Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cocaine and other drugs in Ireland

• 07-06-2019 7:39am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Listening to newstalk this morning discuss a recent report that cocaine use in Ireland is the 3rd highest in Europe.

Very easy to get any and all dugs nowadays. From the traditional street dealer to the dark net posting to your door.

Do you see cocaine use in your towns and villages?
    Tell us some of your stories

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Listening to newstalk this morning discuss a recent report that cocaine use in Ireland is the 3rd highest in Europe.

Very easy to get any and all dugs nowadays. From the traditional street dealer to the dark net posting to your door.

There's a fella called Rory with a youtube channel. Loadsa stories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Forget coke, anyone have any cheap fags for sale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Where do they get the data to back up these stats? Wouldn't have a clue where to go to get illegal drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

You wouldn’t want to be taking it that often, but the quality of the old ‘Satan’s dandruff’ is very good at the moment. Highly refreshing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Around xmas maybe 4 years ago. Top floor of the Stag's Head (auld Guinness type pub imo). Queue of lads in the jacks who must have all eaten something dodgy. . .

That was an awakening for me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 335 ✭✭.Charlo

Its getting to stage now where fellas aren't even been thrown out of pubs If the door staff catch them on the bag. They'd be throwing half the pub out if that was the case.

Never thought I'd say this but the Coke that's around at the minute is almost too strong theres no hiding that you are on it and women are just as bad as the men for it if not worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I reckon that 8% figure they throw out is a load of tosh. At least once in their lives for adults between the age of 18 and 64.

There is a hell of a lot of nights in that time span.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Berserker wrote: »
    Where do they get the data to back up these stats? Wouldn't have a clue where to go to get illegal drugs.

Fairly simple to be honest. If you took cocaine you would know who else in the pub was at it. failing that it's handy enough to get it posted to the house from the dark web. Then there are people on Snapchat and Instagram dealing. In big towns in towns and cities they will deliver to your door if the quantity is worth their while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

It’s fcuking up a lot of people between the cost of it and those that end up addicted to it . A lot of nasty people dealing it in pubs too leading to many who don’t want drugs to give up going out looking at the carry on .

Guards more interested in entrapping a publican serving a 17 year olld a pint of cider than some scumbags selling 2-3,000 worth of cocaine in pub toilets .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Berserker wrote: »

Really?? They are quite easily got. Almost as easy as ordering a pint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Hoboo

LuasSimon wrote: »
    It’s fcuking up a lot of people between the cost of it and those that end up addicted to it . A lot of nasty people dealing it in pubs too leading to many who don’t want drugs to give up going out looking at the carry on .

Guards more interested in entrapping a publican serving a 17 year olld a pint of cider than some scumbags selling 2-3,000 worth of cocaine in pub toilets .

Think you need to stop drinking in kips. Never have I seen anyone dealing coke in a toilet, nevermind 2-3k worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

I was at a darts tournament a while back. The toilets were mental, long lines queueing into the four cubicles and people high fiving each other on the way into and out of them. And a row of pristine, untouched urinals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Fcuk off copper. I'm not a nark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭enricoh

Supposed to be rocket fuel at the moment, flake i think its called.
    Maybe Dunphy was wrong eventually n u can get good stuff in ireland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

they can take swab tests on bank notes and surfaces in toilets of various places (Dail included), it's not hard to extrapolate usage stats based off stuff like that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭ClintPower

YFlyer wrote: »
    I reckon that 8% figure they throw out is a load of tosh. At least once in their lives for adults between the age of 18 and 64.

There is a hell of a lot of nights in that time span.

Been wondering this for years. If these surveys were correct drug dealing would be a very slow money business.

In saying that there are whole socioeconomic groups that have never taken certain drugs. I used to seldom run into people from the better half of Dublin in my raving days, for example. And contrary to the perception of the coke snorting banker and solicitor the reality is cocaine is about as working class as a credit union loan and a holiday in Santa Ponsa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Where do u even find a dealer to get illegal drugs off? I'm out every Saturday night and wouldn't have a clue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Where do u even find a dealer to get illegal drugs off? I'm out every Saturday night and wouldn't have a clue

are you asking for a friend?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

are you asking for a friend?

I smell bacon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭CPTM

Bob Harris wrote: »
    There's a fella called Rory with a youtube channel. Loadsa stories.

He's the new lowest form of wit. It goes:

>> Pun
    >> Sarcasm
    >> Rory's Stories

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mods nights out are full of Coke!

Genuine question, has anyone heard of girls purposely taking rohypnol in the club's on Harcourt street? My mate's younger brother mentioned it's all the rage. They take 10% of the dose that would be given if they were spiked, and it gives them the feeling of 4/5 drinks. Sad reality if that's the case

It really depends on the social circle you mix in.
    I know if I went out with one group of people I could get on hands stuff easily enough.
    Another group of people I wouldn't have a hope.

I remember when I was in secondary school drugs weren't a massive issue. They were a few lads into them The guys in question either dropped out or never came into school.
    We had this sort of drugs talk with a few guys one day and we told them we'd find it hard enough to access drugs and they refused to believe us. They said it was the only time they were told that.

CPTM wrote: »
    Genuine question, has anyone heard of girls purposely taking rohypnol in the club's on Harcourt street? My mate's younger brother mentioned it's all the rage. They take 10% of the dose that would be given if they were spiked, and it gives them the feeling of 4/5 drinks. Sad reality if that's the case

****ing idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

You would rather they took 4-5 pints?

ClintPower wrote: »
    Been wondering this for years. If these surveys were correct drug dealing would be a very slow money business.

In saying that there are whole socioeconomic groups that have never taken certain drugs. I used to seldom run into people from the better half of Dublin in my raving days, for example. And contrary to the perception of the coke snorting banker and solicitor the reality is cocaine is about as working class as a credit union loan and a holiday in Santa Ponsa.

Katie French Jerry Ryan

I don't know about this but I say a bit of it might be to do with them wanting to cut calories!
    I remember on night out at college some people wanted to get drunk fast but not consume calories!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Cocaine is so endemic to our culture now, a night out isn't a night out without a few bumps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Never been offered coke, I feel left out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

the Irish doing their bit for the south american peasant farmers

Most people aren't sourcing their cocaine on a night out, they will have it sorted from earlier that today from people they know in their locality. Anyone buying coke from a stranger on a night out wants their head examined.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

.Charlo wrote: »
    Most people aren't sourcing their cocaine on a night out, they will have it sorted from earlier that today from people they know in their locality. Anyone buying coke from a stranger on a night out wants their head examined.

Does there not be guys in clubs dealing?

El_Bee wrote: »
    Does there not be guys in clubs dealing?

I've probably been asked if I wanted to buy coke in a nightclub twice in my life. I wouldn't buy cocaine off anyone I didnt know in a nightclub because the likelihood it's more creatine powder or caffeine than coke. You are wide open to be ripped off. Anyone that does it regularly enough is getting it from a trusted source. See a few lads around temple bar selling to English lads absolutely fleecing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 vtgfu omnu wdcrs

Never got much of a buzz off it myself, bitta speed on the other hand...

Maybe I should be taking more?

Never got much of a buzz off it myself, bitta speed on the other hand...

Maybe I should be taking more?

Speed is disgusting mate. Dirty drug.

• Advertisement

You would rather they took 4-5 pints?

Yes.. Wouldn't you? Surely a legal drug from a trusted source is better than taking illegal drugs from people whose motives are questionable. Maybe your question was supposed to be funny and I missed it.

I don't know about this but I say a bit of it might be to do with them wanting to cut calories!
    I remember on night out at college some people wanted to get drunk fast but not consume calories!

Vodka and some sweet (but sugar free) soft drink would do the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Yes.. Wouldn't you? Surely a legal drug from a trusted source is better than taking illegal drugs from people whose motives are questionable. Maybe your question was supposed to be funny and I missed it.

Tbh drugs have along way to.go to do the damage alcohol has done here

Vodka and some sweet (but sugar free) soft drink would do the job.

It was generally a naggin of Vodka or some cheat spirit. There was no time for sipping 4-5 pints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Nothing wrong with a bit of speed: "At therapeutic doses, amphetamine causes emotional and cognitive effects such as euphoria, change in desire for sex, increased wakefulness, and improved cognitive control. It induces physical effects such as improved reaction time, fatigue resistance, and increased muscle strength"

• Advertisement

But nobody knows the source of their mate's source. Or the source of their source's source. So in any case it's a risk. The cocaine chain is a long one with many undesirables along the way. It's amazing there aren't more deaths from God knows what that could be cut into it along the way.

Nothing wrong with a bit of speed: "At therapeutic doses, amphetamine causes emotional and cognitive effects such as euphoria, change in desire for sex, increased wakefulness, and improved cognitive control. It induces physical effects such as improved reaction time, fatigue resistance, and increased muscle strength"

I probably took too much the one time I done it. Felt like my heart was going to explode out of my chest. Freaked out.

Remember there used to be some serious MD around in the late 00s, halcyon days

Used to buy it from a Lithuanian scumbag when I was around 20. Awful stuff looking back on it. Totally wound up and forget about sleeping that night. Zero appetite the next day and a feeling of doom.

Actually that sounds a bit like if you over do it on the cocaine!

The odd joint on a Friday night with a cup of tea and a movie is enough nowadays

_blaaz wrote: »
    Tbh drugs have along way to.go to do the damage alcohol has done here

This is the only problem I have with legalizing drugs. We binge on the drugs that are legally available to us. What would Ireland look like if people took cocaine in the same quantities as they took alcohol or cigarettes?

gangland thread quiet so people kick back and shoot the breeze on what's the best buzz:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

This is the only problem I have with legalizing drugs. We binge on the drugs that are legally available to us. What would Ireland look like if people took cocaine in the same quantities as they took alcohol or cigarettes?

Probably alot less knackers around.tbh....natural selection

But nobody knows the source of their mate's source. Or the source of their source's source. So in any case it's a risk. The cocaine chain is a long one with many undesirables along the way. It's amazing there aren't more deaths from God knows what that could be cut into it along the way.

Some people do know the source of their mates source and the chain isn't that long where I'm living. The lads around here dont dance on the stuff, its flake. Its rocket fuel, you can tell by looking at it by the shine on it that it's high purity. But as I said people that do it regularly have their trusted sources. Casual users are probably ending up with crap but probably thinking it's great cause they've never had the real good stuff.

Used to buy it from a Lithuanian scumbag when I was around 20. Awful stuff looking back on it. Totally wound up and forget about sleeping that night. Zero appetite the next day and a feeling of doom.

Horrible

The eastern Europeans love it. Too mean to pay for the coke thats all that is.

north of Spain, now there is rocket fuel. Fresh off the boats

• Advertisement
Advertisement