Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cocaine and other drugs in Ireland

14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I doubt they would have the resources even if they were interested in trying to investigate such operations, which exist by the sounds of it.

TBH I would be more worried about getting ripped off by scammers, than the cops checking my post for a bit of personnel I took the initiative to purchase online.

Online sellers are reliant on good feedback unless they decide to pack it in one day and scam lots of people for one final payday.
    Generally the quality is higher online which compensates for the few times you might get scammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

You can buy from an Irish source too, less chance of sniffer dogs around domestic mail I'd say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

US2 wrote: »
    Would this new law cover someone who was already convicted and charged of possession of 10e worth of cannabis 11 years ago?

I don't know, it depends , but I doubt it. If you got busted 11 years ago and charged I would imagine you were charged under the old legislation.

But if your caught with a ten spot in your wallet tomorrow it is highly likely that the Gard will confiscate it, take your details and let you walk with a bollicking. As far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

US2 wrote: »
    You can buy from an Irish source too, less chance of sniffer dogs around domestic mail I'd say.

Honestly don't know - do they have sniffer dogs at incoming post depots...? In any case, it depends on the drug. LSD, for example, is odorless.
    I doubt they would have the resources even if they were interested in trying to investigate such operations, which exist by the sounds of it.

TBH I would be more worried about getting ripped off by scammers, than the cops checking my post for a bit of personnel I took the initiative to purchase online.

1 - Probably not. Would depend on likelihood to distrubute. That WILL take their interest.

2 - Perhaps surprisingly, most online sellers are extremely honest Customers leave reviews and they take negative feedback VERY seriously.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Honestly don't know - do they have sniffer dogs at incoming post depots...?

I'd be very surprised if they did especially with how quick domestic post is delivered.
    Customs are only concerned with what's passing from the border of one country into this country.
    I'd say they only have the resources to occasionally do a run a sniffer dog from post arriving from places like the Netherlands.
    There's probably too much post from the UK to do anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

tuxy wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if they did especially with how quick domestic post is delivered.
    Customs are only concerned with what's passing from the border of one country into this country.
    I'd say they only have the resources to occasionally do a run a sniffer dog from post arriving from places like the Netherlands.

Customs here use...

Dogs
    Intelligence
    ETD technology (invented to trace explosive particles but can now detect drugs)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JoncC1rGBGM

Strumms wrote: »
    Customs here use...

Dogs
    Intelligence
    ETD technology (invented to trace explosive particles but can now detect drugs)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JoncC1rGBGM

Would I be right in thinking they are more concerned with tobacco since that's what hits revenue harder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Would I be right in thinking they are more concerned with tobacco since that's what hits revenue harder?

Hard to know. Loss of tax revenue would be a concern on the cigs but I imagine the importation of tonnes of illegal drugs and the grand impact that has on wider society is going to cost the state a hell of a lot more in terms of crime / policing, healthcare etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Does coke make you violent? I know a lad who got a job in college and started using ecstasy, coke, and weed. Eventually did one drug every day for three weeks and then started developing paranoia that the Gardai were looking to bust him and his dealer was with the Gardai. Eventually assaulted his parents and was taken to SJOG.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Does coke make you violent?

Yes, it can make an aggressive person more aggressive especially when mixed with alcohol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭JMMCapital

I've a friend who orders online/darknet never had a problem with Ireland they don't check domestic mail that's a fact. He said UK was good up until the lead up to Brexit this year where they brought on more staff this lead to more inspections so it's harder to get orders in from England. I'd say its 50/50 with anywhere else some guys are very good at concealing drugs some of the stealth I've seen used is amazing. He has this one guy in NL and he's never had a pack not show up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Pubs are really bad places to bring a 5 or a 6 year old, particularly if there is a match on.... never mind the lads doing a bit of banger in the jacks.

Don't cod yourself into thinking it is ok to bring your kids into the pub with you, it isn't no matter what time of day it is. I spent my misspent youth hanging around in pubs with my Dad and his brothers, stuffing myself with crisps and coca cola listening to them craic on, hardly a sound upbringing, believe.

Advertisement