Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing problem after attic conversion

Options
  • 07-06-2019 6:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

Just wanting to pick brains to see what I can do here.

I had my attic converted at the end of last year. The plumbing aspect involved moving the water tank from the middle of the attic to the side and another job was to put in a radiator.

During the conversion, the hot water in my shower (which comes from the immersion tank stopped working). So I told the guy looking after it and his plumber came out and did whatever he did to fix it. I wasn't here, my missus said he was here for 5 minutes.

About a month after the job it happened again. I looked up about airlocks and saw how to remove them by pushing water through the system from the rising main. Did that and the problem went away.

It's happened 3 more times now.

I contacted the company and each time I contacted them it's "oh that's terrible, we'll arrange the plumber to come out and fix it". I've been doing that for a month now and no joy.

I rang a plumber seperately and he said he thought moving the water tank has left a high point somewhere where air is gathering. That's all speculation obviously.

No other tap is affected in the house. We have a main bathroom with a shower and it's fine so I've been using that, but there are 5 adults in the house so the queue is beginning to get fed up.

If it was just a couple of hundred quid I would get it done. But I don't know if it will be. For all I know the issue could be hidden somewhere that causes a major effort (and cost) to get fixed.

So I was wondering what my next step is. I'm going to ring them today and try to get a date from them. If that passes I was thinking of putting it in writing, sending it to them and then getting it fixed myself and chase them through the small claims court if it's very expensive.

Is there anything I'm missing or should do differently.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Have you posted in the Plumbing and Heating forum?

You might get practical (non Consumer) advice there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

^^You can use the P&H forum for practical advice on high points etc. but if you want to stick to the topic of getting resolution to this issue from the company, then it can stay here.

Let me know if you want this thread moved. But please don’t create two threads on the same topic.

dudara

Advertisement