Barney92 wrote: »
    I have had a look at people's reactions following the morning deaths. A couple of people said RIP/farewell to both sets - kitten, skunk/strawberry (one person in this), choc chip, bounty hunter and ectoplasm. I wonder if these professions of grief are a way of distancing themselves from the acts. Obviously since there are five they can't all be wolves but I'd be surprised if one or more weren't amongst those five.

On the others:

Whiplashy says farewell to Vale, but doesn't say anything to the latest victims - just that we must have a vig or jack of all trades. That's a bit of a contrast to the previous reaction.

Clarabel was sad to see vale go but when trit and skeith go the same sadness isn't evident. As with whiplashy their first comment post death is more mechanical - trit being the munch and sk the shot. (Happy birthday by the way). Perhaps the birthday is the reason for less sadness in today's initial post :).

Baggly is no longer here, but having been subbed so can't really read too much into that. Drumpot didn't profess any grief. Although that may have been trying to distance from Baggly's style.

I have may missed some posts but tried to get all the ones I saw in there.
    First kill

Second kill
    Well no-one else was looking at it Ecto so I thought I may as well to see if there was anything there. It remains to be seen whether or not there is. We have had two munches (and a third death), whilst we have had only one lynch. We also haven't had any role or wolf flips yet to aid in the analysis of lynch votes. Not to say we shouldn't look at the lynch votes now, but just they'll be more useful later on, especially when we've more information.
    You can say what you like choc chip. I'm just saying that I doubt everyone was being genuine when they said it.

I never said it was an iron clad method but I put it out there to see what people thought.
    From OP

Role Cop: Learns the role of the player they target each night. Note that the village does not have one of these in this set up.

I presume it's essentially a seer for the wolves. They choose XXX and are told what role they have.
    I don't see how the wolves would get an extra kill in this game. So I think we have to assume that we are in either 1E or 2D. That means we either have 4 normal wolves, a doctor and a joat (with no shot left) or 3 normal wolves, a role cop wolf, a motion detector, an even night vig and the joat (with no shot left).

We'll find out on Friday morning which game we're in, unless the joat roleblocks either the even night vig or the wolf who puts in the munch. If there are two kills we are definitely in 2D. If there is only one then we could still be in 2D if there was a roleblock. Probably more likely that we would be in 1E if there is only one kill though.
    That's not quite accurate as I said before, because the joat could still roleblock someone and if they happen to roleblock the vig or the wolf who puts in the order than we'll only have one kill. So one kill does not equal 1E. It means it's more likely than 2D but we wouldn't be able to rule out the possibility of 2D.
    Oh if there is a vig kill we have to be in 2D. We can't be in anything else.

I was just making it clear that no vig kill does not mean we are in 1E.
    Ah yes, I did miss it. When I read the start of the post it didn't seem like you were going to say anything like bye or RIP. So that's six who have expressed sadness after each munch. Not really much saying there is at least one wolf in that six given there are four wolves and 13 of us left I suppose. Even randomly you'd expect 2 to be in that group of 6 (slightly less than 2 I suppose technically).
    I do agree that it is unlikely to happen and think the joat should consider not using their roleblock this time around, as it will tell us what game we are in within anyone needing to reveal yet.
    You expected SK to be munched. Okay, but you say that you had previously said if SK survives then SK should be looked at as a potential wolf. Wolves may have noticed that and decided not to kill them so that he would be viewed as suspicious.
    You didn't miss anyone but you've lashed two of us together. Strange given you've separate lines for everyone else.
    How come you didn't switch off sultan Uriel? Your thought process here seems to suggest someone coming to the realisation that sully is probably good but you didn't switch off them.
    I still stand behind it choc. I think some of the people weren't quite sincere. I do admit it that I don't know which of you but it might be a deciding factor for me if I otherwise can't choose between two for a lynch.
    Yeah, it mightn't be much better but it's something. I guess we shall see how effective it is.
    I think you might have a fair point. I've had a quick scan of their posts and these seem to be the main ones were she's throwing some sort of shade. Has a slight go at clarabel for soft read and then says that wolves would normally give soft reads in a later post. This seems to be a theme because there doesn't seem to be any strong reads here other than dandy. This seems to be for a combination of vote 'flip-flopping', fewer stories and the baggly/drumpot one good read on bad business. I'm not feeling as strongly as you fixxxer about her being a wolf but it would be nice to see a few more reads from her. If I've missed any apologies kitten.
    What does this table mean Clarabel?
    There's no actual reason given for myself, Whiplashy or fixxxer, just that we've similar posting. Kitten is excluded from this for some reason despite only having 2 more posts than whiplashy over the course of a week. What's up with that clarabel? Seems odd to leave them out when they've essentially posted as much as whiplashy.
    Oh okay. Just so I have things straight you think kitten is a wolf, dandy too presumably because you've got a vote in on him, and then one of myself/fixxxer/whiplashy?
    How are we meant to tell the difference between agreeing with someone with 'perceived power' and agreeing with something that is valid? Those two things aren't mutually exclusive. Wolves often can seem to have very valid reasons for things because they tend to have more information than most. Just because the arguments are valid (on the face of it) doesn't mean that they come from a good place.
    My main three at the minute are:

Clarabel - for previous reasons about inconsistencies in their stance. They have presented both sides of the story when they want to but sometimes do not do so. That and the RIP thing.

Choc chip - this is mainly for the RIP thing. Choc is amongst the people who said that they were sad to see the player leaving. Okay it might not be an ironclad theory but they've continued to try and rubbish the idea. That makes me think that there might be something there. You didn't think it was a great idea but you at least took it on board and were open as to its potential use in combining with your own work.

kitten - Another from the RIP list. Then a further look at their posts suggests a lack of strong pushes at anyone (other than potentially dandy). She herself says this is a good way of a wolf to go, to make soft reads.
    These seem to be the main two things in the post. The RIP theory was actually more aimed at the people who said RIP after both munches. I just did a quick reasoning as to why some may have only posted once. But my main suspicions were on those who posted twice, rather than once. I can't account for Strawberry's posts but I'm pretty sure it has happened in the past that people became suspicious of wolves because of their reactions to who was munched. I don't believe it was the deciding factor for anyone but it probably pointed them in a certain direction.

On trit, I said openly that it was building on trit's work. I wasn't trying to hide it. I had previously questioned clara and then trit's work made sense to me and sat nicely with what I had thought previously. I wasn't being subtle about it at all.
    Feel free to do so, but I'm not sure what you mean by finding a pattern.
    Oh and the drumpot thing is because I know he wasn't quite accurate about finding out on Friday. That's what I wanted corrected.
    Well I'm glad you're getting less suspicious of me but that was quite a quick getting more suspicious to getting less suspicious Ecto.

However, you're now the third person to say that they'll ISO me and I don't think anyone has thus far. You might actually be one who does it though.
    It's not a good look but there have been posts about people suspecting cheazy pretty much throughout the day. Having a quick check there were posts at

I may have missed some. Genie could probably then have been levelled at any time throughout the day and not looked too out of place.

Ok and this is everything up to date. Honestly there isn't a huge amount to put Barney into team good OR team bad. I'm not convinced on the whole who RIPd dead victims as a theory. I'm mostly concerned because I think Barney is a strong player and I feel like Good Barney makes more of a contribution than what has been made so far.

In conclusion, on my watchlist but am happier voting for Cheezy as it stands.

fixxxer wrote: »
    Reading what?

I've quoted pretty much every post he's made and made notes of my thoughts on those posts. It's mostly those notes, but there isn't that many posts by Barney and I've now combined them into 3 handy posts so you can read them all easily :)

Also...am I the only person who reads every single post made, not just those directed at me?

Just about made that ISO. Heading out in a few minutes. Just as well as I am slightly blind from staring at the screen for the last few hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Gonna stick in a vote Uriel now as leaving work and the Vodafone network is down so not sure when I’ll get back on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

So today I said I would look at:

1. Clarabel - I'm forgiving this for now as it was your bday yesterday and I feel like you've done a lot of work today. Though I've not had a chance to review yet, effort looks good (I enjoyed writing that as a performance appraisal ;)).

2. Kitten K - I reviewed Ecto's ISO of you and felt wolfy. I didn't feel like your response convinced me otherwise... you're essentially agreeing with what I've said (nothing wrong with mechanics, but your posting has been almost exclusively fluff/mechanics).

Still to do:
    3. Uriel - Clarabel, did you do an ISO of Uriel at #1225? If so, I'll review now.
    4. Whippy / Drumpot - I need to look at this interaction more closely as I've only been able to look over briefly.
    5. Cheezy - who is cheezy? What does he think?

Additional comment: Drumpot, thanks for replying to my posts. I know you said you hadn't had a chance to deep dive into anyone, but it's that very thing that's making me feel wolfy. I'll have a look at your interaction with Whippy and see if I feel better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Guys, sorry, super busy. We had a site crash yesterday that we're still recovering from. I can't chat will change my vote now to Cheezy. Will try to drop in after 9 to put next installment of the story in or the last if I die.

Looks like i'll be at work till midnight ish now and back in at around 8 in the morning so I may be pretty quiet tomorrow until i get home too.

And just to draw a few more sighs and sharp intake of breath, remember, I could still be a wolf lol.

And just to draw a few more sighs and sharp intake of breath, remember, I could still be a wolf lol.

Dandy. I cannot believe that even you would double down on a statement like "maybe I am a wolf", if you were actually a wolf. I just can't.

Guys, sorry, super busy. We had a site crash yesterday that we're still recovering from. I can't chat will change my vote now to Cheezy. Will try to drop in after 9 to put next installment of the story in or the last if I die.

Also, if you get bored in work and could make me a RIP card for players who pass on in werewolf, that would be great. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Ok and this is everything up to date. Honestly there isn't a huge amount to put Barney into team good OR team bad. I'm not convinced on the whole who RIPd dead victims as a theory. I'm mostly concerned because I think Barney is a strong player and I feel like Good Barney makes more of a contribution than what has been made so far.

In conclusion, on my watchlist but am happier voting for Cheezy as it stands.

The thing is ecto, it's only day 2 in this game so we don't have a huge amount to go on. We've only one set of lynch results to look at and no very solid information outside of that. You may not think much of my theory but we haven't even had a chance to test it yet. I think it might be able to help out once there is more lynch data to look at after this evening.

The thing is ecto, it's only day 2 in this game so we don't have a huge amount to go on. We've only one set of lynch results to look at and no very solid information outside of that. You may not think much of my theory but we haven't even had a chance to test it yet. I think it might be able to help out once there is more lynch data to look at after this evening.

This is a fair point. Extended timeline may be affecting my thoughts. Am also aware that I have thought mad theories are, well, mad and they've proved true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Alexaplasm, running short on time here before Fleetwood, but what's you're sense of easy single's pop in, pop out approach the game.

Do you think drummer boy should hang for bagatelle's brief spell?

Uriel. wrote: »
    Alexaplasm, running short on time here before Fleetwood, but what's you're sense of easy single's pop in, pop out approach the game.

Do you think drummer boy should hang for bagatelle's brief spell?

My votes on Cheesy. Think Drum deserves a stay.

My votes on Cheesy. Think Drum deserves a stay.

Why cheese ?

Too much lantern rubbing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

Choc Chip wrote: »
    Also, if you get bored in work and could make me a RIP card for players who pass on in werewolf, that would be great. :)

Super busy but made a quick one for you.

Why cheese ?

Too much lantern rubbing?

A bit of that, but mostly saying one thing doing another.

Drummy troubles me. His bread crumb stuff is weak. Weak like a granddad on antibiotics but i feel if I hone in on Drummy then I have to have a villy lean on Alexa and I'm just not in that space.

Clarabel - I tried to review your ISO of Uriel but it was hopping all over the place (or rather he was poking everyone and I need more space to think). I need to spend more time on this than I have right now.

I'm sticking an FFA out there now while I do the rest of this work so that at least people have a chance to respond:

#FFA2

Kitten - Sorry, but I can't get away from you doing the exact same thing (mechanics, fluff and soft reads) that you accused Clarabel of when providing your wolf lean. I know you responded, but I'm just not convinced...
    Drumpot - I know you said that you just don't have a chance to analyse people, but your posts on strategy without doing work, then not reading posts properly are making me feel all furry about you...
    Cheezy - my number 3. It's a toss up between you and Uriel, but I think Uriel has contributed more for now, while you're still the big hulking yeti that no one has seen. Come in from the cold, converse, tell us how you feel. xxx

Whippy - I know that you had pointed out last night's FFA for your reason for voting Dandy, but I still find it interesting that you jumped early onto a wagon for the second time. I need to look at you and Drumpot's interaction a bit more, but right now I don't see you on the same team. Drumpot is a little more wolfy for me right now, but you're still on my mind.
    Fixxxer - I had you as wolfy leaning before, but I can't put you on the same team as kitten, so you're on my watch list instead right now.

Super busy but made a quick one for you.

delighted I now have an appropriate way to send people on their way. I hope if I pass away tonight / tomorrow, you'll all commemorate me with this card

Drummy troubles me. His bread crumb stuff is weak. Weak like a granddad on antibiotics but i feel if I hone in on Drummy then I have to have a villy lean on Alexa and I'm just not in that space.

So you think I'm a wolf? If you're basing your vote on that then you're in trouble. I'm team village.
    My read on Drumpot swings from wolf to village and back again. Can say this though...he's not neutral

Hmmm coconut was the last vote on sultan I think?
    Fix it also voted sultan.

I'm kinda leaning towards both for a vote.
    But coconut has more of a village lean in my mind.
    Think I'll be voting for Jim will fix it.

• Advertisement

So you think I'm a wolf? If you're basing your vote on that then you're in trouble. I'm team village.
    My read on Drumpot swings from wolf to village and back again. Can say this though...he's not neutral

I don't like how you're trying to put words in my mouth. I certainly didn't say you were wolf. Troubling Alexa troubling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Choc

Ok so this is taking me way longer than I expected. I may just start to do a more general summary.

From what I have read though, I'm starting to get suspicious of Barney.

About half way through that my Barney spiders started tingling.....so yes. Agree with you on that

I don't like how you're trying to put words in my mouth. I certainly didn't say you were wolf. Troubling Alexa troubling.

The whole "having to have a villy lean on Alexa and not being comfortable in that space" made me think you were saying I'm wolf. My sincerest apologies if I misread you.

Enjoy Fleetwood btw :)

Ecto and BH for two for starters. But BH has me conflicted all of a sudden, I’m not as sure as I was.

Evening cheesy. :)

I had my vote on your early as I was hoping to inspire you to talk to us. I see you've had a wolfy lean on BH and Ecto. Could you talk to us about it?

Tell us where you feel funny?

Did they do something that made you go woof?

Pleeeeeeease say something to persuade me you're village...

It's not a good look but there have been posts about people suspecting cheazy pretty much throughout the day. Having a quick check there were posts at

I may have missed some. Genie could probably then have been levelled at any time throughout the day and not looked too out of place.

We have a pair

fixxxer wrote: »
    We have an even night vig which could get us an extra kill of we can borrow down our list of targets.

How is that possible

The whole "having to have a villy lean on Alexa and not being comfortable in that space" made me think you were saying I'm wolf. My sincerest apologies if I misread you.

Enjoy Fleetwood btw :)

That's fine.

I will... I hope..
    I'll send photos :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Clarabel wrote: »
    We have a pair

I may well be on the same team as cheezy, I don't know yet. But I will call out accusations that I see as potentially questionable.

I may well be on the same team as cheezy, I don't know yet. But I will call out accusations that I see as potentially questionable.

It didn't strike me as genie in particular. I didn't feel the need to rush out and do a huge amount of work to gather his posting times and defend him.

• Advertisement

I am worried that cheezy is going down the same route as sulli. I was hoping to poke him, he now has (I think) 4 votes, and shows no sign of coming on to defend himself.

Is it a wolf who is lying low or a villager who never really engaged. I've no idea...

Advertisement